Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

would you be annoyed?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Me and my boyfriend were planning to spend the day together today and I got up at a reasonable time, made myself look okay and was just kinda excited because it looks sunny. I was expecting him at 11am but he is alwaaaaaaaaays late, so I texted him 'you up? :p' and then no reply so I rang him. He sounded groggy and had only just woken up. Basically he wanted to rearrange for tomorrow cuz he was tired after staying out and watching a late film at the cinema. I had a rant at him down the phone saying I was looking forward to it, he could have rearranged last night or earlier this morning before I had gotten up and was expecting him. So after me opening a can of whoop-ass on his..ass he is coming in half an hour. He said that he doesn't want me to yell at him when he arrives :blush: Was a right to be a bit pissy? It's all over now because he is coming over so no biggie I guess. Just wanted to know if it was unneccessary of me. Oh and I didn't yell at him. Just ranted at him down the phone.

Comments

• Options
    Personally I think I'm 50/50 ....

He should have text or called you last night to say he may be late, or say maybe the day after would be better. Perhaps invite you round instead.

But then, anyone who shouted at me because I woke up late, I'd hate, and would think sounded like my mother.

You got your own way though. Maybe tomorrow he can sleep in :)
  • Options
    I would be annoyed if my boyfriend did that to me, I would have expected him to have texted or phoned and let me know that I didnt have to get up, get ready and wait. I don't think I would have shouted at him, but he would be aware I was unhappy at being let down without any notice. I would also have explained, like you, that I was looking forward to seeing him and was dissapointed.
  • Options
    I would be annoyed if my boyfriend did that to me, I would have expected him to have texted or phoned and let me know that I didnt have to get up, get ready and wait. I don't think I would have shouted at him, but he would be aware I was unhappy at being let down without any notice. I would also have explained, like you, that I was looking forward to seeing him and was dissapointed.

Nooo I didn't shout. When I 'ranted' at him I mean that I spoke to him and actually said that I was pissed off with him. I wouldn't mind if he had cancelled earlier or the fact that he woke up late because he always does. Just that he tried to cancel when I rang him to find out where he was. He is coming round soon. I hope he isn't in a mood because I don't want the whole day ruined now :grump:
  • Options
    I would have done the same then, I am sure he will not be miserable, just maybe a little tired, just make sure that you give him a big hug when he arrives then there is no way he can be unhappy !!
  • Options
    I would have done the same then, I am sure he will not be miserable, just maybe a little tired, just make sure that you give him a big hug when he arrives then there is no way he can be unhappy !!

it's funny you said that because when he said on the phone 'don't yell at me when i arrive' i said 'no i will give you a big hug'. haha :p
  • Options
    For once, I agree with you, Clementine. I'd be irritated. Hell, 11am is hardly the crack of dawn, is it?
  • Options
    g_angel wrote: »
    For once, I agree with you, Clementine. I'd be irritated. Hell, 11am is hardly the crack of dawn, is it?

haha thankyou :)
  • Options
    id be really pissed off
  • Options
    haha thankyou :)

:D

Also, a late film at the cinema?! It's not quite the same as going out on a 12 hour clubbing bender and being trashed out of your mind and then using being tired as an excuse! :lol:
  • Options
    Exactly! All he had to do was sit on his arse and watch the film.

I'm still a smidge pissed off but he has redeemed himself by actually going to come over.
  • Options
    Think you're right to be annoyed! I would have made it clear on the phone I wasn't happy but not forced him to come over, and instead played the guilt card.. "I hope we can meet up soon, any time in the afternoon so as not to trouble you/get you up early" :yeees:
  • Options
    I hate it if people are breaking off arrangements at the last possible second, or maybe just then when I ring them already up to ask, if they are ready. It's pretty respectless, imho, so I try to make stuff like that only if I have a really good reason (someone fell ill, accident, etc.). If I am invited somewhere and another supercool opportunity came up, I at least TRY to combine those two things (if it's two groups of people going out), or I try to visit BOTH occasions.

I - like you - hate to tell those people off then, because if they don't understand the cheek of blowing you off in the last possible second, they won't understand your anger and think you are exaggerating stuff.

If people do that countlessly they just stop being my friends, because in short, it makes me insane.

I think you are fine, didn't escalate and I guess he understands why you've been upset.
  • Options
    He's done something to annoy you. People do. So you've told him he's annoyed you, you've told him why and now you're over it.

Sounds fair to me!
  • Options
    Olive wrote: »
    He's done something to annoy you. People do. So you've told him he's annoyed you, you've told him why and now you're over it.

Sounds fair to me!

:) in the end we agreed to disagree..he could see why i was pissed off but apparently not to the degree i was or something :confused: i dunno, men
  • Options
    I'd be annoyed - no excuse for being lazy when it was his own fault.
  • Options
    yeh that's sound. he probably enjoys that you want to see him so much. the best thing is he made the effort. i want a relationship like that.
  • Options
    g_angel wrote: »

i totally agree too, i'm an early bird of a person. i had an ex who i would not be able to see till 5pm+ even on her days off, apparently she didn't like to rush things. it always made me feel like i was being selfish for asking her to get up and be ready for like 1pm.
  • Options
    Me and my boyfriend were planning to spend the day together today and I got up at a reasonable time, made myself look okay and was just kinda excited because it looks sunny. I was expecting him at 11am but he is alwaaaaaaaaays late, so I texted him 'you up? :p' and then no reply so I rang him. He sounded groggy and had only just woken up. Basically he wanted to rearrange for tomorrow cuz he was tired after staying out and watching a late film at the cinema. I had a rant at him down the phone saying I was looking forward to it, he could have rearranged last night or earlier this morning before I had gotten up and was expecting him. So after me opening a can of whoop-ass on his..ass he is coming in half an hour. He said that he doesn't want me to yell at him when he arrives :blush: Was a right to be a bit pissy? It's all over now because he is coming over so no biggie I guess. Just wanted to know if it was unneccessary of me. Oh and I didn't yell at him. Just ranted at him down the phone.

you did damn good... Mine is the SAME thing, i hate it when people are late for something, let alone not show up!! I usually turn up in his doorstep after he hang up or something... just to yell a bit more xp
  • Options
    A film that exhausts you ...mmmm:chin:
  • Options
    A film that exhausts you ...mmmm:chin:

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    i totally agree too, i'm an early bird of a person. i had an ex who i would not be able to see till 5pm+ even on her days off, apparently she didn't like to rush things. it always made me feel like i was being selfish for asking her to get up and be ready for like 1pm.

I'm not even an early bird... I consider mornings to be my arch nemesis, to be honest! Even so, 11am is still more than acceptable if all you have done is gone to the cinema...

My current lass works very late some nights (home by 3am, half of the time) and so understandably doesn't really like to be bothered before noon. I'm at work though so it's not like it is an issue :lol: