Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

She lied to me.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Whowhere wrote: »

You're going to break up with your fiance and ask her if she wants to be friends.......
    I honestly can't believe you're willing to throw away 6 years of your life together because of this, with someone you say you love. If I were her, and the love of my life proposed that we break up because he thinks I'm a ruined slag (and lets be honest, the things you are writing don't give me any faith that you think otherwise) I'd tell him to fuck right off.

Spot on.
  • Options
    I have talked to her and we have both argeed to start at the beginning and move on slowly.

Just for the reckord, it was 6 months we where together, not years.
    So this other guy was fairley recent.

I know my issues have made things worse for us both but she lied to me long before I had any issues. When she found out my views it made it worse.

I still gave her plenty of chances to come clean but it took her until we moved in together to tell me.

I am realy so hurt right now. I havent eaten or sleept for days now.
  • Options
    kingzilla wrote: »
    I have talked to her and we have both argeed to start at the beginning and move on slowly.

Just for the reckord, it was 6 months we where together, not years.
    So this other guy was fairley recent.

I know my issues have made things worse for us both but she lied to me long before I had any issues. When she found out my views it made it worse.

I still gave her plenty of chances to come clean but it took her until we moved in together to tell me.

I am realy so hurt right now. I havent eaten or sleept for days now.

If you want to make this work then you're going to have to let this go and actually move forward. It won't work if you start your "new" relationship from a position of you feeling superior because you belive that she has wronged you and has some penance to pay.

You may think that you gave her plenty of chances, but if there was some issue that she had kept from you, then all those "chances" would have done is pile unrequired guilt onto her and make the issue seem bigger than it is.

Move on.
  • Options
    Jesus, so what everyone lies, it is a fact no person can say "I have never lied" that is a lie in itself. I seriously think you need to grow up "omg I'm so hurt she slept with two more people than she told me about" if it was BEFORE your time then it has fuck all to do with you, you really sound like a control freak and I can see where this relationship is going to head.

God forbid if she forgets to put the rubbish bins out.. that is so much worse. for some one of a "mature" age I really think you need to grow up.. A LOT.
  • Options
    I can understand why you might be a bit upset about the lying (although I can 100% understand why she did) but you have ABSOLUTELY no right to make her feel guilty about choices she made BEFORE she was with you. You don't have to like those choices, but if you can't make your peace with them, this relationship has no future, imo.

When you love a person, you accept every bit of them, not just the parts that fit your ideal.

Don't even get me started on calling someone you supposedly love a slag because at thirty years old she dared to have a sex life before you. For the record, 7 people by 30 is hardly sleeping around!

You chose to save yourself, and that's fine, but she chose not to, and that's fine too. Other than maybe the lies, she has NOTHING to apologise for.
  • Options
    If I were her, I'd be running for the hills right now. Your feeling of moral superiority, and your attitude that she is somehow tainted, is pretty nauseating.
  • Options
    Cat Woman wrote: »
    Little white lies IMHO - certainly not worth ending a great relationship over.

Most people of that age would have a past - but thats the key..... its in the PAST! - not the here and now.

She must love you to tell you, knowing how you could have reacted - shes been honest now - you should give her credit for that.

Go and tell her your sorry for over reacting - draw a line in the sand, put it behind you and kiss and make up. :yes:

have to agree with yu! things happen o well, is it REALLY REALLY worth ending a relationship over that? i mean its the past.

and it's obvious that yu love her to death so why not TALK but REAALLY talk to her and see how things go.

but just remember that she has her own right to her privacy and that its really non of your buisness( idont mean to be brash)

and whats with this you hurting yourself craziness! come on! you're a 28 yr old dude. a grown ass men. serously?

but like i said. talk to her. bc eventually she will stop looking for you and it might end up hurting you more...you might just think that she doesnt care anymore!

good luck
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »
    Jesus, so what everyone lies, it is a fact no person can say "I have never lied" that is a lie in itself. I seriously think you need to grow up "omg I'm so hurt she slept with two more people than she told me about" if it was BEFORE your time then it has fuck all to do with you, you really sound like a control freak and I can see where this relationship is going to head.

God forbid if she forgets to put the rubbish bins out.. that is so much worse. for some one of a "mature" age I really think you need to grow up.. A LOT.

yep!!!!!!!!!!:thumb:
  • Options
    Lolwut? What's the big deal over how many she slept with over however long, as said, its not worth getting upset over and I think you've jumped into something so big too soon, moving in with her after only being together a few months? Most people don't move in together after being together for over a year. I think you're a tad paranoid and need to chill out.
  • Options
    jamelia wrote: »
    If I were her, I'd be running for the hills right now. Your feeling of moral superiority, and your attitude that she is somehow tainted, is pretty nauseating.

have to agree
  • Options
    Dude,

Strap on a pair, for crying out loud.

People tell lies. It isn't that much of a deal. You're making something out of nothing.

If my girl asked me how many i'd slept with, i'd say the number was lower than it was. She told you the truth, so obviously she trusts you. And you over-reacted, majorly. I think it's probably a sulk for an hour response, then be all happy again, not pack the bags, move out and tell her it's over.
  • Options
    I totally agree with what people have been saying. this all happened before she was with you. If she hasnt cheated on you, which it doesnt sound like she has, then whats the big deal!?
  • Options
    jamelia wrote: »
    :yes:.
  • Options
    I kind of understand where your coming from but at the end of the day what she did before she met you is none of your business and you have no right to make her feel bad about it.
    So she slept with 7 guys instead of 5 or whatever,its not like shes telling you what she did,where she did it and who she did it with like my ex did.Now THAT fucks you up.

Like someone said,strap on a pair,get off your high horse and and stop judging her.

I personally dont think anyone who wants to get into a relationship with someone should ever discuss their past sexual history.Yes,you`ve been with other people but I dont want or ever need to know.