Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The STIG is..... (spoiler)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
michael schumacher, considering his driving style was different from all the other F1 drivers, I am suprised, but woo I know :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    dya reckon it really is though? hmm
  • Options
    well it aint some smelly old guy from shitteh bolton :p
  • Options
    I really hope its not
  • Options
    I couldnt believe it! and i dont believe he did every single one, but i certainly believe that he did the majority!

I hope they get a new one in for the new series, it ruins it now that we know who he is for a whole series!
  • Options
    Well I wasn't expecting that! He seems a bit more relaxed and actually had a sense of humour. Other times I've seen him he's been really miserable. Plus he drives a Fiat 500..so like him a bit more ;)
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I'm not fully convinced.
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »
    well it aint some smelly old guy from shitteh bolton :p

i didnt say it was, did i :p

just not entirely convinced, like littlemissy :)
  • Options
    It's so not.

I can't believe so many people fell for that shit.
  • Options
    There is no 'the stig' afaik, it's just different people wearing the same suit.
  • Options
    Hmmm doubting it tbh.

The Stig's been a whole host of people i reckon, dont think its sver been just one person.
  • Options
    There's like at least 2 or 3 different drivers for the stig
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Yeah. I doubt its him. Clealry some stunt linked to the ferrari on the show.
  • Options
    nah i think it was a special stig
  • Options
    I saw the title and I thought that it was going to be about the book called Stig of the Dump!
  • Options
    I'm annoyed they didn't get him to do a proper lap.
  • Options
    I'm annoyed they didn't get him to do a proper lap.

I think they did. I think he took that ferrari around the track hence why it was 7 seconds clear of all the other times. Makes sense what with him being a ferrari advisor.
  • Options
    It isn't usually Schumacher.

The Ferrari was worth over a million quid and Ferrari are protective of their cars at the best of times. Schumacher is Ferrari's special adviser and test driver, so I expect Ferrari insisted Schumacher had to drive it.

There isn't one Stig, they have different drivers depending on what he's driving and where he's driving it.
  • Options
    I also very much doubt it. For some reason a lot of people believe everything they see in Top Gear (e.g. how close the races always are), when in reality it's mostly heavily scripted and edited.
  • Options
    If you go on youtube and search for the Stig theres a clip where you can hear the Stig talking, and its not in a German accent. So yeah, as has been said theres more then one Stig.
  • Options
    The Stig is Ben Collins. There are a few people that stand in for the photographs, but the driver is Ben.

It's well known throughout the car/racing scene, and also he did some driving for Top Gear between the Black Stig (Perry McCarthy) and the White Stig. He was not wearing the full face helmet and he was also credited by his full name.

Schumy was indeed a stunt. A good one, at that!
  • Options
    I also very much doubt it. For some reason a lot of people believe everything they see in Top Gear (e.g. how close the races always are), when in reality it's mostly heavily scripted and edited.

Yea, people should bear in mind it is an entertainment programme, everything that goes wrong (like when they set the caravan on fire) is all carefully pre-planned. It's made to look like it's real because it's more exciting that way.

With the exception of hammond trying to do summersaults in the rocket car.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    The race last night wasn't as scripted as some of the others though. Interestingly the Tornado 'on paper' should have lost by about 40 minutes with the 'path' it had following a lot of other trains. Network Rail and the other companies saw it as an oppertunity to get some good publicity and hence it managed to get a much much better run than it should have done. Had the signalling computer system not put a slow train in front of the Tornado at North Berwick (which Clarkson said "Can we not just ram it out of the way?") then Tornado would have won quite comfortably as the Jag only turned up a few minutes before the train did.

The initial plan was also for Clarkson to be on the locomotives footplate as far as Grantham where he was then to clean up and relax through to the end of the trip, instead he actually stayed up front the whole way and apparantely worked his arse off!
  • Options
    Monserrat wrote: »
    I saw the title and I thought that it was going to be about the book called Stig of the Dump!

That is such a good book!! :yippe:
  • Options
    g_angel wrote: »
    The Stig is Ben Collins. There are a few people that stand in for the photographs, but the driver is Ben.

That's what I thought. I know there have been several Stigs, but I'm pretty sure they only have one actual driver as him at a time.
  • Options
    Mist wrote: »
    I think they did. I think he took that ferrari around the track hence why it was 7 seconds clear of all the other times. Makes sense what with him being a ferrari advisor.

No, a lap in the Liana.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    g_angel wrote: »

It's well known throughout the car/racing scene, and also he did some driving for Top Gear between the Black Stig (Perry McCarthy) and the White Stig. He was not wearing the full face helmet and he was also credited by his full name.

Schumy was indeed a stunt. A good one, at that!

Yep.

And the Stig who did the ski jump on a snowmobilde was a different driver too.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    The only reason they revealed Schumy as the stig cos he's the only person that would have been allowed to drive that car... There's only so many made of that car, and the only black one they produced (all the rest are red with a white stripe) belongs to Schumy...
    Ferrari let you buy the car, but then they keep it in the factory, you can only hire your own car out for track days etc...
  • Options
    Its a few drivers i think, what if the stig is sick who takes over? ANOTHER DRIVER..thats who.
  • Options
    my boyfriend says he can't be the stig because when the stig first came about, schumy was still doing his races and shit so wouldn't have had time to do top gear. could be a load of pants that though :p he could have had time imo! but i dont think its him anyway!
  • Options
    my boyfriend says he can't be the stig because when the stig first came about, schumy was still doing his races and shit so wouldn't have had time to do top gear. could be a load of pants that though :p he could have had time imo! but i dont think its him anyway!

Did you not read the thread? It was a stunt.