Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

caribbean

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
anyone ever been? we're thinking of going, just a small group of mates, we want to try and get a last minute deal. anyone ever done this? was it a good deal and how much did you pay? we want to try and go all inclusive, but if we cant, we will go self catered
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Been to Guadeloupe... the island is beautiful but the people are not that nice I found... Martinique is beautiful and people are nicier... only been to those 2 islands...
  • Options
    i think most places are all inclusive in the carribean, its not always safe to leave hotels as tourists are a good target for thieves etc...

i wouldnt say it would be a good place to go with friends, you'll pretty much be in your "compound" all the time.

its more of a couply place
  • Options
    one of lads goin has been before, were not really looking for somewhere for clubbing and stuff, ibiza was suggested, but then we all agreed we werent to fussed about clubs and we wanted somewhere more tropical and my boyfriends comin too, so it will be nice for us two as well
  • Options
    I've been to st kitts and the british virgin isles both were lovely and safe - but also quite expensive and not really the kind of place you would get a package deal to.

my friend at work just came back from the dominican republic where she went on a last minuite thing I think it was about £500 - she had a good time but couldn't leave the hotel and didn't do anything for a week - which was the aim of her holiday but if your up for something a bit more lively it might not be your cup of tea.

Cancun is really american - think giant hotels, planet hollywood and Mcdonalds everywhere - but also there is much more night life then you will find else where.

Also be careful - if you want to go during the summer you can get some good deals but thats becuas its hurricane season - whilst the chance of you getting hit by a hurricane are quite slim if you do it can be devestating and very dangerous and possibly ruin your holiday if your of a nervous disposition.
  • Options
    been to dominican republic and jamaica (though jamaica i was a lot younger)...

both all inclusive... i thought the dominican republic was fantastic though, was a pretty nice hotel we were in.
  • Options
    been looking today and we want to go to dominican repulic or jamaica, we don't want to leave the complex, we're just looking for something to chill out, we saw a deal today for £529 to jamaica, were gonna leave it till two weeks before we go and until then just save up.

thanx for the replies btw
    xx
  • Options
    I think the place we went to in the dominican was called 'playa grande' ... the golf course wasn't there when we were, but they did mention one was being built. Anyway it's definately a good place, and u dont need to leave the resort.. not too sure on prices though.
  • Options
    I've been to Barbados, Genada and Cariacou (tiny little island off the penultimate).

Absolutley lovely. Beautiful sea, amazing people. Especially good if you can catch some cricket while you're out there and you'll realise what such a religion it is.

I would particularly recommend Barbados.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Been to Barbados, St Lucia and Curacao.

St Lucia pissed all over the other two and has to be the best place I've ever been on holiday.
    Weekender Offender