Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Why are some women just so fucking full of shit?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm pretty pissed off right now so perhaps I'll come out with some stuff I wouldn't normally say.

Why can't some women just say what they fucking mean?

Been chatting to this woman online, she used to be one of my students when I ran a martial arts class about 12 years ago so although we hadn't spoken in years, we pretty much caught up pretty quickly and by fuck has she changed. She wasn't ugly back then but she's gorgeous now.

Anyway we've been chatting about this and that for a few months, nothing really in it until last week I asked her out.

She said she would but it wouldn't be a date because, and I quote, "I don't really want a relationship right now, I haven't really got the time as I'm so busy with work and my mind wouldn't be in it".

That's fair enough I told her and I'd respect that - I think she knows me well enough to be sure that I'm aware that no means no.

Anyway she hasn't been online much lately and hasn't been answering my texts (I don't text her that much but when I do she normally replies) which was odd but there you go.

Anyway I catch up with her on facebook tonight and she's 200 miles away in Nottingham. Staying with a guy she met on facebook and now they're an item!!

200 miles away in fucking Nottingham!! With a guy she's not even met???

OK ok, calm down.

It's her life, she can see who she wants and I'm not going to be arsey with her, she didn't promise me anything.

But why the front? Why all the "I haven't go the time for a relationship" bollocks? I'm guessing she just doesn't fancy me - hell I can take that, I'm mature enough, so why couldn't she just be fucking honest with me?

I don't think for one minute it was to "spare my feelings" as it's not like I was professing undying love for her.

Why do some women feel the need to come out with that sort of bollocks? Why can't you just be straight and honest?

FFS

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I don't know about limiting it to women, but I really hate it when people are being dishonest for no good reason too.
    In fact, I'd have way more respect for someone who called me an idiot to my face than someone who wouldn't do it out of "politeness" (this was an example).
  • Options
    Her loss is someone else game you'll find a girl who appricates you +who straight up with u x
  • Options
    She obviously didn't feel it would do any good to admit the truth, that she isn't interested. That may be lame, but why take offence if it was never going to go anywhere anyway?
  • Options
    I think it's more to do with the fact it feels like she couldn't even respect me enough to be straight with me.

I'd never be such a cock to suggest she owes me or anything but a few years after she left my training class she was confronted by some nugget behind a club who tried to attack her. He ended up with a broken wrist and dislocated shoulder after she proved she wasn't going to take any shit from him - and she later publicly thanked me and acknowledged it was me who showed her the techniques and gave her the confidence to fight back against the guy.

We kinda have an unspoken bond since then - we've never been what you'd call 'best mate' close but I'd have though we were at some kind of stage where there'd be no bullshit.

Guess I was wrong.

Anyway since this evening it's come out that she said exactly the same thing to another guy I know, difference is he's fucking livid.
  • Options
    she probably thought it would be unnecessarily mean to say she didnt fancy you, so she gave you the old "its not you, its me" shpiel.

no big deal
  • Options
    she probably thought it would be unnecessarily mean to say she didnt fancy you, so she gave you the old "its not you, its me" shpiel.

no big deal

I hate that bollocks so much! Doesn't make sense though, she said she wouldn't be able to put her mind in to a relationship yet she gets together with a guy 200 miles away? Did she not think I'd notice the industrial sized canister of irony being waved about there?!
  • Options
    no, she was lying about it, probably because she thought it would hurt you less that way, but it doesnt usually work like that, especially since she got rumbled.
  • Options
    Man I'd prefer to be hated than pitied :mad:
  • Options
    all cunts, expect mum.

kickbanignore is the only solution.
  • Options
    OK so how do I avoid this in future?

How do I put it in to words that I can't stand being pitied and will respect them more if they just come out with the truth?

What's the best way to word it so a woman will pay attention to it and not be intimidated or whatever?
  • Options
    Hmm...fair enough I don't know the ins and outs of what was said, but I don't know if I'd go as far as to say she's pitied you. It's quite possible she isn't looking for a serious relationship and that's why she's dating someone 200 miles away! If she's as busy as she says she is, this could just be a convenient form a escapism. It may well be serious, but who knows until you ask.?!

As for avoiding a similar situation in the future, I'd play it cooler. Don't ask for a date, or think of it in those terms unless she's made it clear that's what she's looking for. Some women don't like to commit to something romantic until they've had a chance to spend some time with a guy and suss out if there's anything there.
  • Options
    I'm not going to ask about her new relationship, it's really none of my business and to be honest what she does is up to her.

Thing is though, I was playing it cool. When we talked about going on a non-date I made it clear she wasn't going to get any attention off me.

OK I might have paid if we'd gone to the cinema but I'm kinda old-fashioned that way, I'd pay (or at least offer) if I was with a woman no matter who it was.

