Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Had A Bad Day

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Not Been The Best Off Days My Dad Had Argument with His New Girfriend he wont tell me why they had a argument i am really worried bout him Cuz he was saying 2 a mate off mine that he wanted 2 kill him self cuz he is thinking that me and nikki dont care bout him :(
Wat Can I Do Cuz My dad Will wont talk 2 me
Well I have Onli Just started 2 talk him atfer soo Long Being in Care
I Dont Know Wat 2 Do Now

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Maybe do something nice for him to show him that you do care?
    Yes :) But I have Trouble Getting Down 2 His Cuz He Lives Yeovil
    I Have Tried 2 Tell him that i love him but he thinks that i Dont I Dont Know Wat 2 Do Anymore
    Wb
    icey wrote: »
    Maybe do something nice for him to show him that you do care?

:yes: thats a good idea .Just give him time and he will open up
    :)
    Ok But I Have Tried And Every time he gets like this he just shuts himself away from everyone well i ask him wat the matter is and he like it dont matter :(
    Well I Dont No wat 2 do cuz i have only started talking two him after 4 yrs off not talking 2 him
    If you can, i would write him an email or a letter just letting him know you care and even if he is having a shite day he can call and talk to you, and if he needs space, thats ok also- he sounds depressed, i know that when i'm depressed i do tend to push people away that i care about and go into my own world so dont worry too much, just keep trying to get through to him. <3
    I mite do that :) But i dont like seeing my dad like this cuz its gets me down well its bot good 4 me cuz i am a self harmer and it dont really help if my dad is feeling down cuz it will get me down well i got keep my head up. well it doesnt happen all the time but they i dont i dont no why it happens when my dad and his new gf argue cuz he dont tell me ;( i really dont no wat 2 now :(
    All you can really do is 1) let him know you are there for him if he needs you and 2) look after yourself (cuz if it is getting you down and making you self harm you need to get support for YOU as well)

have you seen a counsellor at all?
    Ok Then I Think That Will Help :)
    ok then Well i tbh if my dads keeps doing this my self harming could get worse well i have seem one b4 cuz i was feeling sudical and i wanted 2 od and stuff
    I Have Seen counsellor at college cuz i getting bullied and stuff :( Well i think i am just beyond help
    No one is EVER beyond help ok? <3
    I think it might be good to go back and see if you can talk to your school counciller, just to let it all out and tell her how your dads moods are affecting you (cuz i know it gets right to you and makes you feel horrible)

You need to realise that you can take control of this- YOU are an amazing person and you have the strength to carry on. It's crappy that your Dad is feeling down, but in order to help him, you need to be in a good state of mind! :)
    Ok well its feels like it :(
    Well i cant do that :(
    cuz i dont go school anymore
    Well i aint really amazing cuz i self harm and i try 2 od sometimes
    well i have tried 2 but i cant tbh
    I have said 2 my dad that he needs 2 talk more but he wont listen
    when i was at dads flat him and nikki was having a go at each other and picked up a knife i thought he was gunna kill him self :(
    That's nt good :( have you got a 'connexions' near you? they offer free councillng to under 25s (and it's good, i've used it)

You are amazing,because even though it is really hard, you are dealing with this stuff life as thrown at you, and you are seeking help which is more than most people faced with this would do.

Is there any way you could have a chat with Nikki? tell her that this is upetting you?
    Ok :( Well i can but i dont really like talking 2 ppl bout getting help i dont know why but its just me cuz have i low self esstem and i find it hard 2 talk bout ppl
    But i guess that will have 2 get ova it :(
    thanks but i dont think thats true
    I dont no as i said i dont really like talking 2 ppl bout things that bothering me
    I know it's really difficult but if you dont tell anyone, it's just gonna upset you more and go around in your head until it gets worse :S
    maybe your friends might be good to talk to? just anyone so you dont have to keep your feelings all inside.
    Ok :( I am soo sad :( rite now
    I cant really tell any1 thats why i am writing stuff on here
    Yes but i cant really cuz the mate that i can talk 2 has her own issues dont really wat 2 worry her anymore then she can cope with
    Yea but do you know, sometimes it can be helpful to take your mind off your own issues and concentrate on someone else? thats what i've always kept in my mind when i talk to friends- you have you put yourself in their shoes and think how they would be feeling. It;s not being selfish or anything.

and *hugs* i know they wont do much but i hate when ppl are sad!
    ok :)
    well i will try and talk 2 ppl but i dont think it will work tbh
    i have tried but it dont work dont no wat 2 do anymore got anything 2 suggest?
    Ok well cant really talk 2 my close mate she has got 2 many problems cant give her anything 2 worry about
    The only thing can think of to help the situation is talking to somone about it really. You can try and write down all the stuff thats upsetting you and see after it's all written down, if there is anything you can do about any of it? (like make bullet points for each thing that is bothering you)
    I no but i find it hard :( 2 write down how i feel :(
    Cant really do that i dont no wat 2 do anymore i wanna just curl up and hope all this will go away