Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

So anyone going Glasto?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Still can as the tickets havent sold out, long as youre registered.

Got our tickets, can't wait, first time and I have wanted to go for as long as i can remember. So much to do, so much to see. Couldn't give a rats ass who's playing, as long as i find a couple of gems that i'd never heard of!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Me and all my friends have managed to secure tickets this year, makes a change from previous years having to listen out for unannounced resales so everyone could get a ticket!
  • Options
    maybe, one of my mates is playing, I might carry his watermelon or something.
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm going. I'm surprised they haven't sold out, but the mud does put people off, the registration process has been a bit long-winded and the headline acts maybe don't appeal to as many people as usual. For me though it's not about the headliners. I went last year for the first time and there was so much else going on we didn't end up seeing any of them. Saw loads of my favourite bands though so am hoping the rest of the line-up will be as good as last year's.
  • Options
    People are allowed to register again.
  • Options
    I've just registered and am somewhat hopeful I may actually get a ticket this year. I think Jay-Z put a lot of people off, that and Mr Eavis' comment about wanting a "younger crowd". I cannot remember a day I've been alive where Glasto didn't sell out in a day, even before the Internet.
  • Options
    I've just registered and am somewhat hopeful I may actually get a ticket this year. I think Jay-Z put a lot of people off, that and Mr Eavis' comment about wanting a "younger crowd". I cannot remember a day I've been alive where Glasto didn't sell out in a day, even before the Internet.

2002 and before it took weeks or months to completely sell out, you're very precocious for a 6 year old :p
  • Options
    2002 and before it took weeks or months to completely sell out, you're very precocious for a 6 year old :p

That's what my mummy and daddy say. Haha, was it 2002? My parents were always really strict and wouldn't let me go to festivals when I was younger.

Thank you for enlightening me haha!

P.S. It's very hard to remember life before the Tinternet, I think it's wired my brain so I don't remember anything before I got a computer in my bedroom heeehee
  • Options

Yup, when I went in 1998, 2000 and 2002 getting tickets was really no problem, and the line-ups were far better then too....

Bowie, Pulp, Blur, Placebo, Catatonia, Manics, I can't remember who else, but I do remember spending the whole time dashing from stage to stage, something that hasn't happened in a while.
  • Options
    There's always so much to do at Glasto i find that i don't watch a huge amount of bands, do think that if all you do at glasto is see bands then you are missing out on a fair part of it.
  • Options
    lacrymosa wrote: »
    I was gonna go but I'm not too impressed by the line-up :no:

The lineup of the whole 3 bands which have been announced? lol, not surprised you are disappointed then :p

All acts are announced on May 1st, and even though I don't like a large amount of the music being played, there are so many different stages/tents there is generally always something i wouldn't mind seeing or there is plenty of other stuff to do.

Having said that though I am considering going to one day fo V or Reading/Leeds cos their lineups are amazing (to me).
  • Options
    Nope, Primavera for me :D
  • Options
    The lineup of the whole 3 bands which have been announced? lol, not surprised you are disappointed then :p

All acts are announced on May 1st, and even though I don't like a large amount of the music being played, there are so many different stages/tents there is generally always something i wouldn't mind seeing or there is plenty of other stuff to do.

:yes:
    That's spot on. Glastonbury's about way more than just the bands...part of the fun is stumbling upon new music you'd never otherwise find out about and all the other stuff they have going on like the circus, cabaret, comedy tents, amazing food area, the spiritual/healing area...etc. I can't wait :yippe:
  • Options
    The only year that I was interested in going to Glasto was 2004. I thought that getting the days booked off work was the hard part. How wrong I was. The phone lines were always engaged and their web site was unresponsive due to it being hammered. None of my 6 other friends managed get through either. Too much of a lottery. At least my company redeemed the days that I had booked off.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Anyone seen the line-up?
  • Options
    I have, well I've seen the Guardian and Q's version of it anyway. I think it looks awesome! I can't wait to go now :yippe:
  • Options
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    I have, well I've seen the Guardian and Q's version of it anyway. I think it looks awesome! I can't wait to go now :yippe:

me too - v. excited about L cohen, Sinead O'Connor, The National, Vampire Weekend and Glasvegas. :)
  • Options
    I went for the first time last year and it was incredible

This year (because I was working when i went last time) we were going to pay for tickets, but the headliners just weren't impressive enough.. Theres some good stuff in there and Glasto can be so much more than the bands but it just wasn't good enough to justify spending £140..

I might still go for free though if i get offered a place. :D
  • Options
    1 day!

Cannot keep still just thinking about it!
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    Still got tickets for sale.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I can't wait either! I'm going up on the coach from Cardiff tomorrow at 9.15...bring it on! The bands/acts I'm most excited about seeing are...Crowded House :blush:, Goldfrapp, Duffy, Groove Armada, The Gossip, Santogold, Roisin Murphy, Ozomatli, Dr Meaker, Hot Chip, Massive Attack...and loads of others. It's gonna be wicked :yippe: All my colleagues are talking about how disgusting the toilets are going to be, :rolleyes: I couldn't care less tbh.
  • Options
    I'm not going now. Tis a shame, but I just can't muster up the energy. If I wasn't going to be working there I would definitely go. :yes:
  • Options
    Whats the security like at glastonbury?

Do they have sniffer dogs? :S
  • Options
    MancDan wrote: »
    Whats the security like at glastonbury?

Do they have sniffer dogs? :S

I've never seen any, but I wouldn't rule it out completely. It's usually well chilled though.
  • Options
    I've loved sitting there this weekend watching the best of it on a 50" telly with good surround sound, without the mud, without the commuting pain, without the sleeping in a grotty tent, without queuing for a manky portaloo..! Atmosphere on BBC3 with a good setup is great.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    tinkler wrote: »
    without the mud, without the commuting pain, without the sleeping in a grotty tent, without queuing for a manky portaloo..!

...without 99% of the Glasto experience and what makes it so good. :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    yeah im thinking of going
  • Options
    tinkler wrote: »
    I've loved sitting there this weekend watching the best of it on a 50" telly with good surround sound, without the mud, without the commuting pain, without the sleeping in a grotty tent, without queuing for a manky portaloo..! Atmosphere on BBC3 with a good setup is great.
    Same for me but on a 32" hehe. I wanna go next year though.
  • Options
    I had a blast :)
    I take the point about watching it in the comfort of your own home (particularly ref the toilets, which ARE minging), but there was hardly any mud this year at all and I got the coach so there was no commuting hassle at all. The whole experience is so brilliant anyway it's worth facing the minging loos for a few days - makes you appreciate a nice clean bathroom loads more when you get home too! I absolutely loved Glasto this year, so glad I went.
  • Options
    i went to glasto and my head is still mashed! got there on weds and the weather was bloody gorgeous!! it only rained on one day.

people always say it is unlike any other festival and it's so true, it was absolutely amazing!! we didn't even see that much music, maybe a few bands/djs a day. there was just so much to do!! and we had a wicked time :D

we saw jay z, fatboy slim, booka shade, fun lovin criminals, the verve, mark ronson with lilly allen, amy winehouse... can't remember who else! just sitting round a campfire with your mates and boyf getting wasted an dchatting listenign to the bands on the Other stage, wicked! then going to trash shity, the stone circle, the glade, fields of avalon, hanging round the hippies in greenpiece doing an allnighter..

paying for it now, i'm at work and feel so so shite lol
  • Options
    Indeed, had an amazing time but still feel like crap, not looking to finally going back into work tomorrow, should be interesting...

Weather was the best i've had since first going to glasto in 2004.