Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

New mother/baby gifts

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Help!
I've been put in charge of buying a present for a girl in work who's just had her first baby (a girl). The mother is a friend of mine and we've collected about £55 for her, but I'm really struggling with what to buy. I wanted to get her one of those hampers, but can't find one I like - I want one that has stuff for the baby AND the mum, preferably with chocolate and champagne included, but the nice ones are all too expensive :banghead: I can't get baby clothes as she's already bought ridiculous amounts of them...what can I buy for the mum and baby that have everything?!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    http://www.mamamio2.com/finals/amazing.html

Plus a book on what on earth your supposed to do with a baby - small babys don't really do much so there isn't much point buying toys - but you could get something suitable. Though i personally hate most children's toys so i'd be really annoyed if i ever had a baby and someone bought me somethign i didn't think was suitable...........
    I think mothercare vouchers or something like that
    Yeah that's what I was thinking. If I get Mothercare vouchers for, say, £40, I could buy some flowers and chocolates with the rest of the cash and just give them all together so it looks a bit more fancy. Wyetry that stuff on the website looks gorgeous, I might get her some of that as a separate present from me :thumb:
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    Yeah that's what I was thinking. If I get Mothercare vouchers for, say, £40, I could buy some flowers and chocolates with the rest of the cash and just give them all together so it looks a bit more fancy.

Thats a great idea :)
    I think http://www.hotelchocolat.co.uk/New-Baby-Discovery-Box-P350009/ is really nice, then maybe a nice bottle of wine or some flowers and something little extra for baby, or some vouchers :)
    presents for a new mum

A mate of mine was delighted to be bought some posh new knickers to celebrate no longer wearing maternity gear!