Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Got a new haircut today......

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Went to a new hairdresser's which opened a few weeks ago this morning.
I told the hairdresser that I wanted something different but I didn't know what. And I got this haircut. When finished she asked me if I use hairgel, I replied no. She asked me if I wanted to try some and I agreed.

What do you think?

RIMG0027.jpg
RIMG0036.jpg
RIMG0037.jpg

I think now I'm going to wear hair gel as I think it looks good.
While searching for some on the internet, I found this website for hairstyles, could be a useful site for me.

Comments

• Options
    It depends what your hair style was like before hand......its could do with abit of volume, maybe more layers at the front so you can ruffle it up abit :) when you get time on your own just experiment with different styles, what you like best, what you dont :)
  • Options
    It depends what your hair style was like before hand......its could do with abit of volume, maybe more layers at the front so you can ruffle it up abit :) when you get time on your own just experiment with different styles, what you like best, what you dont :)
    :yes: definately needs messing up a bit, get a good quality hair product, dont use cheap gels (or any gel for that matter, gel sucks, its all about clay or wax). it looks a bit too lady gaga at the moment, needs a bit more life to it!
  • Options
    The woman used the word "texture" on my hair.

Does anyone think I could go shorter, maybe have a crew-cut, if so, do you think it would suit me?

Icey
    So what clays or wax would you recommend?

I have never used any clay, wax or gel on my hair before, but thought about using it when she tried the gel on me.
  • Options
    Yeah wax is better doesn't make your hair fluffy after half a day. Maybe some VO5 or shockwaves wax.

I think you could go shorter, maybe your fringe an then it will be easier to style?
  • Options
    Icey
    So what clays or wax would you recommend?

I have never used any clay, wax or gel on my hair before, but thought about using it when she tried the gel on me.
    Gel tends to cause a wet look effect that more often than not just makes hair look greasy rather than stylish. V05 matt clay is pretty good - probably a good bet for your hair. Dax wax (red tin) is alright, makes your hair go a bit clumpy sometimes though and its easy to put too much in, only needs a very tiny amount.
    And i'd suggest giving the front some lift, dont have it just flat to your face it makes it look quite limp
  • Options
    Yeah wax is better doesn't make your hair fluffy after half a day. Maybe some VO5 or shockwaves wax.

I think you could go shorter, maybe your fringe an then it will be easier to style?

I knew I should have said that my fringe could be more shorter. Oh well, I will tell them next time.

What about shockwaves control moulding wax?
  • Options
    icey wrote: »
    Gel tends to cause a wet look effect that more often than not just makes hair look greasy rather than stylish. V05 matt clay is pretty good - probably a good bet for your hair. Dax wax (red tin) is alright, makes your hair go a bit clumpy sometimes though and its easy to put too much in, only needs a very tiny amount.
    And i'd suggest giving the front some lift, dont have it just flat to your face it makes it look quite limp

I'll try this wax and I'll let you know that results.
  • Options
    I've never had that shockwaves one but it looks good. The Vo5 is good though I mean I'm a girl and have very long hair and I use it to give my hair more volume and it's works really well.
  • Options
    I've noted down VO5 Styling Wax and VO5 Extreme Style Matt Clay, I'll have to decide between them both.
  • Options
    I don't like wax as I found your hair needs to be completely dry to use it. Garnier Fructis gel is good for a defined style, and it doesn't look too 'wet' on hair.
  • Options
    Try it out and post pics :)
  • Options
    skakitty wrote: »
    Try it out and post pics :)

Yep will do.
  • Options
    I might be going waaaayyyy overboard, but would it suit me if I dye my hair? I don't know what colour though and I would rather dye it at home instead of spending £££'s at a hairdresser.
  • Options
    Hey i tell you what you can do- i use this tool a lot to decide on hair cuts and colour-
    http://www.ivillage.co.uk/beauty/makeover/frontpage

You upload a photo of yourself, and then you can try diff colours and styles.
  • Options
    skakitty wrote: »
    Hey i tell you what you can do- i use this tool a lot to decide on hair cuts and colour-
    http://www.ivillage.co.uk/beauty/makeover/frontpage

You upload a photo of yourself, and then you can try diff colours and styles.

Thanks but I don't really want to join any sites.
  • Options
    Does anyone think this hairstyle will suit me?

http://coolmenshair.com/2007/10/extreme-short-shaggy-hair.html
  • Options
    I've been looking at waxes on the internet and have found some info that wax will stay wet.

Is this true because at work I have to wear a hat all day?

And will it stay in place when I take it off?

I might have to think about using gel instead
  • Options
    Why does it matter what it looks like if you won't see it anyway?
  • Options
    Does anyone think this hairstyle will suit me?

http://coolmenshair.com/2007/10/extreme-short-shaggy-hair.html
    hmm

i can't really imagine you with that one
  • Options
    I've had a think about that hairstyle and yes I think you are right, I wouldn't suit it lol
  • Options
    you look a bit like Jim Carrey in dumb & dumber :p definitely use a bit of hairwax.
  • Options
    Why does it matter what it looks like if you won't see it anyway?

Because he wants to be shaggable.
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »

Thats erm....partly true lol Its about time I got a new haircut and used something like wax or gel at my age!!
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    Hmmm but what's going on underneath the hat won't affect his appearance... maybe his libido will be improved by knowing there's a magnificant mane under there waiting to be unleashed?
  • Options
    Just go into Boots and get gel or mousse or wax or whatever you think's best, or nick some off your friends..then you can see what you think's best for you.

:)
  • Options
    Hmmm but what's going on underneath the hat won't affect his appearance... maybe his libido will be improved by knowing there's a magnificant mane under there waiting to be unleashed?

:lol:
  • Options

lol

Just an update. Went to Boots today and bought some V05 Gel.

Next time I get my haircut which will be before the 18 Dec (going to works' xmas party) I'll have to get it cut shorter.

If anyone fancies it, go to the link I posted above somewhere, and let me know what you think will suit me.
    I would like short hair.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options