Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Being a 'bigger man'

2»

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Maybe try swimming? Swimming tends to attract more overweight people generally, because it puts less strain on the joints.

Certainly swimming makes you fitter but it's not the best way to actually lose weight.
    http://www.thefactsaboutfitness.com/research/swimming.htm
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Skive wrote: »
    Certainly swimming makes you fitter but it's not the best way to actually lose weight.
    http://www.thefactsaboutfitness.com/research/swimming.htm

Im afraid of swimming its my only fear

i think ima go ahead with the exercise bike
  • Options
    By doing what, id go to the gym but id feel completly embarresed around all the muscular men just making themselves even more musuclar with there 6 packs..then theres me with my keg =[

i could diet but im embarresed to admit to go on one.. i=/

Well, then why are you complaining if you don't want to do anything about it?
    :confused::confused::confused:

Also, there're plenty of fat people at the gym.
    Have you ever been?
  • Options
    My point exactly. But we are so off topic :)
  • Options
    thingking wrote: »
    Well, then why are you complaining if you don't want to do anything about it?
    :confused::confused::confused:

Also, there're plenty of fat people at the gym.
    Have you ever been?

No i havent been or i wouldnt complain?
  • Options

Um, so you're complaining about things that you haven't experienced yet?
    And you're just asking us for an easier way to lose weight, where you don't have to do anything then, yeah?
  • Options
    thingking wrote: »
    Um, so you're complaining about things that you haven't experienced yet?
    And you're just asking us for an easier way to lose weight, where you don't have to do anything then, yeah?

:yes:
    Teagan wrote: »
    Seems to me that you're just making excuses and not looking at the bigger picture.

Stop making excuses for yourself unless you're going to tell us now that you're 'big boned'. You read at school, you read on the net .. so why the f**k not read a book that could change your life forever???? You're fat and until you are really ready to change that, our advice is immaterial. Gyms are where you find fat people trying to improve their lives. If they can do it, so can you.
  • Options

Mate seriously, grow a pair and face up to reality. Fit and muscular people don't all just suddnly group together at gyms. It took a long time for them to get where they are and I guarantee you before they started they all felt like they were in the wrong place.

They'd have their own wobbly bits, too-skinny arms etc but the difference is they worked their arses off at each session and came back for more. They said 'bollocks' to their insecurities and realised everyone has to start somewhere.

They also realised that all the other people in the gym were more interested in their own workouts than taking the piss out of newbies.
  • Options
    Mate seriously, grow a pair and face up to reality. Fit and muscular people don't all just suddnly group together at gyms. It took a long time for them to get where they are and I guarantee you before they started they all felt like they were in the wrong place.

They'd have their own wobbly bits, too-skinny arms etc but the difference is they worked their arses off at each session and came back for more. They said 'bollocks' to their insecurities and realised everyone has to start somewhere.

They also realised that all the other people in the gym were more interested in their own workouts than taking the piss out of newbies.

Not everybody is comfortable going to the gym 'mate' so dont patronise me.
  • Options
    I apologise for that. I didn't mean to sound patronising (believe me I can be a lot worse...), it's just you really are worrying over nothing if your concern is how you'll be percieved in there.
  • Options
    It may seem like nothing to you but its big to me right?

As posted above i have decided on a way to lose weight..maybe read that
  • Options
    It may seem like nothing to you but its big to me right?

I meant it's "nothing" because people won't be looking at you, they are more concerned with their own workouts.

But, if you've set your mind on how you're going to lose weight then I wish you all the best and don't forget to post back here as you reach every goal.
  • Options
    I think the key to getting a girl is not being super hunky or slim but instead its having the confidence and personality to approach them and talk to them like they are a normal person.

I do however think that if your classified as being obeses then you do need to think about loosing a little weight for the sake of your own health! And on the plus side it might give you more confidence. I think that the excersise bike is a reallllllly good idea especially if your like me and slightly lazy - i cant face the idea of going out of the house into the cold to excersise or anything which involves communal showers so my excersise bike is perfect for me.

I go on it every morning for half an hour or untill i've burned 500 calories whichever is quicker (this gives you incentive to try harder as you get it done quicker) my personal reasons for this are because a) your statistically more likely to stick to an excersise routine if you do it in the mornings and b) it means i can have a nice shower in my own bathroom before I go to work. I literally leap out of bed brush my teath and go straight on it so it takes hardly any time out of my day.

To get with the healthy eating programme you don't need to go on a fancy diet - just start slowly with easy things like making sure you eat 5 portions of fruit and vegetables a day - which should fill you up more than you think - try and eat at least one with each meal. Plus increase the ammount of protien you eat each day - not only is this good for you but it fills you up nicely as well and cut out sugary drinks - so always go for diet options which arent' that bad really.
  • Options
    Yeah i will be on the bike once everyday until ive lost enough

i need 3 stone to lose to be normal weight for my height

how many calories when i go on it should i burn? 500?
  • Options
    I do 500 mainly because i couldnt' face doing it for any longer than 1/2 an hour each day and 500 calories is the maximum i can burn in that time - with it on the maximum setting - but you might be able to do more. But you will need to build up to it slowly rather than putting it on the maximum setting on your first go.

I would start of by putting it on a low to medium setting - lots have variable settings which are good and aiming at 200 calories to start with and see how you get on.

If you go into the health area and post a thread i'm sure there are some fitness guru's out there who can help you devise a good programme.