Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

under 16 and i wanna be a mum

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    And then you can have my 9 year old brother and you can see what little sh*ts they are at that age lol

agreed! my little brother is nearly 9, i cant stand him! I would be happy for someone to take him for a day :D
  • Options
    all kids are 'orrible
  • Options
    We will have had our newborn for 7 days tomorrow morning. I can say without being patronising that I doubt many 15 year olds would have the capacity to cope. It's hard enough for us and we have the stability and life experience to help us.

And yeah, I'm sure some teen mums manage well, but I think you'd be completely crazy to want to put yourself in that position.
  • Options
    Tr4shed wrote: »
    Put him into care for the next 9 years :)

sounds great :)
  • Options
    Mist wrote: »
    We will have had our newborn for 7 days tomorrow morning.
    Congratulations xx.
  • Options
    Mist wrote: »
    We will have had our newborn for 7 days tomorrow morning.

Awww, congrats :)
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »
    I was too busy being a fan of boybands when I was 15 hehe.
    So did I :) However a lot of girls want to be moms in early ages - just to have an alive doll, that is my point of view
  • Options
    Yeah I know a few. It is exactly how you say it, till the alive doll cries and wont stop.
  • Options
    Ok, I'm NOT CONDONING deliberate teen pregnancies, but my friend's parents had her when they were seventeen, now they're married and they're the only parents in our group of friends still together, and both the kids don't seem too mentally scarred :)
    That may be the exception to prove the rule, or proof that teen babies can work out, I don't know.
  • Options
    grace wrote: »
    That may be the exception to prove the rule, or proof that teen babies can work out, I don't know.

Of course they can work out, but I wouldn't say that always happened by any means.
    Two of my close friends have young babies. One was 18 when she had her son, whos now 9 months, and the other was 19 when she had her son-and he's now 7 months.

Neither of them chose to get pregnant. Obviously they love their sons, but it IS difficult, and I'd say both of them would advise people to wait. When having a heart to heart with one, she's often said ;

"I got pregnant a week after my eighteenth birthday - I got to act like a normal eighteen year old for a month maybe? Til I took that test, and then, everything changed."

She missed out on all the partying and just general being a little bit naughty that everyone else does at 18, and I know she wishes she could turn back the clock!

I look after both the boys now and then, and even though I'm a bit older, I couldn't see myself doing what they do! It's hard work.

Wait a bit :) Kids having kids is not a good idea tbh!
  • Options
    grace wrote: »
    Ok, I'm NOT CONDONING deliberate teen pregnancies, but my friends parents had her when they were seventeen, now they're married and they're th only parents in our group of friends still together, and both the kids don't seem too mentally scarred :-)

That can happen whatever age the parents are.
  • Options
    3dfan wrote: »
    So did I :) However a lot of girls want to be moms in early ages - just to have an alive doll, that is my point of view

:yes: