Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

what group do u belong to?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Based on ur style what group like emo, goth, indie, skate, punk, old biddy, scene kid etc do u class urself as?

me personally, i'm sort of a mix between emo, indie and skater :D
at least its not a mixture of chav and emo
:hyper:

Comments

• Options
    I am in the not-in-a-class class.

It's all bollocks anyway.
  • Options
    I'm not any of those, I've never thought of myself as being defined into a group like that.

btw what is a scene kid? my sister was complaining about them but I have no idea what they are! hehe.
  • Options
    I'm not any of those, I've never thought of myself as being defined into a group like that.

btw what is a scene kid? my sister was complaining about them but I have no idea what they are! hehe.

Circulation-stopping skinny jeans, dragged through a bush hair and too much black eyeliner I think. Kind of like an emo-extreme. I could be totally wrong though! I'm not down with the kids :no:
  • Options
    is that like russel brand? haha I'm so old!
  • Options
    Yea I was wondering what exactly scene was too, I thought it was kinda like they dress in Skins but a bit more extreme. But I may be totally wrong!
  • Options
    everyones unique, myself included, hence i dont have a tag.
  • Options
    curly_boy wrote: »
    Based on ur style what group like emo, goth, indie, skate, punk, old biddy, scene kid etc do u class urself as?

Old biddy :lol: Guess I'd have to put myself in this category...at 27 I'm definitely too old to be a "scene kid"...

Seriously though, I don't think I, my boyfriend or any of my friends fall into any particular group/category based on our style. Does that make us style-less?
  • Options
    I'd say I'm in the hippy-rockabilly-burlesque-charity shop-sailor-pyjamas type group. My clothes tend to switch between 50s burlesque style (because that's what I do for a living) and hippy/boho-with-a-touch-of-street style. Categories are lame and boring.
  • Options
    Ooh, you do burlesque for a living? That's so cool! I'm in the middle of an introductory burlesque course and love it, only wish I had the talent and confidence to do it for a living. How did you get into it?

(Sorry, I seem to be derailing the thread somewhat, but I'm interested!)
  • Options
    geek :cool:
  • Options
    Country Chic? Scruffbag during the day? Horsey Chick? Shit i don't have a group, never have. :thumb:
  • Options
    Do people use these terms in all seriousness? Please tell me kids dont describe themselves as EMO.

I used to be with 'it' then they changed what 'it' was, and now what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me, it will happen to all of you too.
  • Options
    The "I'm no longer at school so don't feel the need to categorise people by what group they are in" group.
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    Do people use these terms in all seriousness? Please tell me kids dont describe themselves as EMO.

I used to be with 'it' then they changed what 'it' was, and now what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me, it will happen to all of you too.

I read an article on the BBC recently that teh EMO's were planning on marching on central london.

I used to be what was broadly labled "alternative" - mixture of goth/rocker/grunge/skater/indy kid/technoy - errr i have no idea what i am now - but definatly not "Trendy".
  • Options
    i fit into the "chuck whatever is on the floor in the morning and doesnt smell or have vomit down the front" camp these days.
  • Options
    actually thats an exaggeration. i dont tend to wear clothes two days running because they ALWAYS have vomit down them at the end of the day.

I just dressed like a hassled mum unfortunately. Jeans/combats and Tshirt/vest is my uniform
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »
    I read an article on the BBC recently that teh EMO's were planning on marching on central london.

Marching for what? I have absolutely no idea what they stand for.
  • Options

http://blog.wired.com/underwire/2008/03/anti-emo-riots.html

Pahahaha
  • Options

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7425450.stm

It was so funny it made me laugh - mind you i recon i could accidentally dress as an emo one day - eek

ETA - i love the comments by all the mums at the end saying that thier emo children are lovely - i seem to recall it was the same argument in my day with boys with long hair (i.e. they might look scary but acutally are all sweeties)
  • Options
    I see, they seem harmless enough, though MCR really are dire.
  • Options
    I see, they seem harmless enough, though MCR really are dire.

I can wind one of my guides up realllly easily by saying that MCR are Emo and she gets all upset!
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »

i read that article and i have alot of emo friends and i think that that is completly unfair on them

i also forgot to put that i also most days wear whatever comes to hand first, and stuff that doesn't smell :D
  • Options
    fair play to them for standing up for something they believe in.
  • Options
    O_o wrote: »
    fair play to them for standing up for something they believe in.

:yes:

I wont say what I think of the Daily Hate Mails attitude on emos, self harm etc, too many swear words.
  • Options
    repeating what ever other people are saying, but who follows that stuff these days?

i used to be a full on goth, and HATED being goth...these days i'm punk/50's glamour girl/hippy-and i have full right to use that term being an ex-glastonburyian/goth depending on what is clean and how i feel...

i think once you turn 17/18 people lose the tags...they have no purpose other than segregation and starting fights
  • Options
    Oh I have no clue! Call Me a Heinz.
  • Options
    I've always been told I was a bit homley. If I lived in the 50's I could have been a greaser... if I was male... except my pants are long enough to cover my socks.
  • Options
    Glam/sleaze.
  • Options
    I would say I was a grunger..... oh wait that's about ten years out of date hehehe.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I'm a cunt! :D
    Weekender Offender