Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Java SMS Program

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone seen a Java program you can download on your Java Enabled mobile phone which allows you to create a list of mobile phone numbers and then send a single message to all of them?

I want it for a coach trip I'm organising for a bunch of random people, so before the event I can load the phone with all their numbers and at the end of the day send out an SMS to them saying "Please be back at the coach by 5:45pm"

I have a Nokia 3120 and Sony Ericsson T610 which I can use to run Java

Comments

• Options
    not a helpful post this time, but surely most phones let you send to more than one person?
    what exactlky are you trying to get your phone to do?
  • Options
    I thought I explained what I wnted to do pretty well before :chin:

I want something like this multi SMS

http://java.mob385.com/en/sms.shtml

Except this works only on Siemens I haven't got one of those

I don't want to add in manually the numbers of 70 people I might never see again and stick them in a group I just want to copy and paste them from excel or a CSV / TXT file, will get used for one day and then deleted

Messgaes sent will be like

Coach leaving at 9am ...

Lunch is being serving please return to the hospitaility tent

Coach is leaving at 5:45pm, anyone not there by then will get left behind ..

I've found several siilar programs but they rely on you connecting via GPRS to their own website and paying them money to send out the messages

Whilst I have 100 free SMS Text Message with O2 each month so might as well be able to send the messages direct from the phone
  • Options
    EDIT: posted while you explained better so useless...