Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

he doesnt seem happy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi im a bit worried about my friend to be honest. He has rushed into his new relationship - got engaged quick moved in after quick too. Hes been living with her now for three months but whenever i talk to him its oh im ok and thats all you get out of him. I spoke to him last week and he was short with me im ok had a hell week will email u tomorrow which he never did and day after i tried talking to him on chat he went offline.

I left it a few days and spoke to him yesterday i asked him you alright after last week im and i asked him how he was oh im ok. I asked how his snooker n pool was going to make conversation not very well he said and he was going on oh its a constant battle. I dont know if he was just saying that in general or what but hes normally very good at his snooker and to me doesnt sound very happy at all

Comments

• Options
    invite him out for a drink or the eve so you give him the opportunity to really talk it out?
  • Options
    do u think he sounds happy?
  • Options
    heyy,
    I think you should sit him down and have a proper chat with him. Don't get him drunk or whatever- that really wont help. Just sit him down and tell him you are concerned, and if he doesn't listen then it is his choice. You can't force him to. Just let him know you are there if and when he needs you... I think he does seem abit rushed into this relationship, but he probaly is happy. Maybe just still abit shocked by the fact he is engaged? Is he an optomistic person? Because if he isn't then he's probaly just abit sceptical and thinking that something will go wrong sooner or later.
    C-A xxx
  • Options
    he is a grown man but he said he had a hell week last week and didnt tell me why and when i aksed him how he was it was oh im ok. Its little things like he is very good at his snooker n pool why is he all of a sudden not doing very good and what the hell does he mean by its a constant battle? I dont get alot of time to talk to him these days tbh
  • Options
    okay, well, I think just invite him over and do something he enjoys... Dunno, like take him out- just so he enjoys himself. If he's going thru a hard time he will need friends to support him. Don't push him into telling you anything, I'm sure he will if/when he is ready to. Again, it is his choice. Just be there for him, it'll mean alot to him even if he doesn't say so.
    C-A xx
  • Options
    not to say this is a nasty way but it sounds to me like he doesnt want to talk to you, it sounds like hes giving you the brush off with one word answers and going offline etc, maybe he feels like you're bugging him by keep asking him if hes okay all the time.

also another username doesnt mean we dont know this problem already.
  • Options
    thats how its always been he askes me how h e is and vice versa and alot of the time he talks ot me so its nto like he doesnt want to tlk
  • Options
    If you act with him in any kind of obsessive way as you may have done in the past under another username, then no wonder he gives you the brush off.
  • Options
    :rolleyes: Slightly differently worded but worringly the same.
  • Options
    how can he be giving me the brushoff when its normally him who starts tlking to me?
  • Options
    smackeroon wrote: »
    how can he be giving me the brushoff when its normally him who starts tlking to me?

Get. Over. It. :banghead:
  • Options
    So do you think this new relationship he is in has changed him?
    Maybe he is not playing th pool/snooker that much anymore and is spending more time on his relationship, so yeah he'll be a bit rusty.

If he is starting to talk to you first then maybe he doesn't want to talk about what is going on in his day life and maybe all the questions about how everything is going gets a bit annoying? It would annoy me after a while. Perhaps you should try talking about something else other than his life.

'A hell week' could mean anything. He could of had a few crap games of snooker, or work had been hard. But either way he doesn't seem like he wants to tell you - which is fine as everyone is entitled to the privicy.

It seems to me that you are looking for flaws in his relationship, and TBH even IF there were some, I don't think you would get to find out from him.
  • Options
    i dont really quesiton him on everyday life were like that from the beginning always ask how we are its not like its something u dont ask hi there how are u?

all he seems to talk about is work really i dont think he has much else to say i dont constantly ask him questions i just ask hows he doing.... he had been having issues wiht his last gf for a whole year and tbh i didnt even know about it as hes a very closed in person
  • Options
    as hes a very closed in person

Well there's your answer.
  • Options
    g_angel wrote: »
    Well there's your answer.

Agreed.

