Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hair removal

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What is your preferred method of hair removal for anywhere that you remove hair from on your body?

Because i am a wimp and I don't dare wax, its shaving for legs, armpits and lady garden, plucking for eyebrows.

Comments

• Options
    Dinted wrote: »
    What is your preferred method of hair removal for anywhere that you remove hair from on your body?

Because i am a wimp and I don't dare wax, its shaving for legs, armpits and lady garden, plucking for eyebrows.

same as but at the moment i'm having laserrrr on my arms (pale skin and dark hair dont go!!)..owwwchie but worth it :)

i hate shaving but it's sooo much quicker than anything else i find
  • Options
    Shaving legs and underarms because I can't wait out the regrowth period :yuK:

Wax eyebrows and ze bikini line myself. Much less embarrassing than having someone do it for you, and after the first time you can just follow the shape they created. Way cheaper too. Plucking takes me too long on the old eyebrows, and shaving down here is not an option for me. Wax on, wax off :thumb:
  • Options
    I've tried cream but never seems to be good!
    Shaving and waxing eyebrows tho!
    I'm goin on holiday in the summer and I'm tempted to try waxing but I'm not comfortable with my body and would find it strange and wouldn't know what to do preperation wise!!
  • Options
    NOT epilation, tried that today and it was awful
  • Options
    pluck eyebrows, shave legs and armpits, trim and shave pubes.
    I want to get a brazilian, but im a bit scared! Does it hurt alot? how long does it take etc?
  • Options
    Shave legs/underarm/bikini. Ocassionaly use hair removal cream.
  • Options
    Shave armpits, epilate legs and downbelows, pluck eyebrows and *cough* stray chin hair :(
  • Options
    Don't worry kaff, I have plenty of stray chin hairs too.

I shave everything except my eyebrows, which I pluck.

Well, I do when my sister hasn't stolen my tweezers. I feel like a gorilla atm :(.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    Don't worry kaff, I have plenty of stray chin hairs too.

I wouldn't mind, but occasionally the lovely Mr K will say (much more loudly than he intends to) "Your beard hair is back. I can see it glistening in the sunlight." :crying:
  • Options
    That's mean! Mine aren't too bad, but it is annoying because random long black hairs just seem to appear on my face out of nowhere :(.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote: »
    Shave armpits, epilate legs and downbelows, pluck eyebrows and *cough* stray chin hair :(

get it zapped!! then it wont grow back

i get upper lip hair and have got it sorted out..none of this bollocky hair removal cream anymore..mwahaha
  • Options
    get it zapped!! then it wont grow back

i get upper lip hair and have got it sorted out..none of this bollocky hair removal cream anymore..mwahaha
    Prices plz!!

Ok i was ashamed to say, i pluck the upper lip also
  • Options
    a lottt for laser like £160 per session (i think) but im getting arms too..but i imagine less for electrolysis and it would probably be better cuz it's quite a small area to treat
  • Options
    I wax everything (even the naughty bits).

It is so much easier and the more you do it, the thinner and lighter your hair get - so the in between stage is ok cos you can hardly see my hair until it gets really loong anyway.

And because i've been doing it for so long (around 2 years) it does not even hurt anymore :)
  • Options
    pluck eyebrows, shave legs and armpits, trim and shave pubes.
    I want to get a brazilian, but im a bit scared! Does it hurt alot? how long does it take etc?

its not that bad, but would recommend you get another area waxed first so you are used to what its like. I do my own these days-brave or stuuupid?