Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

juggling partner and parents

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No not a special birthday, I have told my mum and she seems fairly annoyed that he didn't just say something. Now he has said something he feels like the surprise is ruined!!!

Trouble makers!!

I am feeling much stronger at the moment. I had a really bad day and I wasn't really very awake when my mum was upset so it got to me before I had a chance to wake up! My mum has decided that if my bf wants to pout and whatever she will just leave him be and let him have his tantrum.

The surprise involves a meal out, thats about as much as I've got out of him so far! Thanks for all the help guys, will let you know.
  • Options
    a meal out - in the morning?

I think its bollocks. I think theyre both trying to get control of you to get you to prove who you love the most. Now the "surprise is ruined" I dont buy it. I bet he does nothing now and itll be "your fault" for not just going along with what he said
  • Options
    Hi Jems

First of all let me start by saying that you are in no way alone in this.

Mym mum couldnt accept the fact that I grew close to my now wife (but then GF) so quickly. She kicked me out by putting my stuff in black bags & pouring stuff over them all.

You have to listen to your heart in this. There are ways of satisfying everyones needs & wishes in this but at the end of the day you are the one who has to be happy with it.

Youre mum should and I use that term loosely be happy for you that you have found someone. & at the same time your bf should respect you & the fact that you need to see family.

As a new person Im not prepared to give a blow by blow account of my history but if you like you could PM me- my pain goes so much deeper than what Ive written above.
  • Options
    a meal out - in the morning?

I think its bollocks. I think theyre both trying to get control of you to get you to prove who you love the most. Now the "surprise is ruined" I dont buy it. I bet he does nothing now and itll be "your fault" for not just going along with what he said

The meal was supposed to be friday night, thats why he didn't want to go on friday night because it would have been too late to then go to my aunts... or at least thats what i think was the issue. Also the sleeping in our own bed.

We did have a meal in the end but I paid because he spent all his money on my presents :rolleyes:

I think my mum is just missing me but all this pressure and whatever isn't helping. Its like a feel bad for not wanting to see them... well i don't not want to see them i just don't desperately need to see them now.

I swear sometimes its more hassle than its worth. We ended up in some big debate over what to do on the day and its like just because its my birthday why should i have to chose. I gave suggestions, I don't know what would be most popular. :banghead:
  • Options
    Maybe from now on your birthday should be your call?