You may be asked to reset your password when you try to login. This is part of a system update and is genuine, so it's safe to go ahead and do that. If you no longer have access to the email address you used to register, please email us at [email protected] rather than creating a new account. Apologies for the inconvenience.

New mother/baby gifts

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
Help!
I've been put in charge of buying a present for a girl in work who's just had her first baby (a girl). The mother is a friend of mine and we've collected about £55 for her, but I'm really struggling with what to buy. I wanted to get her one of those hampers, but can't find one I like - I want one that has stuff for the baby AND the mum, preferably with chocolate and champagne included, but the nice ones are all too expensive :banghead: I can't get baby clothes as she's already bought ridiculous amounts of them...what can I buy for the mum and baby that have everything?!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    http://www.mamamio2.com/finals/amazing.html

Plus a book on what on earth your supposed to do with a baby - small babys don't really do much so there isn't much point buying toys - but you could get something suitable. Though i personally hate most children's toys so i'd be really annoyed if i ever had a baby and someone bought me somethign i didn't think was suitable...........
    I think mothercare vouchers or something like that
    Yeah that's what I was thinking. If I get Mothercare vouchers for, say, £40, I could buy some flowers and chocolates with the rest of the cash and just give them all together so it looks a bit more fancy. Wyetry that stuff on the website looks gorgeous, I might get her some of that as a separate present from me :thumb:
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    Yeah that's what I was thinking. If I get Mothercare vouchers for, say, £40, I could buy some flowers and chocolates with the rest of the cash and just give them all together so it looks a bit more fancy.

Thats a great idea :)
    I think http://www.hotelchocolat.co.uk/New-Baby-Discovery-Box-P350009/ is really nice, then maybe a nice bottle of wine or some flowers and something little extra for baby, or some vouchers :)
    presents for a new mum

A mate of mine was delighted to be bought some posh new knickers to celebrate no longer wearing maternity gear!