Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

under 16 and i wanna be a mum

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im almost 15 and i really want sex but part of me only wants it coz i wanna be a mum has anybody else felt like this?

Comments

• Options
    Is there not a teenage pregnancy programme on tonight? Maybe you should watch that?
  • Options
    most women feel broody - i do all the time, but there is a huge difference between feeling broody and feeling ready - financially, mentally, physically, emotionally, etc.

its a natural instinct to get all squishy about babies, and to think about what it would be like to be a mum, but you can't just go round having sex to get pregnant, and it seriously helps to be all of the above, and to be doing it for the right reasons - not so you have someone else to love, or just so you have a baby, its important that you decide to have a baby because you're in a commited relationship and you both want to bring another life into the world - its an expression of love to want to create another being that is part of yourself and the person you love...

i don't want to sound patronising (which i'm sure i already do) but would will seriously respect yourself in the future, if you keep your virginity until you are in love with someone, and not just because you want a baby.
  • Options
    Having a baby is FAR from what you would imagine it to be. Borrow someones for several hours on an evening when its very young. You will soon change your mind, or even better stay at the house of someone with a newborn over night
  • Options
    Are you sure you dont want to find yourself a nice man to go out with, and then decide down the line you want a baby.

I imagine that its tough enough with the baby having a loving father around, going and having sex to just get pregnant isnt really going to lead to that scenario.
  • Options
  • Options
    Ive felt like this many times, when i was 15, i wanted a baby soo much, i was feeling so down and thought a baby would complete me, be something to love, and maybe i would be accepted. But then, i found out i was pregnant, and all that changed. I felt scared, i felt like my life would be over and i realised i was stupid for thinking that, and i knew i wasnt ready. Sadly, i had a miscarriage, and that is possibly one of the hardest things you could ever imagine. You would never want to go through that, believe me. You should think about how much your life would change if you had a baby. I would definatley watch that programme on BBC 3.
  • Options
    Heyya,
    okay listen... I'm 12 and have already had to go for a pregnancy test. And, yeah okay I kinda want a baby- but when you are doing that test it's so scary. Thankfully mine came back negative, but if it hadn't I don't know what I'd of done. I didn't realise how scared I was about it till the test came back.. I was very happy. And honestly, now facing an STI. It's not worth it.... wait for at least another year, live your life first hunni x
    C-A x
  • Options
    Don't be an idiot, enjoy your childhood whilst you can. If you have a child now it's with you for life, the likelihood is the father will ditch you and then you will be a single parent which isn't very attractive to the opposite sex and a lot of hard work for you.

Babies may look cute and smiley when you see them but they're not. They need attention ALL THE TIME. Feeding, changing, entertaining, comforting etc. They need and depend on you. You can't just think I'm just going to nip into town to do some shopping or go out with my mates for the night, you have to think of the child, your life will not be what it was. It's not easy having a baby, it can be stressful, you'll be up in the night having to feed and become very tired. Also what about your education? You may not be able to have the job you dream of or finish of your education to the extent that you may want to. Therefore you may not be earning the same money that you could have done if you had stayed in education and not had a child. Would you rather not wait and have a decent job to give a child all it needs? Having a child isn't that simple, so please think about it seriously.

I recommend you watch "Underage and Pregnant", especially the one involving Jasmine - she struggled. It's can be found on BBC iplayer.
  • Options
    So many young girls think that having the baby is the answer to everything these days, and thats what really annoys me.
    wait for at least another year, live your life first hunni x
    another year? shes not even 15, another year isnt enough time for her to live her life! She needs to wait until she is in a good relationship, in a good place financially and is ready.
  • Options
    im almost 15 and i really want sex but part of me only wants it coz i wanna be a mum has anybody else felt like this?

You're a normal young woman and your body is telling you to do what comes instinctively - to have babies.

But your body isn't always right.

It doesn't understand your current level of maturity, or your current psychological state, or whether you have the adequate social skills and financial means to have a baby.

So don't be tempted to have a baby for many years to come. You are dealing with a REAL life here. That 'cute 'lil baby' will be a troublesome older child in no time - and the start that you give it as a baby will likely affect it for the rest of its life. You could cause deep emotional scars on the child because you were not really ready to be a mother.

Remember, being a mother is a privilege ... not a right. Just because you CAN fall pregnant does not mean that it is the right thing to do.

Choosing to have a baby when you are not ready for one is a selfish act. Concentrate on getting a good education and a good job to ensure that this priceless gift is afforded every advantage that you can possibly give it.
  • Options
    I know how you feel :( Theres a possibility I'm pregnant atm :/ Just waiting to see if my period comes which atm its late... I must say though, its not ideal to have a kid when you can't even look after yourself, no offence but I'm nearly 17 and don't earn enough to pay my way at all and I'm going into further education so I wouldn't be able to look after a kid.
  • Options

If you really want kids at a young age then once you're legally old enough (and mature enough) I'd certainly recommend becoming an Aupair for a year and see what you think afterwards.

