Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What to do?????

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Given that I struggle with small talk and only seem to get women interested in some form or another once I've known them purely as friends for a long time, it's an irony that I'm posting on here ;)

Your original ad did read too desperate. There's nothing wrong with a smattering of self-deprecation (to paraphrase Spaced) as long as you do it right, but don't talk yourself down.

Think of it as your personal CV (if you write your actual CV like that, it might explain not finding your dream job!!) - talk about what you do do, what you like and what you're looking to achieve. Be positive about yourself - if you like something, list it and stick up for it, don't assume people would find it boring.
    They might, but if you've got seven interests and out of that only one is a put-off for something, there's no harm done.

Plus if it's something you like and you attract someone else who likes it then ... score.

I joined my friend on OKCupid but recently shut down my account. Various reasons, but I just can't seem to get on with the online thing. Good luck though :)

Oh, and don't stress too much on someone that does get in touch. Take it easy and don't overthink things - take it from somebody that always does and has just shot himself in the foot by doing so :banghead:

[EDIT]
    As for questions ... I dunno, interests? Music? Sports? For every answer you get, try to pick up a point to ask something else from. And for every answer you give, try and turn it back to a question. Even if it's only "... and what about you?"
  • Options
    Open questions are basically questions you can ask that the answers arent "yes or "no", such as, "what bands are you currently into?" and if she replies with X Y and Z, if you like one for example you cud relate and say "oh i like X too", see what i mean mate? =]
  • Options
    I get ya grahaminneed.

I haven't had a message from her for a week now. Think I've given up on her. I'll send her one more message, if she doesn't reply, then I give up:impissed:
  • Options
    I get ya grahaminneed.

I haven't had a message from her for a week now. Think I've given up on her. I'll send her one more message, if she doesn't reply, then I give up:impissed:

Yep, you've gotta know when to walk away and when to keep chasing.... personally, i always walk away too soon. :)
    One more message (without making yourself sound desperate!) and leave it at that. She gotta meet you in the middle mate :p