Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

closed?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've noticed a couple of users have the word "closed" under their username on posts they've made...what's that all about? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    um..

i dont know..................... i wondering now this is going to bother me all day now.....:chin:
  • Options
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    I've noticed a couple of users have the word "closed" under their username on posts they've made...what's that all about? :confused:

Have you got a post as an example? :)
  • Options
    Yep - click here
  • Options
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    Kermit has had his account closed, but not deleted. I assume the difference is that he keeps all his posts and if he ever wants to come back he has the option...
  • Options
    Ah I see - the other person I noticed had it was g_angel...I hope they do come back eventually :(
  • Options
    Kermit and g_angel have left????? Awwwwwwwwwww! That was sudden! :crying:
  • Options
    That's random, why did they leave?
  • Options
    Jeeez why is everyone leaving!
  • Options
    Because your still here GoodFella :(
  • Options
    Noooooo!!!
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    Kermit and g_angel have left????? Awwwwwwwwwww! That was sudden! :crying:
    Sudden and strange - methinks there is more to it than meets the eye.
  • Options

Like they got married and ran off together??? :p
  • Options

Kermit leaves and comes back periodically. He gets himself a little worked up (as posting in P&D does to all of us from time-to-time :D) and then has a time out.
  • Options
    more to it than meets the eye.

You think the Transformers were involved?!? :shocking:
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »
    Because your still here GoodFella :(

I'll never leave this place. NEVER.
  • Options
    When someone asked for their account to be closed down we only have the same option as banning them on the admin side of things - that they can no longer post, etc.

Obviously it would very unfair for the word 'banned' to appear under their name so the status is changed to reflect the fact that they asked for their account to be closed.

People leave for lots of reasons and there always welcome back, but in many cases people just feel that they may have outgrown TheSite, which is at it's heart aimed at under 25 year olds.
  • Options
    Strange that he just went though, his last post gave no indication of it.....:S
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Well, people change etc. Maybe he thought that this was 'his time' as it were?
  • Options
    So it's for people, who, in their hearts, will always be 25 and under? yeaaa!
  • Options
    Yeah, pretty much :)
  • Options
    Kermit is a transformer?
  • Options
    I dont like people leaving :(
  • Options
    I liked her aswell...Even though we had our arguments. Its probably my fault she left. And to be honest i'm thinking of going because of it.
  • Options
    I liked her aswell...Even though we had our arguments. Its probably my fault she left. And to be honest i'm thinking of going because of it.

Don't leave because of that.
    She did give some really helpful advice and she was really nice, but if somebody disagreed with her she wasn't happy.
    It wouldn't have been your fault she left. So don't think like that.
    x Andy
  • Options

Dont leave!

I got all depressed when i found out 3 people left without any indication :(

Dont worry, i had a few things that i had to pick a bone with her jsut because of my views, but she was a nice girl at heart. Brought alot of bubblyness to the place i must say.
  • Options
    It's not that i want to leave, i mean i love this place. but i feel like i have to. I mean i probably played a big part in her leaving, even if she does come back at some point.

I just feel guilty at the minute. :(
  • Options
    in all honestly i dont think you have, i think there was other posters who played a much bigger part in her leaving.

The posts that you posted werent at all threatening, or bullying, you jsut gave your advice and your opinions.

dont get down about it :(
  • Options
    I never so much left, but was out of the loop for a while when I had no internet when I was living with my ex a long while back. Also when was in training for work, wasnt on much then, though did have the occasional lurk when I could.
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    I never so much left, but was out of the loop for a while when I had no internet when I was living with my ex a long while back. Also when was in training for work, wasnt on much then, though did have the occasional lurk when I could.

Same! i must have been out of the loop for about a year i would have thought....and i kinda "left" abit just because i felt like i need to mature, and i think i've been back about 9 months?
  • Options
    Same! i must have been out of the loop for about a year i would have thought....and i kinda "left" abit just because i felt like i need to mature, and i think i've been back about 9 months?

You sometimes dont realise people have come and gone tell well after sometimes, especially if they slow down posting over a period. Some users often dont post much at all, but will post in spurts kinda thing, and I still remember them.

I remember you :) from like ages ago :P