Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

people with disobedient dogs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I go around someone's house and as soon as I walk through the door, their dog is all over me. Jumping up, getting its paws on me. I get to a chair and sit down and the dog is still on me, trying to get on my lap and in my face. And what does it's owner do? She says 'oh don't mind him, he's just being friendly'. Well FUCK YOU and fuck your stupid dog! I disagree with cruelty to animals but I do NOT want your stupid fucking creature trying to bury its nose up my arse the moment I turn around! I don't want its fucking paw prints or fur all over my trousers. And all you can do is say ''he's just being friendly''?? People like you don't deserve to own a dog if you can't control the fucking thing!

Comments

• Options
    I feel much better now. Thank you for allow the release...
  • Options
    haha, yeah I agree it's rather annoying. I don't mind dogs but I don't want them jumping on me either.
  • Options
    Quite simple solution.

Don't go round.

We have a dog who is generally well behaved, but occasionally gets over excited and a bit over friendly towards people. A firm push away and 'No' or 'Down' will usually calm him a lot but I wouldn't want to see him down trodden to the extent that he never gets bouncy when he's excited.
  • Options
    To me, telling off someone's dog is like telling off someone's child - I feel uncomfortable with that as it's not my place to do it. She's a mate and I like going around there but her attitude is 'this is my house, this is how things are done here'. A valid point had Fred West not used a similar argument.
  • Options
    yea fella i get stuff off has 2 mad dogs they like 2 fuckin ponies all over ya when you sit down, annoyin as fuck

my dog gets excited around people but he pisses off and tries to get attention elsewhere if you ignore him, just bein friendly

like someone else said, prefer a dog with a bit of life instead of some borin aul cunt that lies in the corner all day
  • Options
    dont go round if you dont like the dog tbh.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I don't like getting licked by dogs, so it annoys me when a dog wants to do it.

Except the one time that it just made me laugh: I'd just got on a bus and I felt something cold on my elbow, I turned around and saw a little dog head coming out of a lady's handbag. :D
  • Options
    Quite simple solution.

Don't go round.

We have a dog who is generally well behaved, but occasionally gets over excited and a bit over friendly towards people. A firm push away and 'No' or 'Down' will usually calm him a lot but I wouldn't want to see him down trodden to the extent that he never gets bouncy when he's excited.
    This.

My dog is perfectly well-behaved, but she loves people and whenever she sees somebody new or someone she hasn't seen in a long time she'll jump on them and try and lick them, because she gets excited. I can understand why you don't like it, but just because the dog get excited doesn't make it disobedient.
  • Options
    It can be annoying but it doesn't mean the dog is disobedient.

I'm currently on placement with the district nurses and the community matron and it c an be annoying when people don't stop their dogs and cats jumping all over you, especially when you're trying to bandage someones leg :rolleyes:
  • Options
    my dog is like a cat ^^

completely mute and no hesitant moves :p
  • Options
    My parents dogs are both like this, but they will lay down if they're told to.
  • Options
    At home, when my dog is sniffing and jumping over new people in the house we tell the dog to get down. We don't tell the visitor to tell them - how akward would that make someone feel.
  • Options
    We have two very playful dogs that get a little excited when visitors first come in the house. All we ask is that if the person is uncomfortable or the dog is climbing all over them then a firm 'no' from the visitor will do in most cases and if it doesn't this is when we will step in and say 'no'.
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    My parents dogs are both like this, but they will lay down if they're told to.

How long did it take you to train your parents to do this ?
  • Options
    Agree with the OP, I feel exactly the same! It actually puts me off going to some of my friend's houses because they have dogs which just will not leave me alone. I'm terrified of them, everyone knows this, yet they don't do anything to get the creature away from me. At one particular friend's house the dog even stalks me to the toilet and waits outside the door for me and then is all over me again as soon as I step out.

I just think it is inconsiderate because fair enough, some people love dogs and don't mind having dogs lick their face etc. but if I had a cat for example and had a friend that was terrified of cats I would make sure it was kept well away from them. It is a shame though that it makes you feel so reluctant to go to some people's houses and see them just because of their dog, and it then seems like they are always making all the effort coming round to you and stuff.
  • Options
    Yeah, the dog next door used to be overly aggressive, but they just said he was being 'friendly'.