Once a young person see's how much hard work it is to look after a child 24/7 then they often choose to wait a bit.
  • Options
    Just seriously, think how different your life would be. Nobody deserves to go through what i did, it was so hard. Just think, if you have a baby, you cant be yourself anymore, you wont have time for friends, you wont have time for yourself, it will all be about that baby. It may seem alright now, but its not, its really not.
  • Options
    In your defence, some teen mums are great mums.... Everyone always looks at the negative side- but my mum was 19 and shes now a teacher and has done really well for herself. Having said that, yea it could all go wrong and you could end up with a baby you can't care for. But it all depends on who you are, and your outlook on life. Personally, as I've already said, if I were you I'd wait another year at least. But I am not you, nor is anybody else but yourself!
    C-A xxx
  • Options
    Sure some teen mums are great. Doesnt mean people should purposely get themselves into that position especially with just some random man.
    When you are a teenager you think you know everything when in fact you still have alot to learn about the world.
    Yes i sound like an old fart, and to alot of you i am but i remember very well when i was a teenager and i remember going through the aaw i want a baby but i would have never seriously gone through with it. It was hard enough being pregnant when i was 23 and 29 with a partner let alone younger and single.
  • Options
    . Personally, as I've already said, if I were you I'd wait another year at least.

A year, she wouldnt even be 16...... think about it.
  • Options
    A year, she wouldnt even be 16...... think about it.

I agree. At the age of 16 you wouldnt be able to give everything you wanted to your baby, you wouldnt have any freedom. It could get so bad that you end up resenting your baby for taking your freedom away from you.

It would be a terrible mistake in my eyes if you made the choice to have one.
  • Options
    While i have a lot of respect for very young mums who find themselves accidentally pregnant and rise to the challenge, I have very little respect for those who put themselves in that position on purpose.

Yes, some people are good mums at 15, but they'd probably be great mums at 25, and would almost certainly be more easily able to support a family financially and practically.

Live first. Not another year, but another five years, at least.
  • Options
    Tr4shed wrote: »
    My missus does alot, she wanted kids aslong as we have been together lol

Glad you two got back together.
  • Options
    My missus does alot, she wanted kids aslong as we have been together lol

???

You're back together???
  • Options
    can i just point out- when i said wait at least a year, i just ment that in a year she might of made up her mind if she really does want a kid. It's something you should think about over a period of time. So stop pointing out that "she wont even be 16" cos i knooowwww that! Also, if someone got pregant at 16 theyd be nearly 17 before they had it. and also, one of my friends had a kid at 16 and shes a great mum! Read SLAM by nick hornby. It's good and pretty like real life.
    C-A xx
  • Options
    It's something you should think about over a period of time.

I agree.

Like a 10 year period of time.
  • Options
    As someone already said, just because we are able to have children doesnt mean we are capable of looking after them. As with animals, many have babies and are unable to care for them properly, abandoning them, or not protecting them, or not showing them how to care for themselves.

Why ruin two lives (yours and the babies) when you can live a bit longer and give a new life a much better opportunity.
  • Options
    Considering the human biolagy says, that we are actually ment to have kids in our teens, why has society created, so we do not have kids when we are in our teens, and that it is such a bad thing.

Actually the peak of a woman's fertility is around 20-24.

We don't generally have kids in our teens in this society because we can't support them adequately. If you're a teenager earning enough to raise a child and you own or rent a suitable place to raise them in, then fair enough, have them if you really want. But do not just have them, without really thinking of the long term impact, and expect things to be worked out for you, and money to be provided. That shows a distinct lack of responsibility, something that a parent should probably have.

All that aside, why would you WANT to have kids in your mid teens? For me, the beauty of being that age, particularly as I neared the end of my teens, was that I could do whatever the hell I liked! I earnt a little bit of money, and I spent it all on me. I slept in for hours. I went out when I wanted. I made friends with whoever I wanted. I had boyfriends and I rolled home a bit too late after seeing them. Not the kind of life you can expect with a child under the age of 5. Not at all.
  • Options
    Thats all fair enough, but having a kid really appeals to me for some reason. After the scare/upset a while ago, tis best to wait intill your old and can support the kid. And thats the last time i listen to my biology teach pfft.

I think the comment your teacher made was when life expectancy was much much shorter in yesteryear days of long time ago etc.
  • Options
    I was too busy being a fan of boybands when I was 15 hehe.
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »

Why ruin two lives (yours and the babies) when you can live a bit longer and give a new life a much better opportunity.

:yes:
  • Options
    Yeah, i think its quite a shame, when i was younger, i just fancied footballers :love:
  • Options
    Look after my teething 6 month old, you will change your mind lol
  • Options
    Tweety wrote: »
    Look after my teething 6 month old, you will change your mind lol

And then you can have my 9 year old brother and you can see what little sh*ts they are at that age lol