Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

So anyone going Glasto?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    **Helen** wrote: »
    I'm not going now. Tis a shame, but I just can't muster up the energy. If I wasn't going to be working there I would definitely go. :yes:

Oh Helen you should have passed you ticket on :p The perks that working there gets you compared to the ordinary ticket payer!

It did look pretty brilliant, i was suprised how well KoL and The Verve did as headliners, they were certainly up to it.

Oh well, get tickets for next year an hope the weather is as good? :p
  • Options
    Indeed, had an amazing time but still feel like crap, not looking to finally going back into work tomorrow, should be interesting...

Weather was the best i've had since first going to glasto in 2004.

Who did you seeee?
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Cazzoo wrote: »
    Oh Helen you should have passed you ticket on :p The perks that working there gets you compared to the ordinary ticket payer!

It did look pretty brilliant, i was suprised how well KoL and The Verve did as headliners, they were certainly up to it.

Oh well, get tickets for next year an hope the weather is as good? :p

:D I could've if it didn't have my name on it and you didn't need photo ID to get in. That's a right pain in't arse.
  • Options
    really?!

When I worked it there was no photo or ID on the ticket (this was last year), the name on my ticket wasnt even my name, or a female one :p

I assumed there were less requirements for those who weren't punters.

Sayng that.. i did still have my left field stage pass and workers beer pass with my name and picture for getting into the workers campsite.
  • Options
    Cazzoo, what did you have to do when you worked there? What were the hours like and the pay? I'm considering it next year...if not then maybe volunteering for Wateraid at the latrines...you only have to do four hours a day then the rest of the time is your own, reckon I could swill out toilets for a few hours no problem :thumb:
  • Options
    Umm well i got an invite from a charity I already volunteer for that dont do organise workers for Glastonbury officially.. so i couldnt really tell you :p

I didn't get paid i just got in for free with privalidges

thing is.. have you ever seen a festival toilet..? Ever smelt one? :p

It's probably one of the sickest things i've ever experienced, I was so lucky that i only had to resort to using one once or twice at Glasto because there were seperate ones on the workers campsite and at the stage I worked on.
    And four hours is quite a long time really. :p

especially when you're already feeling a bit rank from the general festival experience. :p

I'd recommend checking out the oxfam volunteer programme, or workers beer company

For workers beer i believe you do two 6 hours shifts on bar and thats all. Much more plesant than toilets. :p
  • Options
    Yep I have, been to two Glastos now so know what the toilets get like...but the latrines are the best there, they're up by the Stone Circle and are known for being the least smelly/most pleasant toilet option on site. The workers just seemed to have to go into the little huts now and again to pour soapy water on the ground. Oh and get signatures on a petition and put promotional transfers on people :razz: It honestly didn't look too bad. But I take your point about having to do it when you've had a few too many the night before, so I'll check out those other ones you mentioned, I'm definitely going to look into working there.
  • Options
    Yeah i think it's a really good thing to do, easy way to meet lovely people, you should end up making money not spending it and do a bit of good at the same time :p

Makes you feel like you earned the experience.

I've only worked Glastonbury though, so this year I really wanted to go and have the time and freedom to enjoy it completely.. because you really can end up sitting there thinking.. sososo is on that stage right now, Sigh. But if you've been a few times then you've had the chance to do that already :p
  • Options
    what happens if you say you'll work there, get in free then don't turn up on your second shift? do they go looking for you?
  • Options
    what happens if you say you'll work there, get in free then don't turn up on your second shift? do they go looking for you?

A lot of those volunteer website you pay something like £150 to register and if you turn up you get your money back - if you don't turn up you lose the money.
  • Options
    Cazzoo wrote: »
    Who did you seeee?

Franz Ferdinand, Kate Nash, Get cape wear cape fly, Rennie Pilgrim, Plump Djs, Simian Mobile Disco, Shaking Stevens, the Worzals, Jack Penate, Scouting for Girls, Groove Armada, Massive Attack, The Fratellis, Vampire Weekend, The Courteneers, Hot Chip, Seasick Steve, KT Tunstall, Zutons, Pigeon Detectives, Mark Ronson, Kissy Sell Out, lots!

Think Hot Chip and Groove Armada were the highlights of my festival musically :D

Really wish I had left Massive Attack and gone to see CSS though.
  • Options
    Think Hot Chip and Groove Armada were the highlights of my festival musically :D

Groove Armada were awesome :yes:
    What were Plump DJs like? I wish I'd seen them.
  • Options
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    Groove Armada were awesome :yes:
    What were Plump DJs like? I wish I'd seen them.

Plumps were good as always, playing fun party music and got the whole crowd going :yippe: