Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I fucking hate COCK-BLOCKERS!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is there possibly anything more frustrating?!

When you're out at a club and dancing with a girl / making conversation for some random drunken twat to butt in and start talking to her, or one of her friends. Or when one of your mates comes and joins in so the guy/girl intimately dancing becomes a circle of three. Or when people slowly walk past through you ruining the moment. Or people just standing there in the fucking way not doing anything when you're trying to get to the girl behind them. Or when you're close with a girl then some drunk mate starts shouting inappropriate things at you / trying to get you to go elsewhere. Of some stupid 'crazy dancer' hurting you/her by violently shoving you. Biggest problem's if she's with friends and they don't let her be isolated.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Comments

• Options
    dunc2008 wrote: »

When you're out at a club and dancing with a girl / making conversation for some random drunken twat to butt in and start talking to her, or one of her friends. Or when one of your mates comes and joins in so the guy/girl intimately dancing becomes a circle of three. Or when people slowly walk past through you ruining the moment. Or people just standing there in the fucking way not doing anything when you're trying to get to the girl behind them. Or when you're close with a girl then some drunk mate starts shouting inappropriate things at you / trying to get you to go elsewhere. Of some stupid 'crazy dancer' hurting you/her by violently shoving you. Biggest problem's if she's with friends and they don't let her be isolated.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Honestly, I can't say it's ever bothered me as I have never put that much focus on pulling. I can't be bothered investing the time it seems you do, either.

I've always done well by never dancing up to girls, just bouncing around smiling, and saying 'hello' to people as I bob on by. If they're friendly, I'll have a quick chat, and then generally move along. If I see them later, and they seem interested, then perhaps something will happen, but I don't go chasing.

I can see why you would find it frustrating though...
  • Options
    g_angel wrote: »
    Honestly, I can't say it's ever bothered me as I have never put that much focus on pulling. I can't be bothered investing the time it seems you do, either.
    The way I view things, is if I like the girl, "This girl's really nice. We're connecting/clicking, there's a bit of chemistry here. Maybe we could go out and things would be awesome. Maybe there's some long-term potential here, I mean she's in the stage of her life as me, she seems like she might like me back, if I go out with her my life would be so much more awesome than now..." and then BAM some twat pushes me out of the way and comes onto her and I want to bottle him :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
  • Options
    The way I view things, is if I like the girl, "This girl's really nice. We're connecting/clicking, there's a bit of chemistry here. Maybe we could go out and things would be awesome. Maybe there's some long-term potential here, I mean she's in the stage of her life as me, she seems like she might like me back, if I go out with her my life would be so much more awesome than now..." and then BAM some twat pushes me out of the way and comes onto her and I want to bottle him :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Wow - you're reading a lot from a dance or a random drunken chat. Perhaps if you feel that way, you should act sooner, ask her for a drink sometime, swap numbers, and then go enjoy the rest of the night, knowing you have a possible future date in the bag. :)

Either way though, if she is happy enough for Mr. Cock Blocker to butt in, then I would say she isn't as interested as you may have been. If she was keen, she would tell him to fuck off and resume with Mr Dunc.
  • Options
    Maybe all these people are doing it on purpose to save her? Usually girls manage to tip off their friends to come save them when someone is a bit too close and doesn't get the hint...
  • Options
    Dear Wendy wrote: »
    Maybe all these people are doing it on purpose to save her? Usually girls manage to tip off their friends to come save them when someone is a bit too close and doesn't get the hint...

That was my first thought. :yes:

When me and my friends go out together we are all watching out for one another and group together or back off depending on the signals we get. Also, we're not some mindless sheep that forget who was hitting on us if somebody walks in his way or we lose sight for 5 seconds. ;)

I also agree with g_angel's latest post.
  • Options
    Biggest problem's if she's with friends and they don't let her be isolated.

That makes you sound quite scary.
  • Options
    Scary or not I totally mark out for the expression 'cock-blockers' :D

I shall make an effort to introduce it in to my everyday vocabulary :thumb:
  • Options
    You sound really desperate.
    If your giving that vibe off no wonder girls are ditching you...:rolleyes:
    Learn to be happy by yourself,only then will girls be interested.
  • Options
    I shall make an effort to introduce it in to my everyday vocabulary :thumb:

Giggity :)
  • Options

Indeed, there have been a fair few times I've done that to rescue all of my female mates from random guys. Or had to be a surrogate bf when they just won't bugger off.
  • Options

I don't know if it was a rhetorical question, but yes - poo that just won't flush

Really think you need to chill out and/or see someone professional
  • Options
    The Leaf wrote: »
    Learn to be happy by yourself,only then will girls be interested.
    I'd mentioned this before - I AM happy with myself. Everything in my life is exactly how I want it to be, except the girls issue. There's barely anything in my life I'd want to change, I'm happy with how everything's working out, I just need a happy relationship as the final piece in the jigsaw for the perfect life - the only times in my life I've been 100% happy with everything was when that was there too.
  • Options
    go_away wrote: »
    I don't know if it was a rhetorical question, but yes - poo that just won't flush

I had one of those once, it was there for days. Honestly it was like Jason Vorhees, damn thing would not die no matter how much I flushed the pan.

