Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Could I be gay?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ive never been out with a guy before but i know that I donit have any sexual attraction to any females even girls like angelina jolie. When i see a hot guy im attracted to him. im worried i might be gay. i never want to do anything with a guy but think I probably will because of the attraction. What should I do?

Comments

• Options
    it sounds a bit like you might be
  • Options
    Yeah, it is possibility you might be - but you should try not to worry about that. It's perfectly natural.
  • Options
    i dont want to be gay
  • Options
    There's nothing wrong with whatever you decide to do!

Bit of info here on thesite.
  • Options
    Everyone has a deep down thing to look at other people, for instance some guys who are happily married like to look at other mens penises, but it's a deep down thing.

I would think nothing of it. But you don't have to look at angelina jolie and get an instant erection.
  • Options
    its weird and confusing
  • Options
    findingout wrote: »
    i dont want to be gay
    It must be confusing time, especially if what youd always thought your life was going to be like, it turns out it might not be that after all, but its absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. Theres plenty of gay people on the site and im sure some will identify with maybe not feeling that happy about it at first.
    As long as you stay true to yourself, its a good start.

Is there anything specific that worries you about it? Telling your parents for instance?
  • Options
    my biggest worry is i might be gay
  • Options
    Don't worry about it, Just get on with your normal 'life' and see what happens.

If you have a real urge to go over to another guy and drop to your knees, well you need to masturbate more!
  • Options
    my biggest worry is i might be gay

I'm gay and so I can understand what you are saying - however, if you are indeed 'gay', you have as much chance wishing yourself to be 'not gay', as you have for wishing you had a bigger penis. Being gay is what I am - and I have learnt to accept and love myself, regardless of how others might judge me because of my sexuality.

By reading your post, it seems to me that you may be young? Like under 18? If so, don't rush out there now and pigeon-hole your sexuality - whether straight, bi or gay. Live life a bit more ... and as you discover your true self, you will become more self-accepting to whoever and whatever you are. :)
  • Options
    ^ Don't know what things were like in your day (ha), But if you were to come out with that, everyone would treat you weird, When your about 18, People accept because they are mature.
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote: »
    ^ Don't know what things were like in your day (ha), But if you were to come out with that, everyone would treat you weird, When your about 18, People accept because they are mature.

Come out with what? I don't understand ... ? :)
  • Options
    If he was to admit to the world that he think's he is gay (Him being young we guess) Won't go down in his school well. :)
  • Options
    If you're gay, you spend pretty much your whole life coming out because people are usually conditioned in to viewing others automatically as straight.

Whatever age you are, you're always going to experience bigotry. I think some people just don't grow out of that and live their life stuck in their ways.

As for school... Kids can be cruel, they will look for reasons to pick on others and many still will. Despite the repeal of Section 28 (which was a law that prohibited the teaching and promotion of same sex relationships), people are still stuck within the mentality of the values their parents put in to them and still haven't had the chance to grow up and view the world themselves.

However, whether or not somebody is gay, straight, bisexual, polyamorous, asexual or any other orientation, it isn't anybody's business. It doesn't have to be yelled off the roof tops and it most certainly is nothing to be ashamed of. You can accept something and be selective with who you tell, or just wait until the right time.
  • Options
    i dont want to be gay

So don't "be gay".

Why not just "be you"?
  • Options
    If he was to admit to the world that he think's he is gay (Him being young we guess) Won't go down in his school well. :)

Oh I see! :)

I agree .. it's probably not worth the hassle of 'coming out' while at still at school.
  • Options
    But what if he want's a good old seeing too ;)
  • Options
    well you were the one who suggested he didnt.

whats your point?
  • Options
    But what if he want's a good old seeing too ;)

In that case, my bedroom is thataway!
    > :hyper:

p.s. You too, CoolMe! Hehehehe ...
  • Options
    I don't bend that way :)

Thanks for the offer - lol
  • Options
    I don't bend that way :)

Thanks for the offer - lol

Oh you misunderstand .. it wasn't a request! ;)
  • Options
    *Sneaks away*
  • Options
    is this really the appropriate time to make immature gay jokes coolme? - in someone elses thread where they are genuinely confused
  • Options
    Right well im a young girl in high school, and over the summer everyone found out about me and my girlfriend. and everyone has been totally accepting,except for some younger kids who jst dont understand. so dont be so stereotyped that all kids are goin to be cruel about it. you shouldnt care what anyone else thinks. coming out has been the best thing ive ever done and im so much happier now.
  • Options
    That's really cool to hear, and you're right that not everyone will be cruel. But people are very varied and a lot of my gay friends had real trouble at school so it's always worth being a bit careful.
  • Options
    I think it's more accepting for girls, because guy's like it, but on the other hand, with guys, guy's don't like it and girls accept it.

EDIT

I was not the only person playing 'the immature jokes here'
  • Options
    I've been in this same situation before, don't stress over it, you'll make it harder to make a decision on it. Your sexuality can change at any time of your life span, by next year you never know, you might find women attractive.

go speak to a counceller if you must. But let it be a long term decision. Took me about 3/4 years to accept it.

(Plus, about coming out, don't worry about that, no one should have to 'come out'.)

I've known for about 4/5 years now, I'm still not out. I've only told my friends (Because they asked me, not because I needed to.) about a year ago, if that.
  • Options
    There's nothing wrong with being gay. Although if you're still young (in school I mean) then it may be best not to come out.

However I'm straight but I never find Angelina Jolie that hot. Definatley not INstant Erection worthy. That's reserved for Megan Fox.
  • Options
    ive never been out with a guy before but i know that I donit have any sexual attraction to any females even girls like angelina jolie. When i see a hot guy im attracted to him. im worried i might be gay. i never want to do anything with a guy but think I probably will because of the attraction. What should I do?

You sounds like one. But It's just it's not a sin to be gay? :)
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    By reading your post, it seems to me that you may be young? Like under 18? If so, don't rush out there now and pigeon-hole your sexuality - whether straight, bi or gay. Live life a bit more ... and as you discover your true self, you will become more self-accepting to whoever and whatever you are. :)

This really. I was confused at times and I guess sometimes still think about it and the best thing to do is just not label yourself as gay or straight or bi or whatever. Just go out with who you like, hang out as mates or go on dates or whatever. When you get a bit more settled and a bit more 'sure' of yourself then hopefully you wont feel as confused.

One of my friends was kind of the same, now he goes to gay clubs on nights out but brings along this girl he likes so he's a predicament in himself. I think he fancies boys but has a big soft spot in his heart for this girl. As time goes on though things for everyone seems to clear up and life makes a bit more sense.