Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Racism on the forum.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well when we are old there will be no government pension so we are even more likely to be poor.

Do you think people should be given something amazing for nothing? Eg single mothers in one room flats, well so, should the government give them luxury apartments? There are plenty of British people that work the system themselves, having lots of children when they can't afford to support them which are just as much of a problem to the economy than asylum seekers.

There are many facilities for the homeless such as hostels and assisted housing. I don't know everything about homelessness but there is a lot of help available.
  • Options
    Originally posted by PussyKatty
    Do you think people should be given something amazing for nothing?

You dont see the irony in what you just said?
  • Options
    Asylum seekers don't get anything amazing. I do realise that.
  • Options

yes they do, they escape the fanaticism with Big Brother.:D :D
  • Options

That wasnt what i meant..

You are all for giving asylum seekers what we do and yet you think single British mothers shouldnt get what they do...

I wasnt saying give single mothers luxury apartments, just make sure they dont live in squalor.
  • Options
    No I didn't say single mums shouldn't get help. The way I see it, if you are getting something for nothing, you can't complain too much. I live in a council tower block which my b/f was allocated to when he was homeless. It's a dump, but I can't complain too much, it's cheap and it was available.

What kind of squalor are these people living in? I am sure it's no worse than here. I would not want to bring a child up here, but if you get pregnant when you can't afford to or are not ready, you have to make the best of the situation.
  • Options
    You do not live in the conditions of most people KT..You have a computer and net access. You are clearly better off than the type of person we are talking about here.
  • Options
    Maybe..but I live in the same place. And I only have a computer because my b/f gets the parts from work, it's not like I went down PC world with a few grand.
  • Options
    Originally posted by J
    We are the ones bombing their countries, and when they come here because they are too scared of going home, we moan at them!
    If you don't like it I suggest people start working towards peace.

A very good point J
  • Options
    Have you considered why we are bombing their country?
    Maybe there government should spend a little money on the development of their own country rather than on weapons of mass destruction?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jinx
    Have you considered why we are bombing their country?
    Maybe there government should spend a little money on the development of their own country rather than on weapons of mass destruction?

Well they don't do they? So the people look to other nations such as ours to help them! And what do they get, abuse. :mad:
  • Options
    I'm causing trouble.

So, this isn't the best time to admit that I've started local KKK, Combat 18 and British Front organisations in my area?

*covers up Swastica tattoo's*
  • Options
    We should all feel a responsibility to care for our neighbours be they 3 doors away, 3 streets away or 3 continents away!

The main problem this country has is not assylum seekers, nor the state of education and the NHS it is a lack of community!

In 20 years time we will probably be struggling to staff the NHS because people growing up today don't care enough and don't see the point in entering the caring professions.

People in other countries are being raped, tortured and killed for their beliefs and we SHOULD be prepared to do something about it.

There are rich and poor in this country but very few of us know what REAL persecution and fear are like, very few of us have experienced Starvation.

It is disgusting that only a few years ago we could all support something like live aid and yet now there are more and more people who don't give a shit about what is happening the rest of the world.

Of course there are many people who don't have to open their eyes to the suffering in other parts of the world because they are fighting too hard to hold on to the privilaged and cosy life they have in the good old UK.
  • Options
    on the racism thing u no wen anne robinson tried 2 put the welsh( ie me) in room 101 she was like cheered n stuff thing is if shed sed i wat 2 put asians in shed b ridiculed y is it that sum countrys hva ppl sum ppl think its "ok" which it isnt 2 b racist 2wards
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    on the racism thing u no wen anne robinson tried 2 put the welsh( ie me) in room 101 she was like cheered n stuff thing is if shed sed i wat 2 put asians in shed b ridiculed y is it that sum countrys hva ppl sum ppl think its "ok" which it isnt 2 b racist 2wards

What? Are you attempting irony via posting in a foreign language?
  • Options
    my hope for the future lies in your generation.
    U've left the place in a bit of a mess havent you?!

Shared resources.

Sounds a little bit like communism. And we know what happened with the russians!
  • Options
    morrocan roll, you didnt happen to come here from u75 did you?
  • Options
    Ahhh yes trusty George orwell! it was him who got me a reasonable grade in english GCSE!
  • Options
    AND PERHAPS IF YOU READ THE LAST PARAGRPH OF ANIMAL FARM YOU WILL SEE WHERE IT GETS US!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    HEY ILSON.......your an inteligent guy. but it is a fucking minefield aint it? i have to disagree about people in america being able to vote him out as it has now been shown beyond doubt they didn't vote him in.

Yes they did vote him in.

Our system doesn't work like yours does. George Bush won more electoral votes. Each state has a certain number based on population. George Bush, the Florida newspapers reported months ago, would have won Florida by over 700 votes (This might not be the exact number so don't sue me). Thus he would have won the state and the electoral votes no matter what. This is regardless of the fact that Gore had more of the popular vote.

This isn't an abberation. It's happened before too.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ilson-Youth

what i meant by a false democracy is, sure you choose who you want to represent you, you vote on your president, but for those 4 years (sorry, i dont kno whow many years hes in for) thats more or less it, you no longer have any power, he can do what he likes, until those 4 years are over...

i guess its even worse over here, we dont have a congress to oppose Tony Blair, in proportion Tony Blair is the most powerful man in the world. I dont think that can be a great thing, luckily he hasnt decide to do anything stupid yet, although i admit, he isnt doing a great job.

He can be taken out, but not without a lot of difficulty. Nixon probably would have been the first, but he resigned before they could kick him out. The other time was over ahundred years ago and the vote to remove failed by one vote. However, he has two other branches of government that can stop him, Congress can refuse to pass his bills or to appropriate the money he wants for them, and the Supreme Court can rule that one of his policies is unconstitutional.

I think it is odd that the PM of your country also controls the party that has the majority in the House of Commons. It seems to give him a terribly (sp) large amount of power. Is there a court which can say what he's doing isn't legal?
  • Options
    ...yeah - The Queen ;)

Doesn't the Republican party have a majority in Congress?
  • Options
    Right this has gone all political...so I'm moving it to politics with a reminder that racist comments can lead to banning from these boards.