Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

im depressed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my girlfriend dumped me the other day by a text message. i havent seen her since and i love her so much and im so upset. she says that she still wants to be friends with me but im not sure if i want to be because i know that it wont be the same. she didnt even give me a very good reason why she broke up with me.

she told me today that she is really sorry and that she misses me but she is confused at the moment.:(

dont know what to do

Comments

• Options
    sorry to hear that.
  • Options
    TashJTashJ Posts: 79 Budding Regular
    Hi Adam,

Sorry to read your message. Sending a text message is such a horrible way to break up with someone! It sounds like you really care about this girl, and it's totally understandable that you'd be feeling upset and confused right now.

All I can say is give it time, and for now, just focus on looking after yourself. In time, she might be clearer about what she wants, or she might be able to give you an explanation. As you say, being mates with an ex-girlfriend can be difficult, so take time to consider if this is what you really want or if you'd like to cease contact, and have some space for a while.

We're here if you want to vent. Take care.
  • Options
    thank for the advice tash. i appreciate that. im just trying not to think about it at the moment now and try and play it cool with her.
  • Options
    What i'd say is try your best not to text her, however stupidly hard that is. Just give her some space and keep yourself busy :)
  • Options
    That's a toughie..

Don't do her the favor and be her friend however. It will just break you, seeing her all the time, hearing from her being happy and stuff. Save yourself some trouble and cut contact. you don't need a friend like that, nor does she deserve one like you.
  • Options
    Dumping by text is harsh. I would say delete her number for now so you dont text her back in a moment of weakness/drunkness, and keep your distance for a while til you both sort your emotions out.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    That's a toughie..

Don't do her the favour and be her friend however. It will just break you, seeing her all the time, hearing from her being happy and stuff. Save yourself some trouble and cut contact. you don't need a friend like that, nor does she deserve one like you.

I kinda agree. Her wanting to remain 'friends' sounds like it might be so she can alleviate any guilt that she may have over dumping you in this way. If you are really cut up about this, distance is the best policy until your heart has mended.
  • Options
    thanks people. i saw here today and i think it went ok. i know she likes me but she just isnt sure if she wants a relationship at the moment.
  • Options
    adam1989 wrote: »
    thanks people. i saw here today and i think it went ok. i know she likes me but she just isnt sure if she wants a relationship at the moment.

Haha that doesn't help you really though does it. Its cool she thinking of herself and putting herself 1st. You just do same and make sure you are looking after number 1 :thumb: