Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

what group do u belong to?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    repeating what ever other people are saying, but who follows that stuff these days?

i used to be a full on goth, and HATED being goth...these days i'm punk/50's glamour girl/hippy-and i have full right to use that term being an ex-glastonburyian/goth depending on what is clean and how i feel...

WTF?!

So you don't follow that stuff, yet you went on to label yourself various things, claiming you have 'full right' to use a term?!?! :eek2:
  • Options
    I just wear what I like and what suits me.
  • Options
    ButtonMoon wrote: »
    I just wear what I like and what suits me.

So do the majority of people, but they still end up in a 'group'.
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote: »
    So do the majority of people, but they still end up in a 'group'.

Well some days I will wear a hoody and baggy jeans, another day floaty skirt and cami top, then maybe a shirt with some jeans, a dress and a cardi, linen trousers and tee. Now that really does not fit into a group. I fucking hate it when you are told that you have to fit into a group. Obviously the more extreme dress styles stand out, but most people do not!!
  • Options
    I'm casual/sporty. Nothing that stands out from the crowd, you get to a certain age where you know what you like but don't make too much of an effort to let others know what you like. 'Nuff said.
  • Options
    i didnt think i had a style.. but i have thought and i have 2..
    no 1 = when im well (i.e not got a cold) i wear girly stuff
    and no2 = wen im ill - i.e a cold/hungover/ period pains its usually a hoody and velour tracksuit bottoms so nice and comfortable but wouldnt want anyone to see me dead in it as i look well silly.
  • Options
    i dont even consider how i dress to be any group or style anymore. I used to when i was about 16 or so, it was a majorly big deal back then as it always is. But now, whilst i still wear pretty much the same things (baggy jeans, smart arse t-shirts, skate shoes, etc) i just think of it as the way i happen to look as opposed to some kind of statement of belonging to any particular clique or something.
  • Options
    I'm alternative. I'm a bit goth, glamour, 50's, tailored, designer, black, leopard print and corsetting. If anyone was to call me a name, I'd prefer rock chick or something like it; goth seems to be too cliche these days; I don't do black lace, or velvet, but I do like black hair, tattoos, piercings and off the shoulderness of being a rocker. Hmmm....
    I can't be arsed to fight the pigeon hole-ing, it happens and tbh as long as you're comfy being who/what you are, who cares.
  • Options
    I just wear what i feel comfortable in really, not belonging to any group, all depends what mood i'm in or how i'm feeling
  • Options
    I used to be a b-girl but am definitely not any more. I wear just casual stuff but they do say at work that I dress a bit flamboyantly camp... whatever that means.

I understand all the 'who cares' stuff but at the same time I LOVED being a b-girl and feeling like I belonged to a group of people with similar tastes and interests, who I could recognise in the street or a club and I dunno, just that sense of belonging, like pride in your uniform. I was talking about this just last night with a friend who's going to join the army and I am jealous of how she will soon belong to a 'group'. I dunno, it completely totally doesn't matter at all but at the same time it does feel nice.
  • Options
    Machine ;)
  • Options
    in my day (7 years ago), you could put some people in college into a few boxes.

goths
    scallys

everyone else (the majority) was known as dave or sarah or something similar.
  • Options
    I'm not sure if there is an group for me, I'm just a bit more sporty looking (my physique helps there). Sometimes I wear shirts with just two buttons closed in the middle and a sleeveless undershirt underneath (seems you brits call it "vest"...). Sometimes t-shirts, sometimes poloshirts.

Slowly I'm going away from my baggy pants (rather old, half ragged sir benni miles etc), zip-up hoodies etc, but I still love them.
  • Options
    Nothing really, but there's some indie/mod touches in my style. Indeed everyone tells me I look like a young Paul Weller...

But generally, I do have a soft spot for my retro-style stuff. :)
  • Options
    wanker :)