Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.

Veggie/vegan replacements

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Namaste wrote: »
    Nobody is saying here that the whole country should go vegan. :confused:

You know, if it weren't for a certain thread in Style & Fashion, you probably wouldn't have just jumped on that and realised that I wasn't saying they were.
    Kiezo wrote: »
    You know, if it weren't for a certain thread in Style & Fashion, you probably wouldn't have just jumped on that and realised that I wasn't saying they were.
    I was replying to your comment on people looking at cows in the zoo, then added a bit on the environmental impact. It was quite a general post (as much as you may like to think this is about you I'd forgotten entirely).
    Namaste wrote: »
    I was replying to your comment on people looking at cows in the zoo, then added a bit on the environmental impact. It was quite a general post (as much as you may like to think this is about you I'd forgotten entirely).

You said "Nobody is saying here that the whole country should go vegan." I never said anything even remotely close to this, so you're trying to make a point out of nothing.
    Kiezo wrote: »
    You said "Nobody is saying here that the whole country should go vegan." I never said anything even remotely close to this, so you're trying to make a point out of nothing.
    If this country were entirely vegan, you'd probably need to go to a zoo to see a cow as they would be pointless for farmers to keep

Hence I replied with saying that nobody is saying that... It would just be annoying if this thread went political when it is about meat/dairy alternatives and food, no?

So shoo shoo with your accusations and delusions of people taking away with them everything you write on public boards.

Ta.
    I eat it all really. I'm not a massive fan of the quorn range, although I'll use their veggie mince for making chilli or lasagne, and their chicken style pieces for fajitas.
    I'm a big fan of veggie bacon - used to think it looked disgusting, but if you kind of grill it til its crispy its good. I also like the supermarket own brand veggie burgers - the ones that look and taste like beef burgers.
    Never really found any particular veggie sausages that I like, although Linda McCartney sausage rolls are good, as are her country pies. Haven't tried any of the ready meals.

One thing I don't like about these substitutes though is the number of unnatual ingredients they have in. I would much prefer to use natural alternatives like tofu or halloumi or something.