Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Amsterdam Booze Cruise?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'm 21 in October, and my Dad reckon he saw some amazing deal in the local newspaper where you can get a ferry to Amsterdam, have a day in Amsterdam and then ferry back. Setting off and retunring to Hull, he reckons.

When I look at the paper, I can't find it....

But anyway - I really fancy this kind of idea for my 21st but I'm not finding the internet all too helpful. Has anyone got any ideas, or has done it before?

Cheers!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    http://www.dfds.co.uk/DSW/EN/

done one from newcastle to amsterdam. was £40 when i went, leave newcastle late afternoon, cruise over night (get pissed), sleep, wake up and go to amsterdam about 8 in morning then you have to be back at the boat for about 5pm, cruise over night again.

was worth it, didnt really get enough time in the dam tho. time for a few jars, a smoke, check out some hookers, jack off etc..
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    http://www.dfds.co.uk/DSW/EN/

done one from newcastle to amsterdam. was £40 when i went, leave newcastle late afternoon, cruise over night (get pissed), sleep, wake up and go to amsterdam about 8 in morning then you have to be back at the boat for about 5pm, cruise over night again.

was worth it, didnt really get enough time in the dam tho. time for a few jars, a smoke, check out some hookers, jack off etc..

Koe, I think I love you. Thanks for the link xxx

ETA - what were the prices on the boat like, for booze and food and that? Can you remember?
  • Options
  • Options
    we had the all you can eat buffet on board, was very very good! loads of different stuff. love the posh stuff.

beers weren't too bad, bout £2 a pint i think it was. you can pay in euros and pounds. for some reason i remember it being the same price in euros as in pounds. like if something was £2 it was €2. i might just have been pissed tho.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:

beers weren't too bad, bout £2 a pint i think it was. you can pay in euros and pounds. for some reason i remember it being the same price in euros as in pounds. like if something was £2 it was €2. i might just have been pissed tho.
    Nah I think you're right
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    Nah I think you're right

Is 2 (where the fuck is the euro sign?!) euros cheaper than £2?!!
  • Options
    i think a euro is about 70p?
  • Options
    Yeah, two euros is about £1.30 or something like that... definitely cheaper anyway!

I've done a long weekend from here to the 'Dam, lots of fun and loads of monged fruitcakes on the ferry which is right up my street (and yours too, probably) :thumb:
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Yeah, two euros is about £1.30 or something like that... definitely cheaper anyway!

I've done a long weekend from here to the 'Dam, lots of fun and loads of monged fruitcakes on the ferry which is right up my street (and yours too, probably) :thumb:

It's right up my street, in through my front door and chillin' on my sofa!

Can't wait. :D:D:D
  • Options
    i so want to go to the dam again. havent been this year yet, might go before xmas tho. its a real good laugh. its not fair.

best cafe's for me have always been Stones, or Ricks. i suggest you check them out.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    i so want to go to the dam again. havent been this year yet, might go before xmas tho. its a real good laugh. its not fair.

best cafe's for me have always been Stones, or Ricks. i suggest you check them out.

I'm going on the last weekend in October... so if anyone fancies it I'll see you there!
  • Options
    Are all those cruises from Newcastle cuz it seems so?

Does anyone know of any companies that do things like that but leave from somewhere not so far from birmingham?
  • Options
    *bump*

I'm going on SATURDAY! I only bumped this for the sheer excitement. :D
  • Options
    Have fun.