Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Supersized English Breakfast

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Check this shit out!! http://www.gadling.com/2009/06/15/the-supersized-english-breakast/

All for 10 quid! Any of you Boltonites eaten there?

Comments

• Options
    As much as I love them it's a bit too much for me.
  • Options
    Holy fuck, I know where I'm eating next time I'm back up North!
  • Options
    haha its always in the bolton evening news that is...if you eat it all in under 20 minutes you get it free. you'd also probably have a heart attack 5 minutes later. i think some of it would be yummy but id only manage the 10 slices of toast then id be full haha. and probably before the end of the 10!
  • Options
    Lol I think I'd rather pay the 10 quid so I could actually enjoy the food and not be in agonising pain on the way home. Imagine the meat sweats after finishing all of that!!
    Some bloke was gonna give my girlfriend 50 australian dollars if she finished this huge bowl of chips before the State of Origin rugby game finished (there were 15 minutes to go). She got down to a very small handful, with 4 minutes still to go....and couldn't do it! I wasn't allowed to help her and it was so frustrating! I was like, "come on!! It's a small handful, shove it in your mouth in one go!!!"
    She let me down. :no:
  • Options
    This was in nuts the other week. The article said that one of the rules is that you have to do it without liquid assistance.

Still pretty cool though.
  • Options
    Given that it only costs £10 i'd hate to think what the quality of the ingredients is - i bet the sausages don't even contain any meat!

I think i'd rather have a couple of really nice sausages or rashers of bacon in a really nice piece of french bread.
  • Options
    Haha thats just ridiculous. Hows that guy gonna eat all that?!
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »
    Given that it only costs £10 i'd hate to think what the quality of the ingredients is - i bet the sausages don't even contain any meat!

I imagine it'll be alright, once you've cooked one sausage you might as well cook ten.

As for eating it, it's impossible without a drink. The meat will be OK but 10 rounds of toast will be impossible.
  • Options
    As for eating it, it's impossible without a drink. The meat will be OK but 10 rounds of toast will be impossible.

As a bonus, a spare slice of toast could act as a coaster.
  • Options
    Roadtrip
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    I imagine it'll be alright, once you've cooked one sausage you might as well cook ten.

I will obviously youtoob my attempt to eat it - but I'm thinkin gif the eggs yolks are runny that's gotta help mop up the toast - plus butter...
  • Options
    has to be runny eggs tbh otherwise the eggs would suck, i wanna go to bolton now :(
  • Options
    Is this breakfast, or breakfast, lunch & dinner?
  • Options
    The original source page has more photos of people having "eaten" the breakfast, and most of them have made a pretty poor show of it, leaving the toast and loads of sausages. pah.
  • Options
    ewww, black pudding :yuck: who actually eats black pudding?

this isn't a proper english breakfast to me :p firstly, i don't eat eggs or mushrooms but errr wheres the fried bread and the hash browns???????

those two things are the best bits of a english brekkie. mmmmm, hash browns :yum:
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster

this isn't a proper english breakfast to me :p firstly, i don't eat eggs or mushrooms but errr wheres the fried bread and the hash browns???????

those two things are the best bits of a english brekkie. mmmmm, hash browns :yum:

Black pudding :heart:
  • Options
    black pudding is massive up in these parts, i've never liked it personally
  • Options

Hash browns aren't part of a proper full english! If anything they're american aren't they?

But agreed, they are best part of a fried brekkie :yum:
  • Options
    oh god, that's gross. Sausages and beans for breakfast?
  • Options
    looks awful. Them sausages looks like they are made of plastic. If they did half the size for a fiver I still wouldnt be able to eat it all, nor want to.
  • Options

Fucking love black pudding, but I do agree with you on the hash browns!

Strubbles, what are you chattin about mate? Sausages and beans for breakfast is the best idea since sliced bread. :D
  • Options
    Ahhh this thread just makes me fucking hungry.

Sausages, hash browns, mushrooms, beans, bacon, egg, fried bread ... aaaah :D
  • Options

I love black pudding, but then again I was born in Bury, so it's inevitable :)

As with others, love hash browns, but there's nothing English about them
  • Options
    Yummy. How far away is Bolton from York, I'm sensing a train trip coming up!
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Yummy. How far away is Bolton from York, I'm sensing a train trip coming up!

Ha a TheSite.org breakfast meet?
  • Options

Hash browns are American. They have no place dirtying the plate of an English breakfast.

Black pudding is lovely, don't know why anyone doesn't like it.

StrubbleS wrote:
    oh god, that's gross. Sausages and beans for breakfast?

Is it the beans that bothers you? In Germany we had sausage for breakfast, some very nice Thuringer wurst too :yum:
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Check this shit out!! http://www.gadling.com/2009/06/15/the-supersized-english-breakast/

All for 10 quid! Any of you Boltonites eaten there?

Do they do a Kosher version of that ..lol
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    Black pudding is lovely, don't know why anyone doesn't like it.

Blood clots :yuck:
  • Options
    oh my! is it allowed to stay there until lunch time? that is mind blowing and stomach blowing!
  • Options
    Nice but a little too much.