Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

previous searches on credit report that shouldn't be there???

i'm looking at my credit report on equifax and i am totally confused as to why a company called "Shop Direct Finance Company Ltd" made a search on 08/11/09 on my previous addresses.

now, i haven't signed up to any credit agreements recently. i haven't applied for anything and i have no credit cards anymore.

it is concerning me to be honest. is there a way i can find out WHY this company did a search on me? i'm worried someone has set something up in my name or something.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Does it explain on the Equifax site what you can do?
    well, i've sent them a query regarding the information that is on my file.

they sent me an email back saying that at present, they are getting back to people within 12 days :|
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1547285

Ordered a Littlewoods catalogue lately?
    no. i did LOOK on the littlewoods website last week though.

i only looked though. i signed up for an account too but 1. it was to pay by debit card, i wasn't opening up one of those crappy pay over 10 month or whatever accounts and 2. i decided against ordering what i was going to order anyway.

i dont know how they've searched up my two previous addresses when i haven't given them details of them.
    Businesses are allowed to do searches on your credit history even if you didn't apply for credit. I don't know why they are allowed to do it but they are. It falls under a different category then if you applied for credit.