Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

oh thats just fucking brilliant

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
yeah, guess what, my life sucks
FUCKING HATE IT
found out today that S has a new BF, i only have myself to blame for this, didn't take a chance quick enough, and well, fuck it

this sucks, nothing is going right with my life, fucking up college, my love life is basically a pile of shit that everyone seems to walk past and not care, my "closest" friend knew S had a bf and didn't think to tell me when he found out knowing that i might take a chance and ruin my life even more, this just sucks

i've started to SH again, even getting suicdal thoughts just because my life is so fucking shit, argueing with my mum pretty much daily, failing college, can't even pluck up the courage to ask a girl out and miss my chance

the worst thing is that i've never felt so low, even when i was on anti depressants and before that i've never felt like this, not even when i found out that i was cheated on with my ex, and i felt fucking low then, i actually feel that if i topped my self then it would save everyone a shit load of hassle, yeah my parents would be upset for a bit but they would probally get over it, i just hate my life so fucking much right now

Comments

• Options
    Mate, seriously, stop putting all your eggs in one basket! Like i said in your other post, you were never even with this girl anyway so why are you so bothered? Sure you liked her a lot but trust me there will be other girls, plenty of them.
    Being obsessed over one person is never healthy anyway, been there and done that myself as have plenty of others and not once will it have ever made anyone happy.

As for college, i doubt things are that bad, and even if they are you still have plenty of time to turn things around, maybe concentrate on getting that back on track for a while which should also keep your mind off this girl and kill two birds with one stone.

Things will get better pal, college years are only the beginning!
  • Options
    yeah i know but the fact is today i was actually gonna do it, which just makes things worse, just fucking everything up right now
  • Options
    curly, I don't want to sound patronizing, but when I was your age every day I longed for that girl that was the victim of my romantic interest was a painful agony. Everytime a girl I like got with someone else was the end of the world for me. I'm not exaggerating her, I was just a big blubbering emotional mess.

but guess what, it wasn't the end of the world and it got only better from then on. As soon as you realize that it's a great feeling for having the nuts to do something about one's desire even if you are rejected you will have it easier asking out girls and won't bother too much about a rebuff. But it takes time, at least it took for me a lot of time, to learn that. But having feelings for someone is not something to be ashamed of, nor is it a "weakness". It's a compliment to that person and if said person appreciates it too, then... well, enough of the talk.

chin up, it's only a gal ;)
  • Options
    WOAH. Sit down, have a cuppa, and a bubble bath. Relax...
    I understand you are upset, but your what 17/18. You have your whole life ahead of you. People go through loads of partners before they find someone right, and you may think you found her, but someone "right" would be ready for you to.
    Maybe in a few years. But not now.
    As for the self harm, if you stopped once, you can do it again. But if you are going to self harm, make it safe. Clean what ever it is you use, and if you cut- make sure it's down not across. Also, care for the injury.

AND- as for your mum. I think you to need to talk, and see things from each others point of view. I don't get on with my mum, but we don't make a big thing out of it. We have learnt to avoid each other when needed, and we are on talking terms. Just sit down with her, and talk about how to get on better.
    Good luck.
    Xx
  • Options
    You say you didnt take your chances soon enough, and thats why she has a new bf, and then say that your mate 'knew' she had one?

What are you worked up about more, the end result or the fact that you chickened out of asking her?

I think you are getting way to over involved with someone you are not even going out with.
  • Options
    the thing is, she's had a bf for a few days, and yet my mate knew that and didn't tell even though he knew i was planning to ask her out

as to what i'm worked up about more is the end result more, its tearing my apart, the fact that she's unavaible is just making me want her more, it fucking sucks
  • Options
    Heard of that phrase "dont shoot the messenger" ?

There is a chance you mate didnt want to be the one to let you know, as he might have known that you would end up like this, and be directed at him in some way.
  • Options
    curly_boy wrote: »
    the thing is, she's had a bf for a few days, and yet my mate knew that and didn't tell even though he knew i was planning to ask her out
    Maybe he didn't want to give you the bad news?
    X
  • Options
    and if you cut- make sure it's down not across.

I always thought that's what the advice you if you want to commit suicide.
  • Options
    it is strubbles
  • Options
    and if you cut- make sure it's down not across.

:shocking: :no:
  • Options
    Across, definately not down
  • Options
    Hey man i'm sorry that you feeling low. I do understand your dilema but what most of us here are saying is that you can get through it. There are many girls out there man and so you just need to find them. As for your preparation it sucks that you didn't manage to get it all done and no reward. But that happens don't balme your friend he might have been trying to avoid letting you know incase you reacted this way. DO NOT under any circumstances END your LIFE OR HARM yourself! your good and you can FIX things! tell your mother about your grief she'll understand and then you'll be more relaxed and happy sharing it with family. Work at your college and you'll improve try going out some place for a cool down The park? don't know where ever you feel like. Be Positive and keep well :).
  • Options
    Curly, if this makes you feel any better, I've been single since 1996. Yeah, fucking '96 :-)
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    I always thought that's what the advice you if you want to commit suicide.

Okay, yeah, sorry. I probaly cut differently to everyone else.... The hospital told me that because of where I cut I should cut down not across. BUT if you cut on a vein or something then cut across.

Or don't cut at all ;)
    Xxx
  • Options
    bhai wrote: »
    DO NOT under any circumstances END your LIFE OR HARM yourself!

The rest of what you said was good... But I just wanted to pick you up on that bit...
    I don't know if you've self harmed or not, but if you have then you'll know that's not very helpful...
    Sorry! I just had to tell you
    Xx
  • Options

Or don't cut at all ;)
    Xxx

^^ Contradiction?? ;)
  • Options
    Telling someone not to harm themselves is always good advice.

There are a hundred ways to let off steam after being crapped on or dissapointed, happily only a small percentage of those people choose to either hurt themselves or do themselves in.

Personally I would advise mr curly boy to write a song about it since hes rather musical :) many great songs were written about sadness and its always worth a try to write something to work things out in your head!
  • Options
    The rest of what you said was good... But I just wanted to pick you up on that bit...
    I don't know if you've self harmed or not, but if you have then you'll know that's not very helpful...
    Sorry! I just had to tell you
    Xx

It is helpful, Its always good to tell them not to, but just don't make them promise they won't or get annoyed when they do.

Curly_boy I think you need to take some time out. Find somehing relaxing to do. :)
  • Options
    skakitty wrote: »
    ^^ Contradiction?? ;)

Yea but I didn't shout and I had a little face. Lolz...
    I just don't think it's helpful is all- but I guess that's just my views.
    I'll shut up now :thumb:
    X
  • Options
    hey all, thought i would give ya all an update

i regretted cutting the day after i did it, but i was down and since i quit smoking it was pretty much the only form of realse that i had without hurting someone else, so yeah, don;t think i'll be doing that agian for a while

basically we're still friends, still see each other alot :), but theres still alot of flirting between us going on, so idk, i'm now not a 100% sure if she has a BF, this could be wishful thingy on my part but i've never really seen her round college with the guy but yeah. I still have strong feelings for her but i'm also happy just to be friends, but if i get the chance i'm gonna take it

So yeah, i guess thats off my chest :)