Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

psoriasis

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have this and was wondering if anybody else had it and if you use anything or do anything to treat it?

Comments

• Options
    They suggest going on a sunbed i hear....

obviously not often but a couple of times a week
  • Options
    +Kirsten++Kirsten+ Deactivated Posts: 49 Boards Initiate
    Hi there

Have you seen the site for the Psoriasis Association? They say there are four types of treatment, the first being topical treatments - special lotions, creams, gels - along with a moisturiser. Tablets and injections are available for more severe forms.

Apparently, UVB (ultra violet) light can be good for you, though there are risks around skin damage/cancer - it'll be more controlled in a hospital setting than in a sunbed.

~Kirsten
  • Options
    I can only recommend going to the Dead Sea, as a natural treatment which I personally reckon is least harmful. The climate there does wonders. UV treatment has also been really good, just that the current hospital I am at, refuse to do it. So have after a lot of failed treatments been put on the injections, and I couldn't be happier about it.
  • Options
    I have it, mostly on the bottom of my scalp but I keep getting random tiny patches popping up all over the place. I have some cream but its a bit crap. I may go back to the doctors but I don't think it's severe enough to have a more radical treatment. It doesn't get me down too much atm because it isn't noticeable, but I may do if it continues. I've also heard about dead sea products, I bought some salts for baths and it seemed to help.
  • Options
    I have it. I'm due to see my dermatologist at the end of June to discuss new treatments for the psoriasis on my eyelids - it's a bugger as they split right in the crease and get very very very sore.

I use steroid cream for the stubborn, itchy bits and just exfoliate and moisturise the rest. I have it on my scalp, ears, face, back, arms, tummy, legs, feet and hands. lol. It doesn't look as bad as it sounds though lol.
  • Options
    Thanks for all your ideas.

I've had creams and that but they are crap. I go on the sunbed once a week or when i can and it does help but i might try looking for some of the dead sea products.

I have it on my Knees, Arms and Scalp.

It don't get me down tho i'm used to it so i don't hide it or anything plus it don't look too bad if i keep it moisturised and not let it get dry
  • Options
    Ask to get UV treatment at hospital rather than regular sunbeds, if you can.

Good luck :)