Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Anyone ever seen a ghost??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well I'm watching Ghost Hunting with Corrie and was just wondering if anyone has actually seen a ghost? or heard one maybe? or experianced anything spooky at all?

Personally i have had no ghostly experiances :(

xxx

Comments

• Options
    No, but i've had the willies put up me several times :p
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    No, but i've had the willies put up me several times :p

:lol: I was waiting for a comment like this.

No I havent seen one. The local hospital is though, its built on an old workhouse grounds and some of the outhouses are over 100 years old. Theres at least two ghosts: one of a matron that walks the corriders at night and one of a injured soilder (it used to treat a lot of soilders during the world wars).
  • Options
    I was convinced I saw a girl in my doorway about 10 years ago when I was in bed who waved at me then walked through the foot of my bed and dissapeared. Dunno if it was me dreaming or not though. I've never actually seen like a human looking ghost, but I've seen black shapes shifting around my room before and one time in the bathroom I was brushing my teeth and thought I saw someone stood near the toilet, so I looked and there wasn't anyone there. Then I felt someone walk behind me and out the door and could smell cigarettes (no one in our house smokes and windows were shut). I told my mum the next day and it turns out that the bathroom used to be a bedroom and someone died who smoked which is why the rest of the family moved out before we went in. Also seen doors swinging by themselves and the front door has been slammed a few times when no ones there. My dog often stares and barks at stuff that isn't there too. My mum claims to have been visited by her auntie too and said the room filled with light and she became all tingly and they kinda spoke without saying anything. She'd come to say hello and said she'd just been to see me and my brother then left. After that she kept finding white feathers everywhere which are supposed to be a sign of your guardian angel. Sounds mad I know!
    Not as much happens as it used to though, not much has happened for years now.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    I was convinced I saw a girl in my doorway about 10 years ago when I was in bed who waved at me then walked through the foot of my bed and dissapeared. Dunno if it was me dreaming or not though. I've never actually seen like a human looking ghost, but I've seen black shapes shifting around my room before and one time in the bathroom I was brushing my teeth and thought I saw someone stood near the toilet, so I looked and there wasn't anyone there. Then I felt someone walk behind me and out the door and could smell cigarettes (no one in our house smokes and windows were shut). I told my mum the next day and it turns out that the bathroom used to be a bedroom and someone died who smoked which is why the rest of the family moved out before we went in. Also seen doors swinging by themselves and the front door has been slammed a few times when no ones there. My dog often stares and barks at stuff that isn't there too. My mum claims to have been visited by her auntie too and said the room filled with light and she became all tingly and they kinda spoke without saying anything. She'd come to say hello and said she'd just been to see me and my brother then left. After that she kept finding white feathers everywhere which are supposed to be a sign of your guardian angel. Sounds mad I know!
    Not as much happens as it used to though, not much has happened for years now.
    Wow, all that stuff is really spooky! :nervous:

I don't think I believe in ghosts as such, but I'm also stupid enough to get really scared when I hear this type of thing. I think I'd shit myself if I ever thought I'd seen a ghost. Not that they exist, mind ;)
  • Options
    bluewisdom wrote: »
    Wow, all that stuff is really spooky! :nervous:

Yeah I used to be terrified of my house a few years ago, especially my room because I often saw black shapes moving around the ceiling. It just seems to have all stopped now - or is very rare at least. The house doesn't have a massive history though, it's not hundreds of years old, it was built in the 30s. However we do still have an air raid shelter in our garden that was built underground (there's steps down to it) it still has the original door and everything which is quite unique!
  • Options
    ooooh im getting all freaked out reading the replies! my nan reckons she has seen ghosts, cant remember the exact things she said as i was always to scared to listen when i was younger but im going to ask her again next time i see her...
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Not something I could call a ghost, but I've experienced a couple of very spooky things.
    One was a figure I saw next to my bed one morning, waving its arms, but although I could see it it was transparent (I know that makes no sense). And another time I somehow ended up in a strange place I'd never seen before (and haven't since) which changed into a very familiar place in the blink of an eye.

The sceptic in me says that, since both of these happened when I was a young teenager and nothing similar has happened since, I must have imagined it or not remember well. But I'm not sure.
  • Options
    I've seen Ghost. It's shit. I've also slept in a haunted hotel. 5-star, complete with a jacuzzi in the ensuite. Best night's sleep I ever had.
  • Options
    I've never seen a ghost but my boyfriends house is haunted.
    You hear footsteps wandering around upstairs when noone else is in. His can and dog are always staring at things that we can't see and won't go in certain rooms upstairs.
    His mum, brother and sister have all had this feeling at night. They wake up and can't move. They say it's like someone is pinning them down with great force and they say it's hard for them to breath :nervous:
    I think one of his brothers friends has experianced it and refuses to stay over. I'm glad my bf room is downstairs :yes:
    They have had preists round to get rid of them but it doesn't seem to work. A medium came round once and said that is his sisters room was full of little childre, about 6 or 7 of them and they liked to stay in there!
    My mum says she has seen a ghost at the care home she used to work at and alot of the staff did. Especially ghosts of people who have just dided and there spirits are wanting to be free :eek2:
  • Options
    I have not seen a ghost, but I have heard people saying that they have seen ghost and that the ghost has also spoken to them.:impissed:

