Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Thierry Henry!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I was reading an article in the Telegraph by Lineker about Henry and the game.

He reckons that it's a bit ominous that Henry is waiting so long to say what he is going to do.
He says that if Henry was staying that the best way he could announce that was before the game tomorrow and give a lift to all the players and supporters...

My opinion is that Henry has run out of challenges in the Premiership.
He's won everything but the Champions League. He's broken records....
It's time to move on and take the next step.

If he does move to Barca, that would be awesome to watch!!
I think Wenger knows that Henry is going too.

What do you guys think, esp the Gooners, you'd be gutted something big, no?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    If he went i would of course be gutted! He's a massive player for him and you can't really replace. Sure we can buy another striker to replace the hole left but no one can match what Henry has.

I mean i think if he knew he was going to stay he would of signed ages ago. People say that if we win the Chmapions League he may stay but i dunno if that will even be enough. If he does then he's won all he can with Arsenal and achieved all he can.

I hope he stays so much. Maybe with the chance to lead the club out at the new stadium and with a young talented squad behind him that could spur him on to stay. I pray he stays and it will be a nervous wait to see what he decides.
  • Options
    I think he's waiting to see what he can get, but it'll be interesting to see if he stays or if he goes.

I don't think he'll leave, but I could be surprised.
  • Options
    Gut feeling - I think he's off.

I remember a few years back he used to keep saying how he never wanted to leave (same as Vieira did IIRC) but you can tell he's genuinely torn.

Tomorrow night won't make much difference, I think he could well see it all as a good time to sign off, end of Highbury etc.

Hope I'm wrong.
  • Options
    Absolutely gutted if Henry leave's us. He is irreplacable. I reckon he should stay with the gunners and the most important reason for this is that Chelsea are now walking all over the premiership [what is starting to seem like season after season] and it's giving all the other teams a far better opposition to play against and making the league far more competetive which is only a plus for English football even if i do wholeheartedly hate that lot of scum. The english league is the best in the world right now.

and the thing is .. if Henry leaves he wouldnt be the only one. Bergkamp is retiring now which will leave Arsenal very short of class strikers up front. Adebayor needs time to settle and get used to the fluid free flowing way they play [when playing at their best]. Sure they have Reyes and V Persie but they ar eboth left sided players. Wer Thierry to leave i would expect as im sure most gunners fans would, a world class striker of similar calibre to be brought in and from what ive been reading that player could very well just be Fernando Torres whom is certainly a player i would love to see at the Emirates Stadium next season. Torres and if Henry stayed, up front.... just imagine the sexy football.

oh dear i think i'm getting ahead of myself :(
  • Options
    If he doesn't go now, then he soon will.

TBH if a player of ours acted like that then I would want him out. You are either committed are you're not.
  • Options
    Still wanting drugs cheat Rio out then?
  • Options
    I don't think he was considering leaving, I think he wanted more cash.
  • Options
    fuck sake - it's a big decision. It's not about commitment to a club, it's about his own personal future innit.

Either way, he's a great player and deserves what he gets. It'd be sad for the premiership to lose him, but at the end of the day, Arsenal are big enough to get a new striker. Look at Chelsea, they've re-built themselves from scratch basically.

anyways, I hope he moves to Liverpool! :p
  • Options
    BritJames wrote:
    fuck sake - it's a big decision. It's not about commitment to a club, it's about his own personal future innit.
    I agree, you can see on the pitch how committed he is when playing.

I hope he stays because I want to see him in the Premier next year (hopefully running rings round Leeds, lol). I really can't even guess at what hes wanting to do, Arsenal look like they are building a very talented young side who play the best football in England and Henry is part of that, I hope he stays.