Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Do I tell him?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi yes it's me again, with a new dilemma and one I could do without!

So you know I split with my boyfriend for various reasons, primarily though because It turned out he's married.

So I'm thinking, just get up and move on. However I had an appointment this morning at the clinic to check on a coil (type of contraception) I had fitted a while ago. Turns out I have to go for a scan as the coil may have been dislodged and there's a chance I could be pregnant.

Do I tell my ex now to prepare him, wait until I know for sure or just never tell him?

Opinions please.....

Comments

• Options
    wait till you know for sure
  • Options
    Firstly it may not have been dislodged.
    Secondly, if it has been, you probly are not going to be pregnant.
    Thirdly, I dont mean to be rude, but while you didnt know the guy was married and sleeping with someone else, if you were having sex without condoms, might it be worth getting yourself checked out, no intent to make you panic, but if he has been doing it with you, who else has he been playing around with without protection.
  • Options
    I would wait. No point in saying things that might be, when they might not.
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    Firstly it may not have been dislodged.
    Secondly, if it has been, you probly are not going to be pregnant.
    Thirdly, I dont mean to be rude, but while you didnt know the guy was married and sleeping with someone else, if you were having sex without condoms, might it be worth getting yourself checked out, no intent to make you panic, but if he has been doing it with you, who else has he been playing around with without protection.

Already on it...
  • Options
    As a bloke I'd much prefer to be told that a woman was carrying my child rather than she might be. If you told him now it could cause his marriage problems (yeah I know he was already playing around but this sort of news could destroy it completely). Best leave sleeping dogs lie until you know for sure.
  • Options
    As a bloke I'd much prefer to be told that a woman was carrying my child rather than she might be. If you told him now it could cause his marriage problems (yeah I know he was already playing around but this sort of news could destroy it completely). Best leave sleeping dogs lie until you know for sure.

Fair enough, even though he hasn't been very fair to me. I do not want to be the reason his marriage messes up.
  • Options
    KymC wrote: »
    Fair enough, even though he hasn't been very fair to me. I do not want to be the reason his marriage messes up.

You seem very honourable despite his deceit which obviously was not your fault. Must have been a right kick in the teeth when you found out.

Anyway, even though I know very little about a woman's plumbing system, I've pretty sure you're not pregnant from what you say. Easy for some random 30-something bloke on the web to say of course but try not to worry. If it helps, not all of us are tossers :)
  • Options
    You seem very honourable despite his deceit which obviously was not your fault. Must have been a right kick in the teeth when you found out.

Anyway, even though I know very little about a woman's plumbing system, I've pretty sure you're not pregnant from what you say. Easy for some random 30-something bloke on the web to say of course but try not to worry. If it helps, not all of us are tossers :)

Ah, thank you for your kind words. I'm not going to worry right now, no point until I know for sure, I have learnt that worrying tends not to achieve much besides stress.

And I'm certain that not all men are, as you so eloquently put it, tossers! Lol! :-P I know that there are some good ones out there, somewhere, in the far off distance...hmmmmmm.....searching..... ;-)
  • Options
    I reakon you should wait, because what if he still has feelings for you and then you go along and tell him that you might be preggerz he might be like yay or something?
  • Options
    I would wait also x
  • Options
    however, an after thought, why not do a pregnancy test? that will tell you if ur pregnant and then u can also have the scan after.
  • Options
    Wait, if it turns out your not pregnant he might think you made the whole thing up to try and destroy his marriage. He might think you are trying to get him back! No point worrying him and talking about it might be difficult as it might stir up fresh feelings. Take a test, that way you will know asap.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Wait. No point opening a huge can of worms if it isn't necessary.