I can't see anything in my approach that made it look like I was after something other than hanging out with a cool woman. To be honest I think this is why I'm more pissed off, I feel let down by someone I thought was a mate and in my world you don't do shit like that to friends.
  • Options
    To be honest I think this is why I'm more pissed off, I feel let down by someone I thought was a mate and in my world you don't do shit like that to friends.
    Surely you wouldn't feel this bad about it if you didn't feel let down or rejected?
  • Options
    One thing I always ask of and expect from my mates is honesty. Even if I've pissed them off and they wish I'd go to hell then fuck just tell me and I'll deal with it!

If she thought I was coming on to her then that's a different story. I wasn't coming on to her and we made it clear us meeting up was a non-date.

So why the need for all the bullshit?
  • Options
    Because all women are harlots and tramps!

And they wanna, like, spare your feelings and junk. Even though in doing that they just make it worse.

Atleast you weren't a relationship for three years and then she up and tells you that she's a lez. That shit fuckin kiiiiiiiiillllls.
  • Options
    One thing I always ask of and expect from my mates is honesty. Even if I've pissed them off and they wish I'd go to hell then fuck just tell me and I'll deal with it!

If she thought I was coming on to her then that's a different story. I wasn't coming on to her and we made it clear us meeting up was a non-date.

So why the need for all the bullshit?

So if you just saw it as being matey, why not support her in her realtionship with this other guy?
  • Options
    Well I did say I haven't been arsey to her, I just don't like being fed bullshit. I can't ask her why she said what she said and then went on to contradict herself as it'll sound like the "spurned lover" scenario and I really don't want to come across like that.
  • Options
    thingking wrote: »
    Because all women are harlots and tramps!

And they wanna, like, spare your feelings and junk. Even though in doing that they just make it worse.

Atleast you weren't a relationship for three years and then she up and tells you that she's a lez. That shit fuckin kiiiiiiiiillllls.

Thanks.:rolleyes:

OP - if you come across as aggreisve as you do on here, then I'm not surprised really. Maybe she didn't want to hurt your feelings by telling you she wasn't intersted?
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »

OP - if you come across as aggreisve as you do on here, then I'm not surprised really. Maybe she didn't want to hurt your feelings by telling you she wasn't intersted?

First of all I made it clear I posted that while I was pissed off.

Secondly she had no reason to assume I was interested in her.

Thirdly I really cannot stand being pitied!! It doesn't make sense because her new relationship status is plastered all over facebook, her profile pic is her with her new guy, if I WAS trying to get off with her and she "didn't want to hurt my feelings" then she's now got a funny way of showing it!!
  • Options

Oh come on, now, you know as well as I do that I only mean most women!
    :thumb:
  • Options
    Oh come on, now, you know as well as I do that I only mean most women!
    :thumb:

:confused: of course I do, that's why you said all.
  • Options
    :confused: of course I do, that's why you said all.

You take things really seriously, don't you.

SOOOOOOOR-YYYYYYYYY
  • Options
    It's not nice telling someone you just don't fancy them though. Unless absoloutely cornered with the question, I don't think I'd ever say it, if the answer was no.

I'd be grateful that she didn't give you false hope. Now, that one's a complete bugger and I've been there.
  • Options
    It's getting to be a bit frustrating when people post in this thread without actually reading what I've said :D

There was never any hope needed because I was not interested in her and told her so!
  • Options
    Indeed, so why do you care? It's not exactly a terrible lie, is it?
  • Options
    I've explained that already too.

I expect honesty from people I call my mates.
  • Options
    You take things really seriously, don't you.

SOOOOOOOR-YYYYYYYYY
    Online when someone says something people tend to take it the way it was said.
  • Options
    If girls are completely honest we get called bitches or are told we're frigid and whatnot. :yeees:

In general girls think differently than guys so the logic applied to situations is different.

You said in the original post you asked her out and she said it wouldn't be a date so I can't see why you're going on about how she shouldn't have said what she said if the impression she got was that you were after her.
    The way I treat my friends and the way I treat guys I know are keen is totally different. Most girls can tell the difference.
  • Options
    I've explained that already too.

I expect honesty from people I call my mates.

i think youre being really judgemental. She obviously thought you were interested so was trying to let you down gently. Its not complete honesty, but noone has the right to expect total honesty from anyone tbh. Maybe with a partner if its a mutual agreement, but even then there may be white lies to save feelings here and there. It will regularly happen with friends, and i think by your reaction here, you were actually either more interested than you let on, or youre just embarrassed that she thought you fancied her when you dont.

One of the pitfalls of platonic friendships
  • Options
    Jaloux wrote: »
    You said in the original post you asked her out and she said it wouldn't be a date so I can't see why you're going on about how she shouldn't have said what she said if the impression she got was that you were after her..

Maybe something to do with me telling her I wasn't interested?
    She obviously thought you were interested so was trying to let you down gently.

Sorry but that's just crap. You should see her FB profile now, picture of them together everywhere, comments about how she had a great time, 'cute' messages on each others' wall. Not the sort of way most people "let someone down gently".
    Its not complete honesty, but noone has the right to expect total honesty from anyone tbh

Sorry but that's even more crap! I don't lie to my mates, they don't lie to me? Perhaps you might be in the habit of BS'ing to those close to you but please don't judge everyone that way!
This discussion has been closed.