Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Would you find this offensive?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It depends on the person, I know men with high sex drives, i know men with low ones, i know girls with low ones, i know i have a very high sex drive.
    I wouldnt have took offence, id have put it down to him being male, and alot of males Are competative.
    He sounds like an arse though.
  • Options
    I do understand where you're coming from, I think given a couple of days hindsight, I think I'm more offended by what he said and did afterwards in relation to me disagreeing with him than by the original comment.

Oh yea, looking back on it, disagreeing with you was often times misunderstood as offense towards you.
  • Options
    I still find his generalisation offensive but I can also see other peoples points of view but his refusal to talk to me because I have different opinion to him is more offensive to me that his generalisation, if this makes sense?
  • Options
    I still find his generalisation offensive but I can also see other peoples points of view but his refusal to talk to me because I have different opinion to him is more offensive to me that his generalisation, if this makes sense?

I agree, i hate generalisations, and just because you disagreed with him and suggested that your needs may be equal or even higher than his own, he goes off sulking. Its a pride thing, i think, him thinking he;s the most sexual being on the planet and nobosy can supercede (is that the right word?) him.
  • Options
    What a pathetic alittle boy! Some men only think they have higher sex drives because they want to have more sex because they don't have any reponsibilities like women (pregnancy) and don't care if it's a one night stand.
    If that makes any sense.. lol
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    bluuelips wrote: »
    WSome men only think they have higher sex drives because they want to have more sex because they don't have any reponsibilities like women (pregnancy) and don't care if it's a one night stand.
    If that makes any sense.. lol

That's just as closeminded a opinion as the one we're discussing. Only men don't care if it's a one night stand because we have no responsibilites when it comes to sex?
    What about STD's? And whilst pregnancy may not be as much of a resonsbility for a man it still is something most of us don't take lightly, because if any of us were to father a child we would be expected to pay for it for the next 18 years.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I am not sure I find this offensive, but I definitely find it debatable. I just find it funny because with my relationship with my boyfriend, I can actually tire him out and there will be a night or two where he's just too exhausted from sex. Out of the two of us, I've definitely got the higher sex drive. :)
  • Options
    Have I missed something here? I mean if you changed women to, I dunno, something like white men have higher sex drives than Asian men, that'd be offensive so why is it not offensive if women are involved?

I realised a long time ago that being sexist is seen as being fine by society, and often encouraged and declared funny. I agree that more often than not it is wrong, adn can be offensive to those on the recieving end.

If I made a mistake at work and a woman said "typical man, always getting things wrong" people would laugh. But if I maid a mistake and she said "typical black people, always getting things wrong", she'd be fired. Surely you can't help being male as much as you can't help being black and neither of these things should be cited for my mistakes?

Not sure why society's view is like this, but it is...
  • Options
    The way I see it, he was trying to flirt and your response has basically told him that due to your medical problems you aren't able to have sex at the moment, so he has instantly lost interest!

Sounds like a right arse. You're better off not talking to him, you're worth more than that!
  • Options
    He knew anyway that sex wasn't really happening for me as he'd offered to come to hospital with me about said problem. I've not spoken to him since this incident, his loss I suppose.
This discussion has been closed.