Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Watches

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do you wear a watch? Is it everyday or on special occasions? :)

Poppi

Comments

• Options
    I wear a watch at work as most of the clocks around work are running at different times and its important I'm not late for things.

I hardly ever wear a watch other than that, mostly cos I have my phone on me and use that to see the time.
  • Options
    I always wear a watch, have my chunky outdoors/compass/altimeter one I wear pretty much all day, and swap that for a dressy one if I'm dressing up.

Have an amazing tan line from it as basically only take it off in the shower.
  • Options
    I have three. One which is a Pulsar kinetic with a burgundy coloured leather strap which I use for everyday. It's about 5 years old. The 2nd one is for outdoor activites like sailing and that's made by Nite; has highly luminous hands, the Nite having a blue plastic strap. The other watch though, is a special which was a combined 18th birthday present from my loving family. It's a Breitling.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I always have one when leaving home; I'd be lost without it, as I have no sense of time. Without a watch it would be impossible to tell how much time has passed...
  • Options
    I don't have one but I wish I did :(
  • Options

Poppi

Yes. Yes I do. However I don't tend to wear it at weekends.
  • Options
    I always wear one. It's a small silver everyday one I bought from Oasis a few years ago. I feel lost if I forget it for any reason. Doesn't stop me being late for stuff a lot of the time though...
  • Options
    Never wear one. Always seem to break/lose 'em.
  • Options
    I have a silver Storm watch that I wear all the time, with a pink and black face. If I'm going somewhere really super dressy (like when I've been to balls) I don't wear it as it isn't very delicate and I could just look at my phone as I usually have a clutch bag with it in at that type of thing.
  • Options
    Don't wear my watch, just got out of the habit - probably because of the usage of my mobile instead of a watch. Though I am quite impressed as its a Fossil one I chose when I was 16 or 17, and I have to say that 5-6 years on I still reckon I chose well.
    But at the moment I am lusting for ceramic Rado watch. As its £850 I am going to buy it off the first paycheck that will allow me to do so :)
  • Options
    I don't wear one and haven't since I was about 8. I've got my phone if I ever need the time.
  • Options
    i have a cheap indestructable casio watch that cost me £7
  • Options
    I have 2 watches but never wear them.
  • Options
    I've got a basic pulsar one that has lasted me for about seven years (and probabaly that many batteries!) It dainty enough to wear out in the evenings as well. I hardly ever leave the house without wearing it.
  • Options
    I don't wear a watch but I do own two. A nice lion king one and a kiddy plastic one I got out of a box of cereal thats neon green with shrek.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I have three. A fancy Silver one for special occasions, a standard watch I wear most days and I also have a corporate GPS watch that self corrects to accurate time for use in my part time job.
  • Options
    I have a Casio G-shock which I wear all the time. I've had it nearly 8 years and it's never failed me.
  • Options
    This is my watch. My father gave it to me to my 20th birthday if I remember correctly. I don't wear it daily, but from time to time. It's more like an accessory, cuz usually I check the time on my cell ;D

I like it much tho.

Maybe one day I'll possess a Breitling for 16k euro ;p
  • Options
    I couldn't leave the house without my watch on. It's like, another limb - I feel lost without it.

It's my Marc Jacobs pride n' joy!.
  • Options
    yeah i wear mine aall the time. night and day :) i feel bare without it!!

i currently have a fossil one that my dad got me for christmas. i usually tend to get a new one every year/2 years tho because i scratch them so badly (falling over whilst drunk :rolleyes: )
  • Options
    I love my watch, it's automatic which is good unless I forget to wear it for a day and it loses time!
  • Options
    I hate it if I forget to put my watch on. I spend all day looking at my wrist and realising I don't have it. I only have one Tissot one that I bought with money from my 18th birthday. I figured a watch is one of those things where you can afford to spend a bit of money, because you only really need one.
  • Options
    I don't wear one and haven't since I was about 8. I've got my phone if I ever need the time.

Here here! I'm like that

Well I've never liked watches - Ive got a £££ That tells me the time, why would i need a ££ watch? lol:razz:
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote: »
    Here here! I'm like that

Well I've never liked watches - Ive got a £££ That tells me the time, why would i need a ££ watch? lol:razz:

I've got a ££ that is better than my £££ which does ££ but it can't do £££ like my ££ can do :p
  • Options
    Maybe I should see this ££ ;)
  • Options
    You can even borrow my ££ ;)
  • Options
    I dont get why people would want to use their phones to tell the time, watches are much nicer. (I'm really not a big phone user, my mobile sits in the bottom of my bag most of the time)
  • Options

Poppi

I recently changed the battery in my watch all by myself without mucking anything up!!! :)

I basically have two watches one plastic and black (and waterproof) the other metal and shiney .. not a believer in expensive watches.
  • Options
    I got given one for my 18th and was wearing it all the time, till the battery died and I never got round to replacing the battery. It's not a bit rusted, but it was a definite help when I had it on!

When I'm on the wards I find my fob watch so handy and miss it when I don't have it on!
  • Options
    I wear mine all the time, except for when I'm in bed, in water, or doing sport