Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Echinacea

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone take this?

I've been recommended to take it, as I've just started a three week placement in a school, feel run down and feel of cold.

I've been told that it isn't for long term use, but I'm guessing that the remaining two weeks will be ok?

Thankyou.

Comments

• Options
    I've tried it and it was useless for me, but my flatmate swears by it, so I guess its different for everyone.

Last time I felt run down and cold-ish, my mum suggested metatone. Its a tonic from Boots and I found that quite effective. Tastes foul but you get used to that.
  • Options
    I've never taken it as a suppliment, but I do drink quite a lot of the twinnings raspberry and echinacea tea and especially round when I feel myself coming down with something. It's been a long time since I've had anything worse than a bit of a cough and blocked nostrils when I wake up...can only put it down to that really.
  • Options
    Thankyou. My friend said it didn't help her either, so fingers crossed it works! I'll definately try the tea, I love herbal or fruit teas!
  • Options
    I took it from the end of September when I felt the first winter cold coming on till about February or January. I'm always just so sick and nasty all winter long, I catch everybodies sickness and it sucks. I didn't catch one persons cold and I was generally healthy all winter it was a life saver to me!

Another option, my dad just raves about, is olive leaf. It is also an immunity booster and he thinks its just the best thing ever. He's a big sicky like me and it has kept him quite healthy as well.
  • Options
    i always take echinacea if ive been around someone with a cold, and it usually means i dont catch it