Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I like someone at work, how do I talk to him?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
There's somebody at another department in my workplace and he seems nice. But I don't know how to approach him. What should I do?

And something else happened. As I was going to lunch the other day, I was in Sainsbury's buying some sandwiches at the checkout when the person before me just stood in the way doing nothing. I asked her "excuse me" politely but she ignored me then I nudged her and she got upset now.:rolleyes: If people in my town hate me, I don't care. They shouldn't expect good treatment from me then, should they?

Comments

• Options
    I'm finding your stories about other people being rude to you increasingly hard to believe. The likelihood of two people in a week completely ignoring you when you're being polite is tiny.

If people in your town hate you, I'm sorry, but it's because of something you've done. And as I said before, just because others are rude to you does not mean you should be rude to them.
  • Options
    Whats the supermarket story got to do with liking someone? :confused:
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    I'm finding your stories about other people being rude to you increasingly hard to believe. The likelihood of two people in a week completely ignoring you when you're being polite is tiny.

Why is this?
    If people in your town hate you, I'm sorry, but it's because of something you've done. And as I said before, just because others are rude to you does not mean you should be rude to them.

ok, but I don't care if they hate me. They cannot get upset if I'm supposed to still be good to them.
  • Options
    Whats the supermarket story got to do with liking someone? :confused:

I wondered that. How are these two stories in any way related?
  • Options
    Good god nudging someone in a British queue :eek: they will turn up at your house and lynch ya!

You should try getting civility out of people in Denmark, its still viking times here unless you bring them a wild boar they shrug at you.

Ilipinitt: go talk to the guy nicely and stop hitting people - thats the only advice you need, no questions, no debate.
  • Options
    i like hitting people, or at the least nudging them. People just annoy me, since i think they are nothing.
  • Options
    ilipintt wrote: »
    i like hitting people, or at the least nudging them. People just annoy me, since i think they are nothing.

So many things wrong with that statement.

You know, I think if somebody gave you a fucking good smack in the face, you'd change your tune :mad:

Also, if people are nothing, then this guy you like is nothing. Why are you bothering?
  • Options
    What g_angel said.

There's no reason to hit people.
  • Options
    g_angel wrote: »
    So many things wrong with that statement.

You know, I think if somebody gave you a fucking good smack in the face, you'd change your tune :mad:

Also, if people are nothing, then this guy you like is nothing. Why are you bothering?

He is nice. But not other people.
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    What g_angel said.

There's no reason to hit people.

Meh, I don't care. People are people and all retarded. Like in town, people just annoy me because they are so dopey. And like in McDonalds when I order something, people stand right up behind me to just piss me off and i shove them hard because they are so retarded. Not my fault if they all have developmental disorders..
  • Options
    If you want to approach someone, you could start by asking the if they would like to go for a coffee with you. Personally, I would get to know someone properly first before asking them out. (by 'properly', I mean not talking to them for just 5 minutes)
  • Options
    He is nice. But not other people.
    What if you got with him, he said/did something you didn't like and you hit him?
  • Options
    A guy at work will be the least of your worries. I can see this going 3 ways:

1) Trying your luck with someone bigger and not at all afraid to give the odd right hook
    2) Being picked up by the police
    3) Being picked up by the police on a Section 136
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »
    What if you got with him, he said/did something you didn't like and you hit him?

I don't know.
  • Options
    go_away wrote: »
    A guy at work will be the least of your worries. I can see this going 3 ways:

1) Trying your luck with someone bigger and not at all afraid to give the odd right hook
    2) Being picked up by the police
    3) Being picked up by the police on a Section 136

So? I know i'd get off anyhow. In some cases, hitting somebody is acceptable.
  • Options
    So? I know i'd get off anyhow. In some cases, hitting somebody is acceptable.
    Not in the cases you have written about here.
  • Options
    In some cases, hitting somebody is acceptable.

But none of the cases you've mentioned in this post and before even come close to being considered acceptable in terms of hitting a person.

I really and truly feel you should get some professional help with your problems because what you need is well beyond what this forum can offer.
  • Options
    I don't know how you think you know that. If you are indeed the real deal I think there's a lot going on with you that can't really be dealt with by the people on here, yet you keep coming back with statements that are deliberately provocative. I hope whatever's going on, you can eventually sort it out before you or someone else gets hurt.
  • Options
    i don't care if somebody else gets hurt. Why should I care a hoot?
  • Options
    i don't care if somebody else gets hurt. Why should I care a hoot?
    Because one day it will be you.
  • Options
    Why? I don't care if I nudge people in public. There really is no reason why I should. And if they get worse injuries, then sucks to be them...
  • Options
    ilipintt ... strange question .. are you a guy?
  • Options
    Why do you ask?
  • Options
    ilipintt you annoy me so if I met you would it be ok for me to hit you?
  • Options
    No.
  • Options
    So it's one rule for you and a different rule for everyone else?
  • Options
    Why not? I don't need to be consistent.
  • Options
    Ever heard of the saying 'treat people how you would to be treated'?
This discussion has been closed.