Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Her friends are too ugly :-(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all,

So a few weeks ago I started dating this girl. We clicked so amazingly well that we slept together on the first night which is unlikely for both of us.

She's very pretty but has a lot of fat/ugly friends. She knows this and admits this, and is maybe the only hot girl I know who has no problem associating with unattractive people, she genuinely doesn't seem to care that they're ugly which doesn't make her look good.

The big problem is so many things I invite her to like my friends birthday parties or clubnights, without asking she'll bring these ugly girls along without asking. It has been incredibly embarrassing and I've been so uncomfortable having to associate with them, especially when group photos are taken that are going to go on Facebook.

But the main problem is my friends have all had a real go at me about this - things like "what the fuck are you playing at?", "You can't be hanging around with ugly girls, your rep will go down the drain", etc. In one case at a nightclub the bouncer didn't let them in for being too ugly and my friend who organised the guestlist got a complaint and he's still fucked off with me.

So I've told her I want to spend time with her alone which she's understood when its things like dinner dates, but a lot of things I go to like house / birthday parties she knows lots of others will be there and anyone invited so she's had no qualms bringing along these fat ugly friends. I don't know how to diplomatically tell her to stop, last time I tried she was like "Well at least I'm not so insecure I can't associate with unattractive people" etc. Maybe she has a point but pretty much everyone I know is exactly the same, we're embarrassed and want nothing to do with them.

I've had the last straw with her after she did it again on Thursday when one of my business clients was at the event, this stuff can really damage my credibility. Just a shame that the girl I've clicked with better than anyone before its had to end on what seems like a trivial matter.

Al

Comments

• Options
    hi tinkler, back already?
  • Options
    alexmck wrote: »
    Hi all,

So a few weeks ago I started dating this girl. We clicked so amazingly well that we slept together on the first night which is unlikely for both of us.

She's very pretty but has a lot of fat/ugly friends. She knows this and admits this, and is maybe the only hot girl I know who has no problem associating with unattractive people, she genuinely doesn't seem to care that they're ugly which doesn't make her look good.

The big problem is so many things I invite her to like my friends birthday parties or clubnights, without asking she'll bring these ugly girls along without asking. It has been incredibly embarrassing and I've been so uncomfortable having to associate with them, especially when group photos are taken that are going to go on Facebook.

But the main problem is my friends have all had a real go at me about this - things like "what the fuck are you playing at?", "You can't be hanging around with ugly girls, your rep will go down the drain", etc. In one case at a nightclub the bouncer didn't let them in for being too ugly and my friend who organised the guestlist got a complaint and he's still fucked off with me.

So I've told her I want to spend time with her alone which she's understood when its things like dinner dates, but a lot of things I go to like house / birthday parties she knows lots of others will be there and anyone invited so she's had no qualms bringing along these fat ugly friends. I don't know how to diplomatically tell her to stop, last time I tried she was like "Well at least I'm not so insecure I can't associate with unattractive people" etc. Maybe she has a point but pretty much everyone I know is exactly the same, we're embarrassed and want nothing to do with them.

I've had the last straw with her after she did it again on Thursday when one of my business clients was at the event, this stuff can really damage my credibility. Just a shame that the girl I've clicked with better than anyone before its had to end on what seems like a trivial matter.

Al

Wow! How shallow are you? One unfortunate car crash and you'll also be one of these 'ugly people' but, unlike the ugly people you refer to now, you'll have a shite personality too. Grow up or just fuck off.
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    Wow! How shallow are you? One unfortunate car crash and you'll also be one of these 'ugly people' but, unlike the ugly people you refer to now, you'll have a shite personality too. Grow up or just fuck off.
    Should I ever become disfigured in a car crash I'm first off to Netherlands for some good ol' euthanasia.

The 'personality' argument I find bollocks. Pretty much everyone I know has the same personality - they're all completely fine to talk to and can be friends with them, nobody stands out vs others as having some amazing personality, hence its only natural things like looks, class, pedigree often come into play when friends circles form.
  • Options
    Hello tinkler :wave:
  • Options
    Maybe if you're not happy with the fact she has "ugly" or "fat" friends you should finish with her before even telling her to get rid of the friends.
  • Options
    pedigree

Poodle.jpg
  • Options

Seems they didn't pass the face control :lol:

Dude, you've got issues. They are her friends, deal with it. If it causes so much trouble to you, leave her. another good advice for you is to cut your balls off to make sure you never.... ever procreate.
  • Options
    Good for her that she isn't listening to your instructions to leave her friends at home. I don't know where you get off, thinking you can date a girl for a couple of weeks and suddenly start controlling her social life. What I recommend is that you grow up and stop being so god-damned superficial, good looks don't last forever (not to mention they are entirely subjective) and this "status" you perceive yourself as having is - in fact - all in your mind.

Sounds like you're better off without her if you can't accept her and the people she loves... god forbid her parents are fat, or her siblings are "ugly". You'd be utterly mortified!

She'd certainly be well shot of you if your relationship criteria include not only a beautiful girlfriend but a bevvy of beauties surrounding her so your Facebook pictures impress people who you are supposed to be your friends... how narcissistic can you get? Pretty pitiful, really.
  • Options
    If I turn out to be wrong I'll go into more detail about why what you've posted seems so completely off the mark for this website, but there is enough information to believe this account is being used by a previous banned user. So the account is closed and I can't see any reason for this thread to stay open.
This discussion has been closed.