I'm ok is all your going to get out of him then - it's how he is. So there's no problem and you shouldn't be worries about him. :)
  • Options
    maybe ask how his fiance is? or kinda ask if he wants to go out with you and some other close friends? or just simply comfront him. maybe he will open up when he is a little tipsy or when he realy needs it. realy there is nothing to worie about:p
  • Options
    well when he was going through 'probs' with his last girl all i got was im ok if hes happy hell say im great or im good... so i know him pretty well but past few convos he just dont seem happy
  • Options
    well when he was going through 'probs' with his last girl all i got was im ok if hes happy hell say im great or im good... so i know him pretty well but past few convos he just dont seem happy

d maybe in time he will open up about it, but for now you gotta let him sort it out.
  • Options
    it is very frustrating to say the least! to me if id moved in with the love of my life id be a bit more enthusiastic and actually say i was happy once in a while or act like i was lol...he just comes out with funny things and makes u think whats up
  • Options
    On a serious note i really do believe that you need to go and see a doctor and get referred for counselling as i think that you've got some real issues going on that need sorting out. At the moment you're being very unhealthy in your obsession with this whole thing and from other topics you've posted about your confidence/attitude towards relationships etc. i think it would do you good to seek help.

On a not very serious note i'm still just wondering if you're some random troll just taking the mickey. We'll see eh :)
  • Options
    so i know him pretty well

You may think you know him pretty well, however ask yourself this; if you really knew him that well wouldn't you already know the answers to the very questions you keep asking?

Or better still wouldn't you be able to ask him directly or talk to him yourself?

I sense you are clutching at straws, looking for things that aren't there and simply striving for some glimmer of hope that he wants to end his current relationship.

If he told you he was happy would you be content with the answer? Somehow I doubt it.
  • Options
    You may think you know him pretty well, however ask yourself this; if you really knew him that well wouldn't you already know the answers to the very questions you keep asking?

Or better still wouldn't you be able to ask him directly or talk to him yourself?

I sense you are clutching at straws, looking for things that aren't there and simply striving for some glimmer of hope that he wants to end his current relationship.

If he told you he was happy would you be content with the answer? Somehow I doubt it.

:yes: To me, this is the best answer to all of this. Spot on.
  • Options
    it is very frustrating to say the least! to me if id moved in with the love of my life id be a bit more enthusiastic and actually say i was happy once in a while or act like i was lol...he just comes out with funny things and makes u think whats up

Men :rolleyes:

I'm sure if he is having problems then it's being sorted between the two of them.

I think you are reading way too much into the situation, and you're finding problems that aren't there.
  • Options
    Carolina wrote: »
    On a serious note i really do believe that you need to go and see a doctor and get referred for counselling as i think that you've got some real issues going on that need sorting out. At the moment you're being very unhealthy in your obsession with this whole thing and from other topics you've posted about your confidence/attitude towards relationships etc. i think it would do you good to seek help.

I also second this, as I think it would be more beneficial if you concentrated on yourself and sought the help that you clearly need. You mentioned previously that you'd received some counselling and it didn't help. However I'd suggest that a different counsellor or better still a more qualified therapist would still be worthwhile. As any counsellor or therapist worth their salt would have addressed many of the issues that you have with yourself.
  • Options
    well i know him well enough to know that when hes happy he'll boast about it till the cows come home he barely mentions her and never says hes happy so maek of that as u will. And he barely mentioned the probs he was having with his last gf which was going on for a year! Well i showed mom the conversation i had with him and asked her the same thing she didnt think he was extatic!
  • Options

well actually i would when i did try and ask how he was enjoying his new house i asked him so tell me bout your house liking the space yeah house is great lots of space its just weird and the whole its a constant bttle whats that all about
  • Options
    well i know him well enough to know that when hes happy he'll boast about it till the cows come home he barely mentions her and never says hes happy so maek of that as u will. And he barely mentioned the probs he was having with his last gf which was going on for a year! Well i showed mom the conversation i had with him and asked her the same thing she didnt think he was extatic!

But if you know this then why would you need to ask if he's happy? Wouldn't you already have the answer? Why ask the question?

What exactly is it that you're hoping he will say?
  • Options
    But if you know this then why would you need to ask if he's happy? Wouldn't you already have the answer? Why ask the question?

What exactly is it that you're hoping he will say?

Are you just ignoring totally the advice people are giving you? And mindlessly continuing on about the situation that we allready know about in great detail.
  • Options
    I don't think you're deliberately ignoring people's advice, i think you have got to a stage where you have become obsessed with this guy and you can't help but try to talk about him, keep the conversation going and try and figure out the hidden meaning behiind everything he says. In the nicest way possible, i think you should try and seek help.
  • Options
    Hey guys,

It seems that the OP is a user who had to ask for their account to be removed so although you may have heard about this issue before it's now in fact the only thread where it's being discussed and there's a lot of sound advice here.

If you're finding yourself frustrated by this repeated topic or responses then it's best just not to post in the thread or speak to a moderator directly.