Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

do certain accents make someone more attractive?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
just curious to see what people say. personally, mainly at the moment, girls with a welsh accent is doing it for me. :love: who knows why. :p

On the flip side, is there an accent that does not appeal?

Comments

• Options
    Can't stand scouse accents, everytime I hear Kerry Katona speak I want to scream.
  • Options
    Any accents associated with the area I'm in = fail :yuck:

I have a thing for Scandinavians, French, some Americans and I also think saffas sound cute.

:hyper:
  • Options
    A brummie or scouce accent would turn me right off.

Australian, Italian & Spanish accents are just hot hot hot :hyper:
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote: »
    Can't stand scouse accents, everytime I hear Kerry Katona speak I want to scream.

I don't like to say that I hate accents because its part of what makes up a person - and we do sometimes tend to judge people by the way they speak.

Having said that (and apologies to all the scousers out there 'cos I am sure that you are very nice people), the scouse accent has to be one of the ugliest out there.

In fact, if there was a 'scale' of accents numbered according according to attractiveness, I think the scouse accent would even fall about 10 places behind sign language.
  • Options
    i think itd depend on the person tbh. I think if i really liked someone as a person then any accent would be alright.
    Im not keen on the south african accent though or northern irish.
    Some accents i quite like but theyre not sexy - brummie. I think its cute but if someone with that accent was to chat me up, im sure it would go against them.
    Somerset accent or norfolk accents are too farmer like to be sexy
  • Options
    Irish accents :love:
  • Options
    I'm not quite shallow enough to say that a girl's accent would be the decisive factor in whether I would want to be with her or not.
    But my potential missus at the moment has an Australian accent and I think it sounds fucking hot on her, even though usually I'm not a fan of Aussy accents, they sound too whiney and annoying.
    Scouse, Brum, Geordie and Manc accents aren't the nicest accents for girl's to have. Love Yorkshire accents on girls though and I'm another sucker for the Irish accent. A Scottish accent can sound quite hot on a girl too sometimes.
    I love South African, Jamaican and German accents aswell, but I wouldn't say I find them attractive on women.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    I love South African, ... accents aswell, but I wouldn't say I find them attractive on women.

Yeah, some South African accents, as long as they are not the thick, Afrikaans accent, are very cool. And yes, the accent is better in the men than the women.
  • Options
    they just sound like my old landlord , eurgh
  • Options

Kerry Katona doesn't have a scouse accent.
    Though she's from where I live I just hope I don't sound like her :no:
    I like the scouse accent and scottish :yum:
  • Options
    Birmingham :eek2: It has ming in it for a reason.
  • Options
    Really neddy neds from Glasgow accents, Brummy accents and scouser accents.
  • Options
    I love Scottish and LOVE a paticular someone from Essex's accent :p:naughty:
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    I don't like to say that I hate accents because its part of what makes up a person - and we do sometimes tend to judge people by the way they speak.

Having said that (and apologies to all the scousers out there 'cos I am sure that you are very nice people), the scouse accent has to be one of the ugliest out there.

In fact, if there was a 'scale' of accents numbered according according to attractiveness, I think the scouse accent would even fall about 10 places behind sign language.

:lol:
  • Options
    Manc accents are naff on girls.
    Scottish ftw.
  • Options
    Don't like scouse accents, and really not fond of southern English accents either. Posh southern English accents are probably the single worst thing you can hear on a person - major turn off. I hear them ALL the time, and they make me cringe EVERY time.

I like Scottish accents and quite a few Northern accents. Welsh accents are just funny.

I like the deep south American accent, but can't listen to the nasily yankee accent.
  • Options
    Addict wrote: »
    I like Scottish accents and quite a few Northern accents. Welsh accents are just funny.

It depends what part of Scotland and Ireland they come from. For instance, compare an Edinburgh accent with that of someone from Dundee. One of them is "ew!".

After a poll was completed a few years back, putting the Scottish accent at the top, it seems like every company and it's granny, now hires people with the ever-so-popular accent. The issue now is that the accent is completely ubiquitous. Every second TV presenter and almost as many politicians, all have Scottish accents. For me, the accent has lost it previous mystique.

I still enjoy shagging Scotsmen though ... ;)
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    It depends what part of Scotland and Ireland they come from. For instance, compare an Edinburgh accent with that of someone from Dundee. One of them is "ew!".

Which is 'ew'? I like them both.

I don't always neccessarily like an accent because of how it sounds phonetically. I like it because of the manner in which it is spoken.
    After a poll was completed a few years back, putting the Scottish accent at the top, it seems like every company and it's granny, now hires people with the ever-so-popular accent. The issue now is that the accent is completely ubiquitous. Every second TV presenter and almost as many politicians, all have Scottish accents. For me, the accent has lost it previous mystique.

Yea, I believe lots of call-centres relocated themselves to Scotland to 'cash in' on the popularity. The thing is though, unless you get a softer accent, non-Scottish people just won't understand.
  • Options
    German accents, californian accents, and korean accents are just :yuck:

That said, Irish accents and South American accents are soooo attractive.

Generally speaking, I judge people by the way their voices sound, though...
  • Options
    I like Irish accents, Scottish and Essex accents ..

Don't like the Welsh accent at all or really whiney American accents.
  • Options
    i used to have a friend who was irish and it was an on going joke that he didnt' need chat up lines he just had to talk to girls and they would swoon.....
  • Options
    awww katie, i love yours too :heart:
  • Options

Haha, me to.

My boyfriend has a Somerset/Bristol accent, I don't really know if it makes him any more or less attractive really, we do take the piss out of it sometimes "alright my babber" and so forth.

I do quite like the American and Canadian accent, but I don't think I'd be completely swooned over by a minger with a hot voice.
  • Options
    my accent makes me sound lovely and very classy :flirt:

irish = love.
    northern england = double love.
  • Options
    Addict wrote: »
    Which is 'ew'? I like them both.

I don't always neccessarily like an accent because of how it sounds phonetically. I like it because of the manner in which it is spoken.
    What do you mean?

To answer the question, I like Welsh accents and American accents (minus some of the California accents).
  • Options
    I do like american accents, as long as it's not high pitched and whiny sort. That and posh southern accents.

Black country/brum accents are definately a right turn off.
  • Options
    I do like american accents, as long as it's not high pitched and whiny sort. That and posh southern accents.

Black country/brum accents are definately a right turn off.

american in general is just annoying. its really whiney. they extend the syllables on loads of words.

in addition to welsh :love: southern irish is also on my list :)
  • Options
    Yes, don't know which accents for me but I do know some are a turn on :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    I like Scottish and Australian accents. Can't stand Bristol/West Country accents.
  • Options
    Brummies