Now that dog sees a cut from every ounce of heroin that comes into Britain. I would go next door and say I told you so but the dog got both of them hooked and forced them into prostitution to pay for the smack.
  • Options
    I don't usually mind dogs, having one myself, but my friends got a young boxer and it's out of control, bouncing off the walls, leaping up on the sofa, slopping all over your clothes. It annoys me when they just laugh and encourage it. Nothing worse than dog drool and paw prints all over your clothes. It gave me a massive bruise on my leg once when it was running about at the end of june that's only just gone down, you can still see the outline on it!
  • Options
    Just be grateful it's not chewing your arm off
  • Options
    ButtonMoon wrote: »
    We have two very playful dogs that get a little excited when visitors first come in the house. All we ask is that if the person is uncomfortable or the dog is climbing all over them then a firm 'no' from the visitor will do in most cases

Do you have any idea how awkward this make people feel?
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit

My dog gets excited. Any strangers and I will tell my dog to behave. Any of my mates then they know it's up to them to brush the dog off or tell it to get down.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    A friend of a friend has a rottweiller that is as soft as fuck, but jumps at folk and tries to lick them ALL the bloody time, me included. 'Friendly' maybe, but annoying? Most fucking definitely. I don't want dog paws either, not on my pricey Fred Perry tee, and especially not when I'm about to head off to a pub full of the opposite sex.

Usually I don't mind dogs at all, though they're an occupational hazard in my current line of work!
  • Options
    I would like a dog like that. But I'm like a dog myself in that I need constant love and attention, I just lack the courage to jump and lick people. I get all sad when dogs get bored with me and move onto somebody else so I'd die of happiness for that needy hyper dog.
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    My dog gets excited. Any strangers and I will tell my dog to behave. Any of my mates then they know it's up to them to brush the dog off or tell it to get down.
    yeah that. If I go somewhere and the dog is being annoying just push it away firmly but not hurting it or anything or say "down"/give it some fuss so it goes away or something.
  • Options

dont go round their house then tbh.

Id understand if you were living somewhere and your housemate had a dog and you couldnt get away from it, but if its someone elses house and their pet, then dont go round. Its got nothing to do with you.
  • Options
    I don't mind when a dog jumps up cos they're only saying hello and normally once you've made a bit of a fuss they get bored, but if they're making the person uncomfortable or scared then they should be made to get down, or put in another room or outside

I've had dogs jumping on me and pulling my clothes with their nails and ruining them but the owner wouldn't do anything and although I was pushing it off my clothes were getting holes pulled in them. I thought that was pretty rude

I think its pretty shit when people have dogs that always bark at people and snap round their ankles but they just laugh because that's not funny being bitten!
  • Options
    I'm pretty amazed how many think the solution is to not go round. It is hardly difficult to contain the dog when visitors enter the house. After all, the owner is the 'boss dog', not the visitor.
  • Options
    dont go round their house then tbh.

Id understand if you were living somewhere and your housemate had a dog and you couldnt get away from it, but if its someone elses house and their pet, then dont go round. Its got nothing to do with you.

Completely disagree. Utter bollocks, and quite lacking respect for any guests you might have.

It's quite easy to tell when somebody is uncomfortable with a dog jumping up on them etc, and even easier to tell the dog to behave. If the guests are on for a play with the dog, then it's up to them to tell the dog to chill when they're done.
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    This.

I will tell my dog to get down from people who are new and haven't been to our house before, but anyone else walks into my house knowing what she is like. All she wants is a stroke and a bit of fuss anyway.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    This.

I will tell my dog to get down from people who are new and haven't been to our house before, but anyone else walks into my house knowing what she is like. All she wants is a stroke and a bit of fuss anyway.

What happens once its had a stroke and a fuss and won't give up, and shoves its nose up your mates' arse when they stand up or turn around? Are you going to do anything about it then?
  • Options
    g_angel wrote: »
    Completely disagree. Utter bollocks, and quite lacking respect for any guests you might have.

Best post of the thread.....