However I believe that ghosts are there.
  • Options
    I've had a couple experiences. Mainly when I was little.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    piecesofme wrote: »
    His mum, brother and sister have all had this feeling at night. They wake up and can't move. They say it's like someone is pinning them down with great force and they say it's hard for them to breath
    This is called a night terror and is a common sleep disorder.
  • Options
    i watched that ghost hunting with corrie too - i only realised half way though tho that they were on the isle of man :rolleyes: where im from!!

gaiety theatre they were in at first i go to all the time!! im going to make it my mission to sit on the 'haunted seat' B14 next time i go!! dont think ud catch me there at night like they were tho. place is actually quite creepy at times..

for me tho, i havent seen a ghost per-se but ive felt one. well a ghost cat to be exact.
    when i was younger we only had one cat - by the name of penny, and when she died we didnt get another pet for aaages afterwards. when she was alive she always used to lie on my legs at the end of the bed, yet for a while after she died i always used to wake up in the middle of the night and still feel her sitting there. theres no way it could have been another animal, and i could see the imprint. didnt scare me tho because.. its a cat :p

thats about it for me tho. my DAD on the other hand :rolleyes: he's seen bloody everything.
    a ghost dog, a 'lost hiker' and the creepiest one - my grandma (plus others)

apparently when my grandma was in the hospital dying, my dad stayed at home with me while my mum went to the hospital. 'apparently' at the very time of her death my dad says he saw her waving at him in the backgarden :chin: and then a few times afterwards when he saw her walking through the house.

i DO hope i see a ghost one day.. but i think i can wait :)
  • Options
    Friends of my mums who leave a few streets away live in a bungalow on a cul-de-sac that used to be a field. They have 2 windows on the same wall facing out of the living room, one big one and one small one. About twice a year they see an old man walk past the small window but he never gets to the big window. They had relatives over from america once and the man walked past, everyone saw him and one guy even ran out onto the street looking for him cause he couldn't believe it!
  • Options
    piecesofme wrote: »
    They have had preists round to get rid of them but it doesn't seem to work. A medium came round once and said that is his sisters room was full of little childre, about 6 or 7 of them and they liked to stay in there!
    Ever noticed that mediums never fail to find something? Funny that. :rolleyes: We need a healthy dose of cynicism and possibly a bit of Derren Brown on this thread.
  • Options
    Ever noticed that mediums never fail to find something? Funny that. :rolleyes: We need a healthy dose of cynicism and possibly a bit of Derren Brown on this thread.

Hehe. Too right :thumb:

I hate mediums- to me they just prey on the vulnerable.

I don't believe in ghosts or the afterlife. I tested this out when my dad died and this is embarassing now but I said aloud to move a pen on the table if he was there and nooooooothing. I have been tempted to go to a medium but the sensible part of me knows I really should not go. There is nothing that I'd want to hear from a stranger.
  • Options
    My parents and grandparents have had a few paranormal experiences - including near death experiences. Also, my parents used to hear and see a little boy with blonde hair playing on the stairs at night time. It went on for years. I never heard or saw anything though.
  • Options
    if you look closely on this video, there is something in london dungeon, very spooky

Ghost
  • Options
    if you look closely on this video, there is something in london dungeon, very spooky

Ghost

oh my god i hate you!!!!
  • Options

Ghost

I knew that was gona happen yet i still fell for it! :grump:
  • Options
    now you have ruined it for everyone :P

i thought everyone had seen that before, i thought i would be greeted with "OMG HOW OLD" etc..
  • Options
    I've had a few "odd" experiences but they were mainly when i was younger so i blame my imagination for that.

I think i believe in them, i dunno. Maybe its just hoping that theres something after we die i dunno.

I would to go to haunted places though and see if i experience anything, maybe a thesite haunted house meet ;) haha
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote: »
    I've had a few encounters :)

Bet you have ;)
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote: »
    I'm not talking about nightstops :p

Although a couple of our old crew hotels were haunted

Pink elephant

You saw a pink elephant?
  • Options
    Not while totally normal in a awake state, but I had a pretty hefty hallucination once while in a stupor.
  • Options
    It's all a load of shite. :thumb:
  • Options
    Well, my cat was killed about 3 years ago and I still see it where it used to sleep - but that could be my mind playing tricks on me.. My mate reckons she sees a woman at this castle about 10 mins walk away from where we live, and I'd say there's truth in that, about 5 people claim to have seen a similar woman wearing a red dress and carrying a basket of fruit, in the same place. So you never know
  • Options
    Fortunatly (because I dont like to get frightened!) there is no such thing as ghosts. There is no scientific evidence for ghosts at all (literally none). The human mind is very complex and every so often we experience things we do not understand and we are tricked into seeing or hearing strange happenings...this is especially true at night when we are not fully awake, shadows and odd reflections of light take on shapes...

In fact, if you think about it, if there was seriously the possibity of ghosts existing, every scientist and huge resource would be put into trying to prove it, for in doing so you would...
    Be one of the most famous people on earth,
    Get about 5 Nobel prizes,
    Be an instant million(Billion?) -aire.
    Change the whole face of physics and understanding of the world,
    Change the face of religion,

..Basically it would be a pretty big deal

..But as it is there is no (as far as I am aware?!) research into the paranormal (except by obvious crack-pots, and certain money making tv shows!).

Anyway, just my opinion.. :) ...to answer the question, no I have not seen a ghost!
    :thumb:
  • Options
    So you never know

No, you do know. It's a load of superstitious nonsense, just the mind playing tricks. Same with religious aspirations and shite like that.
  • Options
    nooooooooo they are real!!! im a beliver :( x