Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Snow!

13»

Comments

• Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    where did you go in manchester? i live just off the city centre and when i went out this morning, we had 1-2 inches. when i was walking home from work, there was more as its been snowing all day!

im assuming you went in city centre?

trafford centre :)

No snow there at all.

It is getting a bit deeper here now, hope its ok.

ABS kicked in on my brakes this morning, thought the car was falling apart, bloody noisy it is!

I dont care about driving in the snow, its the skidding on the ice underneath that scares me!

If it is bad, not sure if I will go to work, but should give it a bloody good go!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well finally the snow seems to have stopped near me.
    Which is good.
  • Options
    Damn you all, I'm well jealous.
    Wish I was back home right now. :grump:
  • Options
    Bugger all public transport = no work. :thumb: I could have walked the four and half miles in but I would have frozen. Need to go in tomorrow though even if it is on reduced hours.

Ed: Brighton had crap loads of snow, even where I am had a good four inches of the stuff.
  • Options
    Over half a foot - definitely wasn't going in to work today! It seems to be melting now though :(
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    'The worst' still to come up North apparently :D

dsc1844nd2.jpg

This is the end of my street and one of the steepest hills in Huddersfield - gonna be fun driving up and down there if/when the buses run in the morning!
  • Options
    Buncha wusses, ooo it snowed a tiny bit I'm not going to work, mmeeeehhhhh :p
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Buncha wusses, ooo it snowed a tiny bit I'm not going to work, mmeeeehhhhh :p
    Keep it shut Yank :p
  • Options
    There is NO MORE SNOW here, despite it snowing in the night. I want a snow day like everyone else :grump:

Jst, could you text me about those tickets please? cos I am going to offer them at work if you don't need them and I am running out of time!
  • Options
    hasn't snowed any more here but its now dangerously icey just to walk outside. 1st lecture was cancelled, and seeing as our afternoon lecturer lives on the very edge of the central line to the east, i don't see him getting in....soooo another snow day! yay!
  • Options
    Well today we have had a tiny bit of snow fall but there is actually SUN.
  • Options
    No snow at all over here.

Wish over there would clear up, working in a call center for sainsbury's home deliveries and it's a nightmare people ringing all day looking for their deliveries, complaints complaints complaints.

We had 5,500 calls yesterday alone.

Come out sun over there!
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    Keep it shut Yank :p

It is fluffy rain! You think the world is on the brink of ending with a couple flakes :p

The radio people were making fun of you this morning as some 6 million people over yonder didn't go to work yesterday they said because of the sprinkles. ;)
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    The radio people were making fun of you this morning as some 6 million people over yonder didn't go to work yesterday they said because of the sprinkles. ;)

It doesn't happen here often so we havn't got the equipment and infrastructure to deal with it. When the schools close many parents have to take the day the day off work too. And driving to work would have been too dangerous in man y parts of the country.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I hate snow its cold and wet and peolple are always throwing snow balls at the window and cars:crying: . I'm glad its goiing:)
  • Options
    YAY. I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE SNOW.

It's been so pretty and lovely. The twins have been amazed by it. We built a snowman when they went to bed on Monday night and then told them that if they were good allll night long then the snowman (as in the classical snowman which they have read and watched a million times) would come and see them. Their faces in the morning were a picture - "he came to seee me!". Good stuff.

I don't care if 6 millions trillion billion people took days of work yesterday and parents had to 'god forbid' look after their children all day and I dont care how much it cost the country and the economy and all that stuff because I watched the children having a greeeat time in snow so thick that I have never seen and that they will probably not see for years to come. It's called making memories and SNOW DAYS are good. SO whoooo cares.

Anyway,
    Veryyy pretty and quite heavy round here.
    We have the boy snowman who came to visit the twins overnight but he collapsed yesterday unfortuntley. Then we have the snowman we built which happens to be wearing my clothes. And then some lovvely pictures which looks like it should have been taken from the front of a christmas card but are actually out the front of the house!

YAY SNOW! :)

EDIT : Boooo it won't let me attach my pictures :grump:
  • Options
    *Ashley* wrote: »
    YAY. I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE SNOW.

It's been so pretty and lovely. The twins have been amazed by it. We built a snowman when they went to bed on Monday night and then told them that if they were good allll night long then the snowman (as in the classical snowman which they have read and watched a million times) would come and see them. Their faces in the morning were a picture - "he came to seee me!". Good stuff.

I don't care if 6 millions trillion billion people took days of work yesterday and parents had to 'god forbid' look after their children all day and I dont care how much it cost the country and the economy and all that stuff because I watched the children having a greeeat time in snow so thick that I have never seen and that they will probably not see for years to come. It's called making memories and SNOW DAYS are good. SO whoooo cares.

Anyway,
    Veryyy pretty and quite heavy round here.
    We have the boy snowman who came to visit the twins overnight but he collapsed yesterday unfortuntley. Then we have the snowman we built which happens to be wearing my clothes. And then some lovvely pictures which looks like it should have been taken from the front of a christmas card but are actually out the front of the house!

YAY SNOW! :)

EDIT : Boooo it won't let me attach my pictures :grump:

I like your "signature". :)
  • Options
    Well snow all gone from where i am :yippe:
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    More on the way tonight. Yay!

Trouble is, this time I'll need to drive in it and I'm not too happy about that.
  • Options
    The snow went yesterday...none today and I don't think we are getting anymore.

ETA:..oohh..I lie, just checked BBC and says we could get some.