Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Does anyone here ever buy anything from door to door Salesmen?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nope, just worked for Avon going door-to-door :D
  • Options
    Fruit Loop wrote: »
    Know what bugs me even more? When you are shopping and they come over asking for donations, so you give them a couple of quid and they're like paper donations would be much appreciated, and when you say you have donated all you can they're like 'enjoy the rest of your shopping, don't buy too many clothes' making you feel guilty. How rude and ungrateful!

Blimey! What toss-bags! I've never had anyone collecting for charity say that to me... :eek2:
    Next time it happens you should just say "oh sorry! Of course!" Rummage through your bag and empty all your old receipts into their collecting tin/bucket/whatever... :razz:

Never bought anything off a door-to-door salesmen... Although when I was a kid we had a man come round trying to sell us this super-duper vaccum-come-carpet washer thing and did a demo on our livingroom floor... cleaned the whole thing and then parents told him there was no way they could afford it. Was quite funny... Think he felt sorry for us actaully.
  • Options
    There was one woman who went around the old office job being an avon lady, in addition to her round near where she lived. Did quite well out of it.

Also a person I know that acts as avon person on a base, does quite well out of that!
  • Options
    Lu_C wrote: »
    Was quite funny... Think he felt sorry for us actaully.

And you got a clean carpet :thumb:
  • Options
    I actually work for Npower going door to door. When I knock on your door I'm doing my job and I actually save some people some money, if you here a door to door salesman out and see what he's offering you might save too.

I'm not knocking to feed you rat poison and obviously your not interest, its fucking boring, but hear them out.
  • Options
    I think some door to door salesmen overprice the product/s. I mean a few of them probably does take good advantage of it.
  • Options
    Nope no-one I know buys things from them.... But, I do feel sorry for them, because I guess many of them know that people don't like them calling! I still wont ever buy anything from them though haha x
    Crying-angel x