Home Home, Law & Money
Ongoing maintenance - the boards are undergoing some ongoing, intermittent maintenance. Pages might load slightly slower than usual and there may be very short periods where the boards are offline.

previous searches on credit report that shouldn't be there???

SystemSystem Posts: 8,627 Staff Team
i'm looking at my credit report on equifax and i am totally confused as to why a company called "Shop Direct Finance Company Ltd" made a search on 08/11/09 on my previous addresses.

now, i haven't signed up to any credit agreements recently. i haven't applied for anything and i have no credit cards anymore.

it is concerning me to be honest. is there a way i can find out WHY this company did a search on me? i'm worried someone has set something up in my name or something.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Does it explain on the Equifax site what you can do?
    well, i've sent them a query regarding the information that is on my file.

they sent me an email back saying that at present, they are getting back to people within 12 days :|
    no. i did LOOK on the littlewoods website last week though.

i only looked though. i signed up for an account too but 1. it was to pay by debit card, i wasn't opening up one of those crappy pay over 10 month or whatever accounts and 2. i decided against ordering what i was going to order anyway.

i dont know how they've searched up my two previous addresses when i haven't given them details of them.
    Businesses are allowed to do searches on your credit history even if you didn't apply for credit. I don't know why they are allowed to do it but they are. It falls under a different category then if you applied for credit.