Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I've just been flashed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Seriously!

I've just been flashed walking hme from the gym. How rude...though thats the closet I'll get to sex this week :rolleyes:

I feel a litte bit violated, although I do have to say he was NOT affected by this cold weather ;):p

My bf and dad say I should phone the police, but I dunno is it worth it?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place :blush: , feel free to move it :)

Comments

• Options
    thaats horrible. I would phone the police to give a description at least, so if anyone else has reported it theyve got more chance to catch the guy.
  • Options
    I suppose you're right. I just feel silly about phoning them.
  • Options
    why. Its abusive!!
    Its not accidently glimpsing someone naked, its someone making others look at their genitals when they dont want to. You might think its silly, but someone else vulnerable might be quite traumatised by it. You already said you felt a bit violated. if you can give a description of the guy, it might come to nothing, but he might have done it to others, or progress to doing worse things
  • Options
    :confused:

if you feel concerned about it report it to your local plod or whatever.

but if it's a one off I would be tempted just to write it off. maybe thats me though who doesn't see the offensive side of someones willy.
  • Options
    why. Its abusive!!
    Its not accidently glimpsing someone naked, its someone making others look at their genitals when they dont want to. You might think its silly, but someone else vulnerable might be quite traumatised by it. You already said you felt a bit violated. if you can give a description of the guy, it might come to nothing, but he might have done it to others, or progress to doing worse things

:yes:
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I think you definately need to report it - it might not have bothered you but it definately could offend other people.
  • Options
    i just had a read on this
    As a general rule, many psychologists agree that any exhibitionist that comes closer than arm?s length to their victim, regardless of their initial intent, should be considered dangerous.

http://www.uplink.com.au/lawlibrary/Documents/Docs/Doc81.html

I would report it because it seems they're either a) mentally / socially disturbed, b) drunk / unaware of their actions c) aggressive male getting sexual arousal from scaring people.

Certainly not someone you want wandering about. Even if you just make a quick statement to the police they can just keep it on file - better than someone getting attacked and them not having a clue.
  • Options
    Ewww! I think you should report it. The more people who report it the more likely they are to catch him - he could do it to a kid or an old person or something!
  • Options
    -
  • Options
    Deffo report it. I wouldn't be bothered by it either, but I'm sure I read somewhere that people who flash can often go on to commit other sex offences so it is good if they already have a description of that person/area they were in.
  • Options
    I think you should report it but it's up to you.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother personally.
    Yeah, cos its fine if he goes round flashing his knob out to all and sundry.

Get a fucking grip you moron.
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »

Especially as he could do it to a kid next time.
  • Options
    I wouldn't bother personally.

You think it's alright to go around flashing or something?:confused:

I pretty much agree with SCC.

I agree with your bf & dad - even if it doesn't bother you, then I would personally still report it.
  • Options
    its not much of a step to go from flashing to wanking at someone and whilst I have no problem at all with nudity or naturists, flashing someone is a deliberate act meant to make the other person feel violated.
    Im really surprised some people think its ok and not worth reporting.
    If it hasnt made you feel crap then thats really good. It hasnt had the desired effect and the guy has lost, but that doesnt mean its OK - AT ALL.
  • Options
    -
  • Options
    Nice to know someone on this board isn't retarded. You lot really piss me off sometimes.
    I can't believe you even think its OK if it is a 'joke'.

I mean you act like a knobhead constantly but seriously you seriously push it to a whole new level sometimes.
  • Options
    No it hasn't bothered me at all! But I did think he could do it again to someone younger as there are always loads of teenage girls hanging around here. It was just a bit random as he looked young about early 20's.
    He didn't like jump out infront of me with a mac on flashing. He was at the entrance of a alley way and basically had his pants round his ankles and his cock in his hand playing with himself. It wasn't as if he was having a piss against the wall as he was in the middle of the alley.
    I'm not going to phone but I will go into the station. I would know him if I saw him again but couldn't describe him.
    When I had crossed the road I turned back and he was walking really fast down the street then started running off, so was acting odd all round :nervous:
  • Options
    -
  • Options
    Maybe SG means it was probably a joke and his mates were round the corner laughing their heads off?

:no: He was on his own.
    There is a pub next to this alley so he may have been pissed. But still you just wouldn't and it was like half 6! And he didn't look pissed, if you get what I mean.
  • Options
    And when in this thread did I state it was okay, that it was justified?
    Well you say it shouldn't be reported - hence you dont seem to be interesting in stopping the person doing it in future.

Don't start twisting your words around in your usual style in an attempt to justify the bullshit your spewing from your mouth.
  • Options

Please stop with the direct insults to Stargalaxy man, I feel like I'm slowly traveling back in time with Klintock appearing and comments like this. We both know you're more than capable of making your point with breaking the rules.
  • Options
    Nice to know someone on this board isn't retarded. You lot really piss me off sometimes.

Yeah, we're the ones with the problem :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »
    Please stop with the direct insults to Stargalaxy man, I feel like I'm slowly traveling back in time with Klintock appearing and comments like this. We both know you're more than capable of making your point with breaking the rules.
    I'm sorry - I just cannot seriously believe what SG is saying! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Just to say again - fucking move on, obviously Stargalaxy's opinion doesn't take into account the likelyhood that the person could easily be playing out fantasies that could lead to rape or abduction in the future. But hey, ignorance is bliss and insults aren't justified.

With reference to the original poster's mention of him not being 'affected by the cold weather' and Shyboy's post it sounds pretty clear that this is someone acting out an abusive, inherently disturbed behaviour with a very clear sexual element.

There exist very few chances to stop people who are becoming increasing dangerous or abusive - and it is pretty important to take them for the safety of everyone - and the OP's safety. If the same person was to see her again and nothing had happened after this incident, well it doesn't take a huge leap of the imagination to think they may believe they can get away with the same or worse again.

Sorry - just edited to add, missed the bit about him actually wanking - you really, really need to tell the police, if nothing else they may be able to move some foot patrols to the area during times when young people are around even if you can't describe him.
  • Options
    Fair enough.
  • Options

Sorry - just edited to add, missed the bit about him actually wanking - you really, really need to tell the police, if nothing else they may be able to move some foot patrols to the area during times when young people are around even if you can't describe him.

No I will, I'm going to go to the station tomorrow on my way to placement and just mention it. Like you said at least they can be awear of him.

Thanks for the advice everyone :)
  • Options
    But hey, ignorance is bliss and insults aren't justified.

Nice to know someone on this board isn't retarded.

?
  • Options
    ?
    I chose to ignore that.....
  • Options
    I chose to ignore that.....

Ack, better not. It's not worth getting banned over.