But I digress.
    Really think you need to chill out and/or see someone professional

I just think his frustration is coming out the wrong way.
  • Options

:lol: damn floaters.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    If I don't manage to pull a girl, it's my problem not her friends.
    If she likes you enough you'll pull her despite her friends or others.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    That makes you sound quite scary.

I think I know what he means, it's intimidating trying to talk to a girl as it is (although G_angels 'casual' technique seems easy enough!), when they hang around in packs it's nigh on impossible :p
    I just think his frustration is coming out the wrong way.

Agree with you there quagmire!
  • Options
    g_angel wrote: »

I've always done well by never dancing up to girls, just bouncing around smiling, and saying 'hello' to people as I bob on by. If they're friendly, I'll have a quick chat, and then generally move along. If I see them later, and they seem interested, then perhaps something will happen, but I don't go chasing.

I can see why you would find it frustrating though...

I thought you were a woman.
  • Options
    you know most people have a designated driver? well, when i'm on girly nights out we always have a designated lesbian lover to save each other from unwanted advances... it could have been that

but you really really really need to take a different attitude and aproach to dating and pulling, because i've been looking at a lot of your posts and you really aren't going to get anywhere with the way your are doing it now...
  • Options
    Namaste wrote: »

Hahahahahaha - really?

I've been around here for quite a while now, and I know my ID confused a few people, but thought everything was past that now.

Still, my ID is supposed to be androgynous, and so it's still doing it's job ;)
  • Options
    Namaste wrote: »

up to now? or some time ago?
  • Options
    but you really really really need to take a different attitude and aproach to dating and pulling, because i've been looking at a lot of your posts and you really aren't going to get anywhere with the way your are doing it now...
    Yeah, its that problem where if things are going well you become really confident, relaxed and at ease, whereas if you've had a lengthy string of bad luck then you get desperate, needy, creepy, weird, intense, anxious, the opposite of chilled which is where I'm at right now. Completely fucked things up again last night, met a nice girl, in 'no time to waste' thought-mode Facebook'd her straightaway saying I thought she was the girl of my dreams and would like to take her out to dinner, her friends said I've now scared her off being so quick to-the-point :crying:
  • Options
    in 'no time to waste' thought-mode Facebook'd her straightaway saying I thought she was the girl of my dreams and would like to take her out to dinner, her friends said I've now scared her off being so quick to-the-point :crying:

Christ mate.

Asking somebody for dinner = cool.

Saying she's the girl of your dreams = not cool.

:(
  • Options
    Facebook'd her straightaway saying I thought she was the girl of my dreams and would like to take her out to dinner, her friends said I've now scared her off being so quick to-the-point :crying:

Scared her off, I'd run a bloody mile if some said that to me after meeting them once!!
  • Options
    Yea I think you need to learn the nuances of the stupid dating culture i.e. you are supposed to leave it two days or something before you ask them if they want to go out in a really nonchalant way. This guy did what was imo sweet email with this girl he met saying he really liked her and told a little story with pictures and said he'd love to meet up with her anyway she forwarded it on to her friends who had a giggle...
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Yea I think you need to learn the nuances of the stupid dating culture i.e. you are supposed to leave it two days or something before you ask them if they want to go out in a really nonchalant way. This guy did what was imo sweet email with this girl he met saying he really liked her and told a little story with pictures and said he'd love to meet up with her anyway she forwarded it on to her friends who had a giggle...

Cut the bullshit regarding how long to wait to contact her, how long she should be when replying etc. It's pathetic. But just don't declare your love immediately. That should do the trick.
    Going along the lines of, 'hey had fun meeting you the other night, let me know if you fancy a drink sometime' is sufficient.
  • Options
    Cut the bullshit regarding how long to wait to contact her, how long she should be when replying etc. It's pathetic. But just don't declare your love immediately. That should do the trick.
    Going along the lines of, 'hey had fun meeting you the other night, let me know if you fancy a drink sometime' is sufficient.

I have to agree with Ms Wendy. There are no fucking rules! Just don't be a nutter, and if he/she likes you, you will see each other again.
  • Options
    Scared her off, I'd run a bloody mile if some said that to me after meeting them once!!
    Too right!
  • Options
    ah, now here we're on the same wave length...

I am THE WORLDS BEST at freaking guys out to the point that they will do anything to avoid me...I've done this so many times that i could possibly write a book about it.

but in my old age (ahem), i've started to get better and i've realised that a lot of it is about building up trust, and some mutal understanding of each other, and other stuff... but no, i'm not in a relationship right now, and thats due to the fact that i'm waiting for the next mr/miss right now to come along and that using this time to learn a lot more about myself, which i think helps a lot when you are in a relationship
  • Options
    Walking up to a girl and dancing with her straight away rarely works, just comes across as sleazy though god knows I've done it in my younger E fuelled days of clubbing. Best approach would be to dance in a group beside where the girl is dancing, try to make eye contact and flirt a bit. If she responds positively then try and dance with her or catch up with her at the bar later or something. Lets face it, most girls don't see fellas in clubs as people out there to find the girl of their dreams, just as people who want a quick shag. If you can present yourself as something a bit cheeky/flirting but quietly confident in yourself that you're not desperate enough to go straight up to them then you've have every means of pulling imo.

You do seem a bit weird to me tbh.
  • Options
    What amuses me most about this thread is he's exactly the type of person he's complaining about.