Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How much contact after a first date?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've never really did the whole dating game as my previous girlfriends were all friends before.. so I was already comfortable with them when we got together.

However, I went out with one of my mate's girlfriend's mates this saturday just gone as we really hit it off at my mate's housewarming the week before.

The date went really well and we've arranged to meet the weekend after as she's working lates until fri. We txted a bit last night saying how we enjoyed ourselves and looking forward to next weekend etc. but I don't want to seem too keen!

Was thinking about flicking her a txt in the midweek sometime just asking her how it's going.. or should I just wait until I see her on the weekend? I know it's a proper trivial question but I'm wank at this whole dating etiquette stuff.

Comments

• Options
    Yes definately send her one mid week - otherwise she will probably come on here making a thread going i went out with this really great bloke at the weekend and it went really well but now i've heard nothing and i'm worrying that he doesnt' like me.........

There are no real rules to follow when dating if you want to talk to her then nothing should hold you back.
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »
    There are no real rules to follow when dating if you want to talk to her then nothing should hold you back.

Definately this. If you want to talk to her, then do it. When me n my bf were in the dating phase we'd be texting nearly every day and it didnt put either of us off.
    Also it will be nice for her getting a text, letting her know that you're thinking of her.
  • Options
    Definitely text her. With my fella we went first date Friday night, didn't hear anything by Sunday so decided to text him. Arranged to see each other weekend after but dropped each other one or two texts each day in between times - just asking how days were going and random chat about what we were up to but nothing heavy. Just meant we both knew we were interested but didn't seem overly keen.
  • Options
    Thanks peeps :)

We ended up txting for a bit last night anyway so I was probably over-thinking things when writing that first post haha. Got a feeling the rest of this week is going to drag though!
  • Options
    Yup, it certainly tends to do that when you're waitng to see someone. Count yourself lucky tho, i cant see my fella for another 2 weeks :'(