Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Long distance relationship

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right, this has been bugging me for months, so i've decided to ask for some opinions.

I met a girl over the internet about 5 months ago, and we fell in love. The problem is, she lives 3-5 hours away from me, meaning I dont get to visit her.

Usually, its not a problem, but recently it seems to be causing issues between us; arguments, ignored texts etc.

Im probably just over reacting, but im starting to get really worried that this is all going to get blown out of proportion, and i really really dont want her to hate me, shes practically my life nowadays

Any ideas on what to do?

Comments

• Options
    I know how you feel, I went threw that with my ex. But you guys need to find other things that you can do that allows you to spend time together even if it's not in person. Trust me, I know, it can be hard and stressful but if you guys just keep ignoring the text and worry so much about it and don't do anything about it now. It will start to make you guys drift apart and soon end the relationship.

Long distance relationships are hard, but if you love each other don't let distance get in the way.
  • Options
    have you actually met this girl in person??
  • Options
    How old are you may i ask? its not ideal at all if your below 16-18ish... once u can get enough money to see em often enough then its okay.
  • Options
    Having a long distance relationship can be really hard, but they can work. I met my boyfriend of 2 years on a MMORPG. Although he lives in Israel and i live in England,with patience, long distance relationships can work :) Just don't give up on your relationship if you really want it xD
  • Options
    how can you fall in love over the internet?

3 to 5 hours away it is no distance at all in my world.

what issues do you have with her right now? Maybe you are worrying too much?

I know you have met her but how many times? It sounds that you may have to learn to trust yourself and her.

Dont worry....I met my husband via the internet. So it does work the untraditional way of meeting in a pub or club.
  • Options
    becks27 wrote: »
    how can you fall in love over the internet?

3 to 5 hours away it is no distance at all in my world.

what issues do you have with her right now? Maybe you are worrying too much?

I know you have met her but how many times? It sounds that you may have to learn to trust yourself and her.

Dont worry....I met my husband via the internet. So it does work the untraditional way of meeting in a pub or club.

This thread died ages ago, I sorted the problems.