Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Spray Tan

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm having a spray tan today and I haven't a clue what to expect!

I know I need to exfoliate beforehand and someone said not to shave 48 hours before, is that true?

Is there anything else I should/shouldn't do?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    I had it done. Can someone please tell me that I won't be as dark or orange once I have had a bath and that it will even out a little!? :nervous:
  • Options
    Nope you should be fine after a shower :)
  • Options
    Glittery wrote: »
    Nope you should be fine after a shower :)

Thank God! She missed a bit on my face! So I am brown with a white bit where my fringe is, good job it can be covered but I am hoping a bit of make up will make it less obvious.
  • Options
    It just (literally) washes off onto a flannel or something in the shower - don't worry!
  • Options
    Panic over! I've had a bath and it now looks lovely! :D Bring on the holiday!
  • Options
    what are you planning to do about shaving your legs before you go/when you're on holiday?
    i'm in a bit of a panic, cos shaving will take the tan off, but reluctant to get a wax as i can't stand the thought of growing the hair before!
    what do you think?
  • Options
    I'm just going to have to go ahead and shave. I probably will Friday morning when I will be out for the day properly. I think I read somewhere that if you use a clean sharp razor it shouldn't affect it as much. There isn't really much you can do I don't think :(
  • Options
    I really don't understand it right. You're going away (I presume abroad) for what, at least a week right. It's June and it's going to be decent weather and you will tan.

Why get a fake tan before and not let yourself tan naturely on your hols?
  • Options
    *Ashley* wrote: »
    I really don't understand it right. You're going away (I presume abroad) for what, at least a week right. It's June and it's going to be decent weather and you will tan.

Because I burn. I don't tan, and if I did it would take forever. I want to feel confident when I wear a bikini for once.
  • Options

:shocking: cancercancercancercancercancer:shocking:

I'm pretty pale and I always fake tan before I go on holiday. That way I'm less luminous on the beach when I arrive and I can slap on the factor 30 and avoid chemotherapy without people mistaking me for a lightbulb.
  • Options
    :shocking: cancercancercancercancercancer:shocking:

I'm pretty pale and I always fake tan before I go on holiday. That way I'm less luminous on the beach when I arrive and I can slap on the factor 30 and avoid chemotherapy without people mistaking me for a lightbulb.

I do the same I really don't tan easily so get a spray tan done. I'd rather spend £30 on a spray tan than use the sunbeds for a few weeks before hand and damage my skin!
  • Options

Some people don't have the inbetween. Some of us are fortunate enough to go straight from ghost to beetroot in a matter of hours.
  • Options
    ive seen some people turn orange and others look great
  • Options
    Don't have baths have showers.

The bath makes it come off quicker.

And moisturise your whole body every day
  • Options
    How long do spray tans normally last then?
  • Options
    2 weeks ish.

Depends on your skin and how you look after it.
  • Options
    They generally last 7-11 days depending on if you moiusturise etc.