Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Dealing with a girlfriends sexual past

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yeah i hate hippos too
  • Options
    what, the hippo?
  • Options
    what, the hippo?

:lol:
  • Options
    Hey guys,

Regardless of how this situation has been described,and reacted to, there are two sides to the story here.

xray1983, you're completely entitled to the feelings about your girlfriend's past, the more you love someone the harder it can be to imagine them with anyone else especially if their sexual past is very different to your own. It might be worth thinking about the language you've used in your posts and the way that affects hiow people perceive your situation. It does seem that the question is whether you can get past it and move forward, as people have suggested?

To those of you who've quite strongly jumped on the 'male insecurities' angle. Of course you're all entitled to your opinions and strong ones at that. It's just important to remember that ultimatley the OP is looking for advice and support. Even if you don't sympathise, and especially when you don't, it's worth thinking about how you word your advice.

Perhaps you need to really talk this through with your girlfriend? Be honest about how it's making you feel and try to understand better what mindset she was in when she was traveling. For example, you say you're not one for one night stands but that you've had a couple nonetheless. It could be a similar thing, your past makes you more certain about how you want to live your future.

I hope it works out for you both :)
  • Options
    Tr4shed wrote: »
    bla bla

I think you can make little judgement about slutty people, dude.
    what, the hippo?

:lol::lol:
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »
    Why the assumption that the people who have replied are female?

Well even in my drunken state i can see that most people replying to this thread are birds.

Regarding your gf being a slut - maybe she was, doesn't mean she is now. Although the fact your bint feels the need to share her history with you scream vol that she may not be proud of it inwardly. :confused:

Anyway watch a film called Chasing Amy. That'll give you a new insight to these problems....
  • Options
    Tr4shed wrote: »
    She enjoyed it i didn't. Mine was a huge mistake...

Until the next time :yeees:

And weren't a few of your mistakes with the same girl? You were clearly slow to learn from these mistakes that you 'didn't enjoy'.
  • Options
    Let's stay on topic :yeees:
  • Options
    Meryn wrote: »
    Until the next time :yeees:

And weren't a few of your mistakes with the same girl? You were clearly slow to learn from these mistakes that you 'didn't enjoy'.

Funny - I posted pretty much the same message with "you're full of shit" appended, and it was deleted. :yeees:
  • Options
    if you REALLY love the girl her past should not bother you
  • Options
    dohc wrote: »
    if you REALLY love the girl her past should not bother you

Yeah riiiiight :yeees: ....keep smoking that hippie pipe dude.
  • Options
    Harmless wrote: »
    Yeah riiiiight :yeees: ....keep smoking that hippie pipe dude.

such a good comment. :thumb:
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    To be honest you already answered your own question. You have concerns and can't understand how she could be so promiscuous don't settle you will regret it. From what you've told us about her she will have someone new by nightfall. You don't have to hurt her or shame her just tell her you're not ready. Most men who were raised in a good family. With sisters and a mother who stayed involved in her children's lives, she taught her sons to stay away from those kinds of girls. Don't listen to any of these comments telling you to grow up stating you are insecure or you are not mature. BS if it bothers you now there are 3.8 billion women out there, don't settle. I promise, there are women out there who will be better choices to raise your children.
    Welcome to the community @Jetmech_229!

This thread is over a decade old, so I've deleted your response and closed the thread. The general rule here on the discussion boards is that if a discussion has been inactive for over a few months, it's considered dead and best left in its grave. Make sure you check the date before responding. :)

Feel free to create discussions of your own, or comment on similar topics that are more recently active.
    The truth resists simplicity.
This discussion has been closed.